Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Money...  I can agree, but in P3D is used 3) 27" monitors...  the headset was about a wash to those.   

Dizzy,  yes, that is an issue for some.  Before I got mine I always figured that racing would be easy, and flight would cause motion sickness.  For me, it's proven to be the opposite.  I can fly all day, but racing the C7R Corvette... I can do for about 20 minutes.

Anyway, if you've never had the chance to do VR in MSFS2020, particularly with a good headset, give it a shot.  It will redefine immersion for you.

Still love this plane!  Off to fly it now.

Chock,  LOL,  I have had that experience reaching blindly when in the headset.  I learned to use plastic bottles with caps.....

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just use the C 172, and have for years with all my GA aircraft. 

Thanks, maybe I'll just do that then, take the 172 and modify the weights and stuff to get it close.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Dumb question.  How  do you turn on the GNS 430/530?  😜  I turn the on/off Comm volume control knob but no go.  The GPS 100 turns on, circuit breakers are in, other avionics are on,  Thanks. 

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Looks like a great plane, is there any FPS penalty compared to the default c172 classic

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Good video on autopilot for this aircraft.  

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

Dumb question.  How  do you turn on the GNS 430/530?  😜  I turn the on/off Comm volume control knob but no go.  The GPS 100 turns on, circuit breakers are in, other avionics are on,  Thanks. 

Bill

Answered my own question.  I had the 530 mod in the Community folder.  Removed the mod and all is well.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Been having a blast flying old school VOR to VOR style.

I use Little Navmap to work out a route and I print to a PDF the flight plan with frequencies, headings, VOR ranges, fuel burn, TOC and TOD, weather, preferred runways and many others.

Little Navmap is a great compliment to this plane.

• Like 1

Just got his aircraft and flew some touch and goes down in Key West.  Flies great. Text is a bit hard to read, as was mentioned by others, but other than that, nice aircraft. Took me awhile to locate the mixture lock.  

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is that 530 mod compatible with the WT and FBW stuff?  Right now I'm able to leave WT G1000/3000, TBM930 mod, FBW A32NX, and WT CJ4 all in together as they're compatible.  Just wondering if the 530 will conflict with any of them so I swap stuff out if needed.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

My thoughts after a short flight and 2 landings:

• Flight model seems very well tuned. (I highly recommend straight linear response curves for controls, it seems to be tuned with that in mind.  Stacking non-linear curves on top of this tuning might detract from the good work that has been done.)
  • Taxis easily.
  • Needs some right rudder on takeoff (expected due to P-factor) but once you get the hang of it it’s very controllable.
  • Trims very nicely for a constant climb rate or level flight. The trim behavior was so good that I did not use the 'convenience' click-spot alt hold (which the real aircraft doesn't have but JF has helpfully included, great decision) at all on my test flights. Many of the stock aircraft seem hard to trim (pitch unstable so they bounce back and forth a lot), this seems much more realistic.
  • Very stable in turns, doesn’t have the ‘shuddering’ that some of the stock Asobo aircraft has, holds a bank angle nicely through a turn.
  • Very very well behaved on short final, roundout, and flare. Comes in on final nicely with full flaps, drag seems well tuned. Responds well to changes in power to control descent rate. Easy to fly along 6 inches above runway for a little bit and really grease the landing. Great touchdowns the very first two times I landed it. It has a feeling of stability and inertia to it during landing that the stock aircraft don’t have.
    • A contender with the Turbo Bonanza mod for "awesomest feeling flare in a GA aircraft", which is saying a LOT.
    • Whoever tuned the elevator effectiveness vs speed on this flight model did an excellent job.  I know it takes many many many hours to tune a flight model in the sim to this level.
  • Stalls and spins seem well modeled. Without power it just mushes without a clean stall break which I’ve read is generally correct for a Piper. With some power you can get it to stall and drop a wing, but easy to recover from the spin.
  • The sounds seem well done. Stall horn especially has a nice sound to it. Switches, knobs, etc all have sounds that match what they are doing and give a nice tactile feeling.  The 'gear unsafe' warning is suitably annoying.

The one downside is I do think some of the interior textures could be improved a bit.  There is nothing super glaring in the ‘normal’ cockpit views, but for instance if you turn around behind you while maintaining the ‘default’ head position there is a knob in the ceiling which is indeed interact-able and has a very rough looking label on it, in the default zoom and head position, even without any 'pixel peeping'. Weighed against a flight model that put a huge smile on my face on the very first landing............I don't think it's a huge issue.

I haven't had a chance to play around too much with the avionics, hopefully over the weekend.

Can't wait for the two Turbo models 🙂

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 6

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I bought this tonight and and am looking forward to my first flight! Thank you all for your reviews and thoughts; they helped me make a decision, but I was most convinced by the engagement of Just Flight in the forum, their dedication and commitment to the product really came through.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

4 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

Answered my own question.  I had the 530 mod in the Community folder.  Removed the mod and all is well.

I can not get 530 to start either. I had 530 mod in community folder and deleted the one that suggested but I can not get 530 to start.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737