7 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Exactly.  Hard pass.

I guess you work for free eh?🤨

i am hiring if your interested 😜

mike

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

What a complete shambles this release has been. I can't believe they didn't check installation and activation on machines without a previous PMDG installation.

Not sure if I had the same problem, but I had a previous PMDG 777 installation (and still have the 737) and it wouldn't work properly. They needed to fix the installer and I needed to do a full reinstall. To their credit, it was prompt and it worked.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

3 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

mike

I'm not sure why feeling that the price is too high is the same as feeling it should be free. I'm in the same boat - it's really really hard for me to shell out $75 for that expansion.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

44 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

mike

They're not working for free; they updated the model to prepare for it's eventual port to MSFS.  In business, it's referred to as a 'sunk cost'; in short, it needed to be done to sell the 777 on another platform, which they most assuredly will profit from.  Moreover, there are important reasons why they chose not to update visuals and add other features like rainmaker.  It's essential to provide an impetus for consumers to buy the 'new' 777 when it's released.   The attitude here helps explain why add-on aircraft have increased >300% over the last decade.  In 2009, PMDG sold thier MD-11 for $59.99; today, they sell thier add-ons for $300+. The rest of the market quickly followed, which is why Capt Sim can sell thier products for $134+ or a mid-grade Sky-Sim MD-11 cost $60.00.  Interesting enough, the utilities and scenery markets remained relatively stable, keeping pace with expected inflation.  You have to congratulate PMDG on thier ability to increase cost by 300%, while simultaneously having customers defend thier price points; it's example of expert marketing by RSR. 

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Matt King

5 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Any modification done on the FBW part?

Flight model and FBW have been overhauled significantly to the point at which you can actually feel it flying differently/more realistically.

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

It's the level of arrogance they have.

Everyone can make mistake and we still don't know what the root cause is so I am going to reserve my judgement but I didn't bought the NGXU or the 747. The only reason I still had P3D still install was for the the 777. I guess I have to wait now.

What's arrogant about any of this? It's a software bug. Sure, it's annoying, but it's also everyday life in software development. There is always something not showing up in testing within a limited group but then pops up when the product is released, which is testing the product in a whole different way, This has nothing to do with attitude.

Edit: For all that are having activation issues, the fix has been posted on their forums: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/111916-27feb21-followup-for-anyone-who-is-having-activation-issues-solution-included-please-do-this

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

13 minutes ago, threegreen said:

This has nothing to do with attitude

It's just the usual PMDG bashing that goes on at each release.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

Let's be happy that it's not a yearly subscription.

Yep, GFO isn't out yet! LOL

nine hours in the saddle, nearly at top of drop, be interesting to see how the vnav holds up.

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Moreover, there are important reasons why they chose not to update visuals and add other features like rainmaker.  It's essential to provide an impetus for consumers to buy the 'new' 777 when it's released.  

today, they sell thier add-ons for $300+.

The entire external model has been redone and PBR added. The VC will be redone in a another update later this year which will update this version, regardless of whether there will be a new 777 product.

Also, none of their products sell for $300+ (assuming you're referring to US dollars), not even the entire aircraft packages with expansions added on top. Without going into amounts of price increases, in general it's obvious that aircraft are more expensive these days since they are completely different beasts in terms of functionality and work than those back then. This is happening while development resources are more or less the same, with the exception of revenue per unit sold but that goes straight into financing the development of the now more costly units, so it doesn't even necessarily increase profit.

• Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

i still dont get how they missed the fan spinning effect. talk about basics. blimey.  its cringeworthy looking out window.

14ppkc-6.png

All you who find it necessary to complain about the price , publically....

Im curious how much you all paid for your car.... you know the thing that depreciates as you drive it and you stupidly financed because you couldn't afford it.??

Or how much did you pay for that Xbox 10423455 ( or whatever the latest version is)??

Edited by CapnOz
  • Like 1

Peter Osborn

It’s possible to think the 200-ER is too expensive - I do - whilst also appreciating PMDG’s work. 

People are being too “black or white” in their thinking here.

For me:

- Have been flying the updated 200-LR all day. A great plane.

-  The 200-ER is cheap compared to some things, expensive compared to others. My simple approach is to ponder whether I could have more fun by spending $77.72 on a different P3D plane. Based on my flights today, I think the answer is “yes”, so I’ll be sticking to the 200-LR and -F for now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

12 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

All you who find it necessary to complain about the price , publically....

It's called an opinion.  Just because you may disagree with it doesn't automatically make it "complaining".

Im curious how much you all paid for your car.... you know the thing that depreciates as you drive it and you stupidly financed because you couldn't afford it.??

Irrelevant.

Or how much did you pay for that Xbox 10423455 ( or whatever the latest version is)??

Again, irrelevant.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The entire external model has been redone and PBR added. The VC will be redone in a another update later this year which will update this version, regardless of whether there will be a new 777 product.

Also, none of their products sell for $300+ (assuming you're referring to US dollars), not even the entire aircraft packages with expansions added on top. Without going into amounts of price increases, in general it's obvious that aircraft are more expensive these days since they are completely different beasts in terms of functionality and work than those back then. This is happening while development resources are more or less the same, with the exception of revenue per unit sold but that goes straight into financing the development of the now more costly units, so it doesn't even necessarily increase profit.

The visual model will be upgraded as part to the MSFS port; it certainly won't be free.  I suspect it will mimic thier 737 NGXu pricing strategy, which costs a $100 with a $50 upgrade path when released for MSFS.   If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate a link.

Concerning cost, I was not exclusively referring to the 777; that aircraft  cost $200+ fully upgraded; the 747 is near $300 with all it's components.  Again, this represents a substantial shift in costs, which far exceeds inflation cost, as it applies to software.

Your notion concerning the complexity of the aircraft is only compelling if you view it in a vacuum.  I agree todays planes are far more complicated; however, so are the IDE and SDK, which negates the argument.  To illustrate this notion, a AAA game today cost as much as it did a decade ago; consider MSFS...the base cost is the same today as when FSX was released 15 years ago ($59.99). Surely we can agree the former is far more complex than the latter.  There is no defense for a 200 to 300% price escalation; the fact  you're attempting to do so highlights PMDG's marking prowess...I congratulate them for thier business acumen.      

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Matt King

22 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

The visual model will be upgraded as part to the MSFS port; it certainly won't be free.  I suspect it will mimic thier 737 NGXu pricing strategy, which costs a $100 with a $50 upgrade path when released for MSFS.   If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate a link.   

So you make an assumption out of nowhere and request a link saying otherwise. How you know that it "certainly won't be for free" ? I could also ask for a link to believe you. 

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link