Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What's Broke (1.13.16.0)

20 minutes ago, psolk said:

There is s thread dedicated to the new VSYNC behaviour  

Uuuuh - serves me right as I was pointing a finger (in another thread - don't bother) to those on the official forum not realising the offline has long been recognised 🥴. Thanks.

And there's this thread too:

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

12 hours ago, Dillon said:

My CTD issue seems to be fixed now.😲  My sim would regularly CTD after so long using the sim and if it didn't in my flight once I tried to get back to the main menu it would.  I'm beating this thing up now trying to see if the issue is indeed solved.  I'll know in a few as my next flight is to New York.  If I don't get a CTD on that flight Asobo finally fixed the issue I'm pretty sure.  I'm just rolling into that flight without restarting the sim.  I'm really happy about this one if this is the case.

Excitement gone... Just had a CTD on my way to NY.😣  Now it's off to see the frequency of the CTD's and has that improved (certain spots trigger it, etc). 🙁

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

No CTDs here... only issue is the broken flight model causing the early rotation on takeoff and float on landing.

@Dillon we have almost identical system (Alienware). I wonder if it’s an add on, because I have none other than the three Carenados installed post update?

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

No CTDs here

neither here . and I even turned multiplayer back on. was quite busy when I landed at EGCL. And what a soup if real weather was shown correctly. Now FBW hopefully has a fix to compensate that messy flight model and I am a (still) happy camper pilot

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

A list of what is wrong is a good thing IMO. This way when/if you encounter it you won't bother creating another post about the issue.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

23 minutes ago, RobJC said:

A list of what is wrong is a good thing IMO. This way when/if you encounter it you won't bother creating another post about the issue.  

Perhaps not here, but might be good to zendesk it or upvote it if it's already there at flightsimulator.com.  I'd like to believe the more Asobo hear about an issue, the more likely they are to address it (perfect world notwithstanding).

More issues:

1) Aside from early rotation, the parking brake isn't holding my aircraft stationary at full thrust. Haven't tried every single aircraft yet, but it's certainly happening with the props I've tried so far

2) Avionics are often switching off between take-off and a couple of minutes into a flight.

3) I had a ticking noise during flight and realised the ignition is constantly being initiated.

I am using the Thrustmaster TCA stick and throttle quadrant, issue 3 seems to be specific to that (no problem with Xbox controller). Disabling the ENG 1and ENG 2 switches stops the ignition clicking but obviously loses their function.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Took of from Heathrow and encountered stuttering every 10 seconds, program stopped for a few seconds then carried on, this kept repeating till I terminated the flight. Someone else reported this in the same area, I have had no problems anywhere else.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

3) I had a ticking noise during flight and realised the ignition is constantly being initiated.

I too have this, it started happening a few weeks ago though....

8 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

More issues:

1) Aside from early rotation, the parking brake isn't holding my aircraft stationary at full thrust. Haven't tried every single aircraft yet, but it's certainly happening with the props I've tried so far

2) Avionics are often switching off between take-off and a couple of minutes into a flight.

I am using the Thrustmaster TCA stick and throttle quadrant, issue 3 seems to be specific to that (no problem with Xbox controller). Disabling the ENG 1and ENG 2 switches stops the ignition clicking but obviously loses their function.

What aircraft are you experiencing this with?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I too have this, it started happening a few weeks ago though....

Maybe I just didn't notice it over the engine noise or because I often have the sound low at night.

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

What aircraft are you experiencing this with?

A variety of stock aircraft, currently the Beechcraft. I'll make a list later, using Dev mode to switch planes quicker.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:
25 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Maybe I just didn't notice it over the engine noise or because I often have the sound low at night.

I find that increasing engine rpm cures it straight away and it doesn’t return until I start a new flight. 

I loaded up at EGAC (Belfast City) and immediately noticed 4 big elevation errors around the airfield. 
But I realized what it could be, which is the "Scenery Glitch Fixes for Update 1.12.13.0" mod from the flightsim dot to website. 

As soon as I removed that mod, the elevation was normal and I had a very enjoyable flight around Northern Ireland. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I find that increasing engine rpm cures it straight away and it doesn’t return until I start a new flight. 

Doesn't work for me, sadly.

• Like 1

I did my flight in the Carenado Mooney, my favorite add-on aircraft. 

Flight went well, but on landing it just wanted to float. To get it to settle down I had to use the spoilers on the wing (default key: / ). 

The flight dynamics must have changed. Probably the flap issue. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s