Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What's Broke (1.13.16.0)

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Real A320 pilots dont use full flaps in cross winds or strong wings, its config 3.

I'll expand on this in saying there's instances you don't need flaps at all when landing.  If you have a strong head wind you'll float forever trying to use flaps.  I'm starting to think there's no problem here at all just too many non-pilots in the mix.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

I'm starting to think there's no problem here at all just too many non-pilots in the mi

Really? Go do a circuit in the Caravan and then comeback and report what you find.

Don’t take my word for it, see yourself.

And an aside, “It doesn’t take a carpenter to know if a tables leg is too short.”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

Really? Go do a circuit in the Caravan and then comeback and report what you find.

And an aside, “It doesn’t take a carpenter to know if a tables leg is too short.”

I will later today. 🧐

FS2020 

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Instead of giving up try to get some help. This whole hobby is about figuring out these kinds of issues and working through them.  The FSX community was the biggest example of this as that sim was broken out the gate with no monthly updates.  I'm sure something like a System Restore and other options will get you back up and running. 

Thanks for keeping the spirit up but I tried to verify the files using Steam and it turns out this removes absolutely everything MSFS file there is. The only way to get MSFS back is to reinstall it from scratch.

4 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

More issues:

1) Aside from early rotation, the parking brake isn't holding my aircraft stationary at full thrust. Haven't tried every single aircraft yet, but it's certainly happening with the props I've tried so far

2) Avionics are often switching off between take-off and a couple of minutes into a flight.

3) I had a ticking noise during flight and realised the ignition is constantly being initiated.

I am using the Thrustmaster TCA stick and throttle quadrant, issue 3 seems to be specific to that (no problem with Xbox controller). Disabling the ENG 1and ENG 2 switches stops the ignition clicking but obviously loses their function.

4 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I'll make a list later...

Didn't bother using Dev Mode in the end.

I've tested every default aircraft, all 30 of them, no mods and nothing in the Community Folder apart from Orbx Leeds-Bradford, London City, Burbank and Tacoma Narrows airports. I lined up at Newcastle (UK) for each aircraft, with clear skies.

The following exhibited one or more of the above issues (P=Parking Brake; A=Avionics, I=Ignition. y=yes, n=no).

P A I 

n n y Cirrus SR22

n n y DA40 (both versions)

n y n DA62

n n y DV20

n y y Extra 330

n y y CTSL

n n y Icon A5

y y y JMB VL-3

n y y Virus

y y y Baron

n n y G36

n n y C152 (both versions)*

n y y C172

n n y C172 G1000

n n y Savage Cub**

*The C152 turned slowly to the left when at full throttle with the Parking Brake on

** The Cub has a starting key but no magneto positions

The connection between all the planes with avionics switching off is they have a Garmin screen. Only the C208 didn't switch off but that's possibly only because I was only flying each plane for 3 to 5 minutes - it might have happened eventually.

All the aircraft with starter keys exhibited the clicking ignition, except for the Cub, maybe for the reason stated above.

Finally, I noticed that switching the ENG1 switch on the Airbus Quadrant to OFF brought the Garmin back on in the steam gauge C172. I tested the planes in the order shown above so I didn't get to test if that worked in any of the previous aircraft.

• Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

40 minutes ago, tup61 said:

tried to verify the files using Steam and it turns out this removes absolutely everything MSFS file there is

Yes, unfortunately this is the case. I’m sorry you weren’t forewarned.

I hope your download goes fast.

I wondered what that constant clicking was.  It was really bad in the Powersolo.  The clicking is driving me mad.  I might have to try to locate the sound file and rename it for now just as a work-around.
Not sure what other effect the constant starter is having though.  Flatten the battery maybe?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I too have this, it started happening a few weeks ago though....

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I wondered what that constant clicking was. 

I don't suppose either of you are using the TCA quadrant too?

I also noticed that the clicking sound cycled through a series of slightly different clicks, so Asobo haven't just made a single sound file for the ignition key. I'd estimate half a dozen or more. Whether it's at all relevant in connection to this bug, I have no idea,

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yes, unfortunately this is the case. I’m sorry you weren’t forewarned.

I hope your download goes fast.

Never really like Steam... :ph34r:

FS2020 

9 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I stand corrected.  It's screwed, everything reported is true... 🥴:ph34r:

I gave up and decided to use this Mod and it's back to acceptable (prop animation on startup is off, needs a new update).  I have to give much credit to our modders:

Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod • Flight Simulator 2020 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

The C208 is definitely messed up - at 200 ft (well above ground effect, which is gone by roughly 1 wingspan's altitude, ~50 feet for the C208) above the ocean I was able to fly straight and level at 27 kts, flaps 30, and 38% throttle.  Impossible!

The TBM930 also doesn't feel right, but it might not be as egregious as the C208.

The Bonanza didn't feel as bad, but it won't idle at min throttle on the ground anymore, the RPMs slowly drop until the engine stops.  And trying to fly it 'by the numbers' which worked pretty well before, I found I needed a lower power setting by a few inches going through the pattern.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I found the update was in two parts the 1.13.16.0 which I updated through the MS store, The UK update has to be done separately through the market place that`s why I was a bit disappointed I will have a fresh look today.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

The C208 is definitely messed up - at 200 ft (well above ground effect, which is gone by roughly 1 wingspan's altitude, ~50 feet for the C208) above the ocean I was able to fly straight and level at 27 kts, flaps 30, and 38% throttle.  Impossible!

The TBM930 also doesn't feel right, but it might not be as egregious as the C208.

The Bonanza didn't feel as bad, but it won't idle at min throttle on the ground anymore, the RPMs slowly drop until the engine stops.  And trying to fly it 'by the numbers' which worked pretty well before, I found I needed a lower power setting by a few inches going through the pattern.

Our mods for these aircraft with the biggest problems are saving the day. Whether it be the Longitude, Caravan, or the TBM the flight dynamics mods we have available smooth out the rough edges of the default FDE.  Asobo needs to address what they changed.  Hopefully the next sim update that was promised for this month with address these issues.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

7 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I don't suppose either of you are using the TCA quadrant too?

I also noticed that the clicking sound cycled through a series of slightly different clicks, so Asobo haven't just made a single sound file for the ignition key. I'd estimate half a dozen or more. Whether it's at all relevant in connection to this bug, I have no idea,

No, but I have the Saitek quadrant.  I have been through all of my controller assignments, and only the keyboard has the assignment for the ignition starter (shift-i I think it was), so it shouldn't be anything spurious coming through from the rest - mouse, xbox controller for cameras, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, A320 joystick (TCA Sidestick).

Annoying!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

I stand corrected.  It's screwed, everything reported is true... 🥴:ph34r:

I gave up and decided to use this Mod and it's back to acceptable (prop animation on startup is off, needs a new update).  I have to give much credit to our modders:

Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod • Flight Simulator 2020 

Every 6 months in the PA28 I would have to demonstrate a flapless landing, v high nose at vref and slippery to control on the way down but I used to enjoy it. In a strong headwind you would never need final flap because all this really does is add drag. The drag flaps are useful with your power management in that the engine is at a reasonable thrust output should a GA be needed

I think flap modelling in 2020 is a marked improvement over FSX type, especially the balloon/sink effect you get when adding retracting lift flap   

• Upvote 1