Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

The competition isn't bug free either and has other problems that in turn PMDG doesn't have and in general, there are only very few aircraft developers that even offer the kind of quality that we are talking about here while most aircraft from other developers,

Leonardo Maddog.  PMDG.  FSLabs.  Majestic Q400.  That's the list.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

I probably just will fly it less than others but not actually uninstall it. 

agreed.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

The LNAV and F/D system is the same in all of their products. An overhaul is in the works and as per statements it's close to go into beta testing for all aircraft. That's why the same inaccuracies are in the newer products as well.

Other than that, we've been over this in another thread some time back. The competition isn't bug free either and has other problems that in turn PMDG doesn't have and in general, there are only very few aircraft developers that even offer the kind of quality that we are talking about here while most aircraft from other developers, without wanting to be harsh on them, are a long ways off from offering the same level of complexity and realism and many truly are full of bugs, in fact.

I know you like to say I'm a pilot, I see things that are off that you will never see (not being harsh), but I'd argue that is excellent evidence of the level of quality we are experiencing. Though, in all fairness, there are also plenty of testimonies from people in the industry who are highlighting the many aspects in which these sort of aircraft addons are working like the real thing and even beat the multi-million-dollar sims in the simulation of some systems.

Evidently, the 777 is suffering from post-release-itis, but there is no doubt this won't get ironed out in the next days. We're complaining at a very high level here.

As you said, "in all fairness" I'm surprised that the "testimonials" from the people in the industry did not notice the problems highlighted in the above post that PMDG products suffer for years.
It is unquestionable evidence of the programmer's skills, it is clear that attention to certain items are very well emulated but constantly blaming P3D and others for your shortcomings and not finding the time and manpower to fix the main product bugs for over 12 years or more is no excuse.
I'm sorry but when the main bone of these products is not working correctly for so many years it is a stretch to qualify "excellent evidence of the level of quality we are experiencing"
I understand that it might not be so pleasant to be told the truth, but when you raise the bar so high and think so highly about your business and not accept that there is a problem affecting your product for so many years you are for sure on a slippery road.
Now in all fairness, as a "pilot" I do appreciate your products and I do believe that you guys can do better than fighting with the customer and try to imply that everything is dandy.
That's why I said it's time for a new business strategy from the top.
Edited by killthespam
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Leonardo Maddog.  PMDG.  FSLabs.  Majestic Q400.  That's the list.  

agreed again.

I still dont think they should of released it in the current state.  bad all around. 

will it get you from a to b.  yes.  but so does the aerosoft 32x and 330.  doesnt mean they are any good.

it never ceases to amaze me how people will accept unfinished products and just brush it off because theres always a group of others, (espically these twitch idiots) that are prepared to defend it no matter how junk it is.

Ill say it again as its my opinion.  shouldnt of been released in that state.  burned again.  until at least they patch it. we never learn.  myself included.  I just expcted better from PMDG

It just gives another developers (of both scenery and aircraft)  a free pass to do the same and bring out unfinished products, They must love it.

but ts been going on 10 years plus. prologue, early access, and all this rubbish

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

So $78 for the expansion, don't forget you still need the base pack, another $139. So really it's $217 total.

So hypothetically 1000 people around the world buy it at $217. This would be $217,000 in sales. 

But if they charged say $117 then 5000 people would be interested as it is more affordable and sales would be $585,000.

Maybe they used a different calculator then I did, but it seems like they are charging a little too much. 

• Upvote 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

7 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

So $78 for the expansion, don't forget you still need the base pack, another $139. So really it's $217 total.

So hypothetically 1000 people around the world buy it at $217. This would be $217,000 in sales. 

But if they charged say $117 then 5000 people would be interested as it is more affordable and sales would be $585,000.

Maybe they used a different calculator then I did, but it seems like they are charging a little too much. 

We as customers can speculate however if your business has survived for more than a decade through now two economic downturns, I think they have the experience that gives them a better grasp of the market and their target audience than we do. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No true glass or real light?

or rainmaker I should say?

cheers

mike

Edited by mikeymike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

That's one steep price elasticity. I think the evidence we're seeing on prices suggests the market for these types of addons is actually very price inelastic.

• Upvote 1

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

Evidently, the 777 is suffering from post-release-itis, but there is no doubt this won't get ironed out in the next days. We're complaining at a very high level here.

Well, a beta team member just posted on the topic I created at the PMDG forums that they were complaining about the pitch issue prior to release to no avail. Now people are piling into that thread (Pitch Twitchy in the 777 forum) and complaining left, right and center. I encourage all in here to join in and post your issues with the pitch axis in manual flight. It's current iteration is just terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

On 2/28/2021 at 1:26 PM, kingm56 said:

To that point, I can't think of a single major developer that charged for a V4 to V5 upgrade

To be contextually factual, Leonardo charged an upgrade fee on their Maddog to move from P3D4 to P3D5.

Edited by Greggy_D

FYI PMDG released an update for all the 777 variants via Ops Center. Will test it later today

Cheers

• Like 2

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

edit: nevermind news about update was posted above 😂

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Are the main gripes fixed with the update today (sounds, pitch issues and fan blade animations) then?

8 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

To be contextually factual, Leonardo charged an upgrade fee on their Maddog to move from P3D4 to P3D5.

they did.  $15 I believe.  But then later the updates with CPDLC and the EFB were no charge.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

30 minutes ago, jjf said:

Are the main gripes fixed with the update today (sounds, pitch issues and fan blade animations) then?

You can read over at the forum, the sound and blade animations are updated but the they are still working on the pitch.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5