Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

PMDG 777-200ER Released

How’s the performance?

im assuming it’s compatible with both v4 and v5 right?

cheers 

mike

5 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

How’s the performance?

im assuming it’s compatible with both v4 and v5 right?

cheers 

mike

Performance overall good with my computer, comparing to 737 747 and FSL.

However, with 3 engine variants and bunch of time working, I wonder why there are so few paints come with it. I was surprised by that.

Edited by Hoang

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

3 minutes ago, Hoang said:

However, with 3 engine variants and bunch of time working, I wonder why there are so few paints come with it. I was surprised by that.

I was a little disappointed also with the ER paints schemes that come with it.  Not many at all.  An example.  Id rather have 3 united livery types instead of 15 of the exact same scheme.  

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Performance overall good with my computer, comparing to 737 747 and FSL.

Are you on v4 or v5?

interesting about the repaints , perhaps due to PBR it takes longer?  

Mike

26 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Are you on v4 or v5?

interesting about the repaints , perhaps due to PBR it takes longer?  

Mike

Hi, I'm using V5.

Well there are many repaints for 200LR and 300ER (probably because it has been released for previous version), but 200ER, so few.

• Like 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

52 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I was a little disappointed also with the ER paints schemes that come with it.  Not many at all.  An example.  Id rather have 3 united livery types instead of 15 of the exact same scheme.  

I agree. I think all the same paint schemes with different tail numbers have something to do with Global Flight Ops. I think the system is tail number driven and not based on airline type. I wonder how that’s going to work if someone flew in American 777 N1234 and I have N4321 installed. Does this mean I need to download another copy of the same paint scheme with a different tail number?

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Hoang said:

Now you fly the newest platform of P3D and receive these updates FREE.

A business has to pay the salaries and the electricity so I do not believe in FREE things.

For marketing purposes it is presented as free, but it is more accurate to say "with no additional cost".

When the 777 was ported to P3D, the higher price (compared to FSX) was justified by the fact that it included future updates.

So actually we have already paid for the update that has just been released.

• Upvote 2

- TONY -

I'm a loyal PMDG customer since 15 years, who has purchased nearly all titles of their FSX/P3D product line. Now it's the first time that I regret a purchase. The 200ER extension is simply not worth 78$ in my opinion. Most has been said here and in the PMDG forum. It is also notable, that in the official PMDG forum "Disappointment Posts" get locked very fast.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

12 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

They just released a new PBR visual model of the 200-LR, my ill-informed friend, so the answer to your rather snarky question - “Pray tel, when has PMDG released a new visual model for free?” - is “yesterday”

“this is essentially a full rebuild of the entire 777 product line, complete with new fly-by-wire, new flight models, new exterior models (pbr compatible with P3D v5) updated systems logic, added ground services, new sound engine, updated VNAV logic, integration for compatibility with PMDG Global Flight Operations, and much, much more.”

PMDG just released a very substantial free upgrade for a product that I bought back in February 2015. You’re also very wrong with regards to the 64-bit issue - “ 64-bit 777 = nope“. It’s actually “64-bit 777 = yep”, as they issued a free 64-bit update for my product after P3D v4 was released in 2017.

Perhaps you should try flying these aircraft rather than just bashing them, you might actually like it!

Updating the model to take advantage of PBR is vastly different than reconstructing the VC; the latter is far more time consuming than the former.  Also, the line you quoted is exactly what I was referring to regarding PMDG marketing prowess....

"PMDG just released a very substantial free upgrade for a product that I bought back in February 2015. You’re also very wrong with regards to the 64-bit issue - “ 64-bit 777 = nope“. It’s actually “64-bit 777 = yep”, as they issued a free 64-bit update for my product after P3D v4 was released in 2017."

Again, updating and/or recompiling software is vastly different than providing a new visual model for free. They have yet to provide a visual model (not PBR) for free..ever!  I bet you the new PMDG 777 VC will require the $77 expansion pack and/or be a separate purchase.  Care to place a wager on this notion, Oz?  

