Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What's Broke (1.13.16.0)

I think the Longitude is thankfully less bouncy on landings. (Or maybe I'm just making better landings.)

• Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

9 minutes ago, desbean said:

Vertical sync to "fast" in nvidia fixed the screen tearing for me but still white flickering around the MFD and PFD in the Caravan at certain angles in clouds.

The flaps are definitely messed up in the Caravan now. When descending on the GS and initiating the first notch of flaps the plane suddenly starts ascending at 1,000 fpm. On takeoff when climbing out removing the one notch of flaps causes the plane to do a very steep dive.

There was a Bugs & Issues thread about that on the MSFS forum, but the mods there locked it as soon as someone said you could work-around whatever changed with an nVIDIA override setting.

It's not like there is an entire other company that makes graphics cards or anything.

The flaps thing is exactly what I was worried about when they released that Aerodynamics video - that they would manage to totally hose all existing aircraft.  I'm pretty sure the flaps change is the thing that Aerosoft wanted to finalize the CRJ (no inside information but it seems out of place in this update and they stated specifically that some 3DP developers wanted it).  So I hope it was worth it to totally screw over every other plane in the sim just so Aerosoft could release their one product.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are multiple reports on the MSFS forum of default aircraft rotating at far too low a speed post patch.

I was already finding this an issue with small GA aircraft at times, almost as though I had pitch control set to bring the nose up immediately, but it does seem more extreme now. I used to have the light GA aircraft, such as the Cessnas, gradually lift off the runway with no joystick/yoke movement once a good speed had been reached, but now they seem to have become STO(L) aircraft.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Things seem good. One possible problem in CJ4 WT - I believe on approach the 15/35 speed targets for flaps was missing.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Thread title is misleading and pure clickbait. In addition, Asobo isn't responsible for third party addons. If they don't work after an update, it's the responsibility of third party developers to fix their addons. 

So, no, the update didn't "break" anything. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If something was working, and Asobo makes a change to the sim such that it no longer works - then I'd say Asobo certainly broke whatever the thing in question is.

In fact in this update they seem to have 'broken' many of their own aircraft, the TBM930 will happily float the entire length of the runway with the power off, flaps 2, gear down, not stalling even at a speed of 50 knots.

No other Microsoft sim has ever had more then 1-2 service pack patches, so this wasn't a thing that we've had to deal with in the past on a monthly basis.  Maybe 2 patches in the first 6 months and then a year and a half of relative stability before the next boxed retail release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Maybe 2 patches in the first 6 months and then a year and a half of relative stability before the next boxed retail release.

You do realize that this is an approach to software development from 2 decades ago when developers still had to send out floppy disks with updates, do you?

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

If Asobo were to release stable updates, which presumably would require deeper testing and a longer time period between releasing said updates, there'd be riots here on Avsim. People start bawling when the update is, like, a week late.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Regardless of the original intent, I'm all in favor of having a prominent "list of what's wrong" thread.   It's useful for folks to have a place to go where they can see if anyone else is having their issue, rather than everyone starting their own new "Has anyone else...?" thread.  It also reduces the number locations where we can have the same old tired fight about whether or not the sim is a total disaster.  Again.

It would be if people didnt keep posting, "Everything OK here" posts or similar, and having to wade through all that.

What I would like to know (will only get to install the update later today) - from what I am reading here, we can delete the "mappamundi" fixes for terrain spikes and coastal glitches?

Also, can we switch Bing Data back on to avoid 3rd party scenery CTD's that started causing problems for just about everyone a few days before this update was released?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I was already finding this an issue with small GA aircraft at times, almost as though I had pitch control set to bring the nose up immediately, but it does seem more extreme now. I used to have the light GA aircraft, such as the Cessnas, gradually lift off the runway with no joystick/yoke movement once a good speed had been reached, but now they seem to have become STO(L) aircraft.

Maybe it is aircraft specific: the ground behaviour of the Carenado M20R has been significantly improved with the patch. Rudder authority is less sensitive now and you can also now feel the ground effect. If the speed drops during flare, the aircraft nicely settles on the runway - just as in real. Also the aircraft does not lift off prior to Vr speed if trimmed correctly. I should try the default Cessna to see how it behaves post patch.

What else can I tell:

1. the *cgl Bing problem appears to be solved (e.g. in Aerosoft EDLP), which is a good thing.

2. The lights are still distorted when using a Ultra Wide monitor (1440p), PAPI look bulby and unreal during approach. I hope that this will be solved in one of the future patches.

3. Pop out panels / instrument still costs around 10 fps (ALTGR + right mouse key) . Hope this will be solved as well.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well, did now my first flight into UK at EGLC with the latest neo dev version. Flight model or something changed, not necessarily MS‘s fault, the FBW neo did not want to climb to FL320 and stayed at around 26780 feet. Ground effect was excessive at around 130kts landing speed with full flaps and gear down, causing me to float down half the rwy 27 and overshoot it. Still relaxed here as I am happily waiting for the next FBW updates addressing any issue which may or may not have been caused by the latest MSFS update. More if not most important is that I did again not get 1 single CTD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"