Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

UK & Ireland World Update (1.13.16.0) is now live!

I was puzzled too that the required MSFS update didn't happen the usual way, so restarted the computer and started MSFS again. This time the MS store came up without prompting, with button to reinstall MSFS. After a brief download completed I restarted MSFS; this time the full 1.13.16 update button appeared, which ran normally. BTW I got 240 Mbps with the long file downloads.

Maury Pratt

oof, they misspelled Through. Not the first typo, they misspelled one of the ship names in Pearl Harbor too.

1250410_20210216162351_1.png

28 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Does anyone notice any spikes or water elevation issues? And I mean anywhere in the world, not only UK/Ireland.

I had noticed one such spike (big distant pyramid shaped, that was disappearing when approached) when heading eastbound from Montreal CYUL. After this new World Update, it's gone. 

• Like 1

Sorry may have missed it in the thread..  what airports have they added as better than before?  Seen the list of POI's but not the airports.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Anyone else seeing a few missing bridges along the River Thames. Also some "water walls" and other irregularities west of EGML? 

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

8 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Exactly what I have. Everything says its updated.  Loading FS doesnt trigger any updates. Restarting did nothing and neither did signing out of the store.   Still regret MS Store purchase. Should have stuck with steam

I didn’t get the update in the MS store but opened the Xbox app and it came straight up with the update available. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

11 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Only solution I have found SADLY in to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Has happened on every update. I get the minor update from the MSStore and nothing triggers the main update when I run MSFS.

Really annoying - fortunately my d/l speed is good so it only takes about 1.25 hours for a complete reinstall.

A complete reinstall of course is an option. My download speed is pretty OK too but I would really like to find a proper solution to this. Since I just like you have had this issue ever since I bought this game back in August 2020.

10 minutes ago, pmb said:

I don't have the MS Store version myself, however, I would first open the MS Store. Either it's already planned for an update there or you make use of the search for new updates feature.

If this still doesn't work I would (i) look into the offical forum if there's a solution, (ii) file a Zendesk ticket.

Kind regards, Michael

Good for you I'd say. I so much wish I would have bought it via Steam instead. Ironically, I thought buying from MS Store must be the best thing to do for a MS title. Yeah right...

Have searched the official MSFS forums but so far found nothing of use in there. Will do some more searching...

6 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Exactly what I have. Everything says its updated.  Loading FS doesnt trigger any updates. Restarting did nothing and neither did signing out of the store.   Still regret MS Store purchase. Should have stuck with steam

That makes two of us. As said above, I so much wish I would have bought it via Steam instead! I even got in touch with Microsoft Support telling them about my issues and that I would like a refund to use the money to buy the title again. But from Steam this time. That of course was not accepted and their suggestion was a complete reinstall of Windows. Let me say chances I would go through a complete reinstall of Windows on a perfectly working system for one single title are slim...

5 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Richard,

Click "Get updates"

Already done that several times and each time, I get the message everything is up to date and that I'm ready to go. As seen in the last screenshot above.

Richard Åsberg

9 minutes ago, Donka said:

I didn’t get the update in the MS store but opened the Xbox app and it came straight up with the update available. 

I remember trying that in the past to no avail but will try it again. I currently don't have the Xbox app installed but worth a try.

Edited to add I just tried using the Xbox app but as seen below, no joy. Just offered me to launch the game. Which of course crashed to the desktop because I didn't remember to first stopping the Windows Audio service...

SMCsqbL.jpg

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

Remember to actually dl the world update IN the sim folks, just did a one hour flight in southern England only to realize I did not download it 😉

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Wish they would fix the issue with Live weather not loading in after the initial flight, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  Takes forever for the sim to load!

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Spurs fans ‘ain’t going to be happy. 🤨 No Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Goodison Park, Villa Park and most importantly, Anfield are modelled! 😉

No Molineux, either ☹️

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

35 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I can already hear the Welsh and Scottish stampeding in your general direction 🤣

And the northern Irish. 

17 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Sorry may have missed it in the thread..  what airports have they added as better than before?  Seen the list of POI's but not the airports.

Graham

New Hand-crafted Airports

• Barra
  • Liverpool
  • Land’s End
  • Manchester-Barton
  • Out Skerries

Where is the flag of Scotland!!!????

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just now, Fielder said:

Where is the flag of Scotland!!!????

It's in the Union Jack.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1