I own every PMDG aircraft available and acknowledge they produce amazing aircraft; in fact, the PMDG 777 is one of my top 2 favorite aircraft ever produced (LDS 767 is my #1).  Regardless, I'm educated enough in terms of business and software development to identify expert marketing, which PMDG excels at; again, your quote proves this.  Overall, I dislike the impact they've had on the aggregate market, which I highlighted in this thread.  I do appreciate the upgrade; however, this is in-line with almost every other aircraft developer in the space.  To that point, I can't think of a single major developer that charged for a V4 to V5 upgrade; from a public relations perspective, there was no way PMDG could charge for this upgrade after charging for the 64-bit upgrade. So, we got a full-court press that portrayed this update to be bigger than it was; again, most of the work was required to prepare the aircraft for MSFS port.  It's really simple, Oz...

Matt King

I’m even more disappointed by the lack of fan blade animations. Especially when compared to the LR. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

there was no way PMDG could charge for this upgrade after charging for the 64-bit upgrade.

Did you not read my post that you’re replying to? As I noted, you’re wrong about PMDG charging for 64 bit upgrades. I bought the P3D 777 in 2015. We didn’t have 64-bit P3D until over 2 years later.  FSL charged to upgrade their bus to a 64 bit version at this time, PMDG did not.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

I’m even more disappointed by the lack of fan blade animations. Especially when compared to the LR. 

That will be corrected soon.

- TONY -

13 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

- Cockpit may be old, but it looks decent. In particular, as a VR flier I find that the proportions are good and that your head doesn’t accidentally poke through the side window (unlike some other aircraft, such as the NGXU).

You'll find that poking your head out of (or bumping into) the side window is just a 737 thing as the cockpit is rather small and doesn't allow for a lot of movement. That's the beauty of flying in VR though, you get to 'be' in the cockpit and experience all these things about the real aircraft at home.

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I agree. I think all the same paint schemes with different tail numbers have something to do with Global Flight Ops.

We use the paints in GFO testing.

25 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

No need to be disappointed, it's a bug. It's obviously not supposed to be like this.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I'm a loyal PMDG customer since 15 years, who has purchased nearly all titles of their FSX/P3D product line. Now it's the first time that I regret a purchase. The 200ER extension is simply not worth 78$ in my opinion. Most has been said here and in the PMDG forum. It is also notable, that in the official PMDG forum "Disappointment Posts" get locked very fast.

In their defense, since the get go, they made it clear and very hesitant to upgrade and update 777 for V5.Besides it took almost a year. I can't comment and this is  just speculation on my part. They claimed endless hours were spent, which is possibly true but I believe along with this update they are making it for other platform as well, were they expect more income, which makes sense. So as a Business, they counted on those with V5 and revenue they could make of it. Truth is that nothing on the market as a Long Haul airliner doesn't exist with this depth and it is arguably best ACFT IMHO.To be honest if not because this update I would continue only with FSL, but since I fly for VA that requires this ACFT I am happy. With exception of EFB I don't see any other improvement. But yes, I am sucker and spent $78 for one more toy.

One way or another they have to think and make best strategy and business decision and many factors that we don't know. Their product is good and until someone makes better I will be their customer. I can't compare with "others'' that sell "unfinished" product. Not saying that others are bad but they don't provide same as PMDG. Of course, only one that is superb IMHO is FSL, but again, 320 is short haul and my choice over NGXu. Can't even imagine quality if FSL announce long haul ACFT.

Edited by cyyzrwy24
  • Like 1

Alex 

59 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

FSL charged to upgrade their bus to a 64 bit version at this time

Sure about that? I just checked my emails and I got the FSL A320+X P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 upgrade for free in Oct. 2017. Also worth noting that I got a 100$ discount on the P3Dv3 version since I already owned the FSX version.

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models