Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

42 minutes ago, wlix261 said:

The MSFS 2020 product dev and support is highly driven by the community feedback unlike previous sim platforms. All channels of communications are established, All we need to do to influence things we need is use those channels with concrete cases  to influence the support and dev outcome.

Do we have a perfect or near perfect product ? of course not. But the willingness and structure to get there seems to be in place.

The investment and support is also huge compared with anything we have seen before.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR

I do not share your optimism, Alvaro. I've been here since June 2019 and I have become increasingly doubtful in the recent weeks because of a gap between what Neuman says and what he does. The guy is the product head honcho, great to talk the talk but I do not see him walking the walk.  Much.

I regret to say that I came to think that they do not care much if at all  about the feedback of their customer base except when the roar of discontent is too intense and then they move their collective behind. They have set up a stage to amuse the audience with their ludicrous voting process.

The issue is not whether we have a perfect product. A perfect product doesn't exist, I know that much. Most of us are ready and eager to accompany the progress. The worry we have, at that time, is that we do not see any real progress since release, after three SU, and do not see anything moving in the right direction.  SU 4 will be interesting. SU3 was supposed to be the Garmin big update. Nada. SU4 should the turboprop big update. We'll see. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The worry we have, at that time, is that we do not see any real progress since release...

That's right--it's very hard to fully appreciate all of the work done under the hood.  Because it doesn't align well with things individuals here prioritize the assumption is there is no 'real' progress.  If only ANYONE in this entire forum really understood what's happening it might move the conversation into reality versus the pure conjecture here, presented as near fact.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's right--it's very hard to fully appreciate all of the work done under the hood.  Because it doesn't align well with things individuals here prioritize the assumption is there is no 'real' progress.  If only ANYONE in this entire forum really understood what's happening it might move the conversation into reality versus the pure conjecture here, presented as near fact.

And there lies the problem.  Only Asobo can answer this, but we currently have radio silence. 

The twitch sessions are great for their future ideas, but they do not reflect what is happening currently, and the goalposts constantly move anyway.  For instance, I thought we had been told they wanted to start beta testing releases to avoid the very issue we see at the moment, but that seems to have been shelved based on recent comments. 

Seriously, I would love to just have the sim back to how it was a few weeks ago - I would gladly swap the contrail and the old FSX paint schemes back for that. :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

And there lies the problem.  Only Asobo can answer this, but we currently have radio silence.

Then the real 'problem',  is allowing one's expectations about what ought to be prioritzed, dictate their reactions to actual reality.   Do they need to sooth the emotions of the addicted?  Clearly they don't seem to think so.  So what?  They have no obligation to keep me updated w/ every twist and turn so I don't freak out when 'progress' isn't what I think it ought to be.  I have to look at the big picture, and ignore the update by update foibles along the way.

They have a killer product that is flat out huge in scope.  I marvel at what it's already become compared to the 16 y/o product that is P3D.   I just spent 40 minutes setting up a flight in P3D only to have GSX II stumble and fail just prior to pushback, such that I could not proceed in FSCaptain to start my flight, so I had to reboot, and start all over, twice, until I moved gates, and that gate worked great last time up. 

A few updates back in MSFS it was Japan, and what they did w/ Japan was fabulous.  Gee, I wonder how much work that took, under the hood?  Heck that was out in plain site.   I was delighted to learn they added the lighting control for the TBM's G3000 displays in the recent update.

We can guess much of what they are doing w/ development has a lot to do w/ readying for console deployment, which I would think is what they feel might be a significant piece of their income stream to help keep the lights on.  I've read they have stated they are there for the 'hard-core' user, PMDG seems to believe it, so does FSDT as they have stated they are on board w/ GSX for MSFS.   

Everyone needs to relax and give this thing room to breath instead of the hysteria that appears after every update when expections aren't met.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Everyone needs to relax and give this thing room to breath instead of the hysteria that appears after every update when expections aren't met.

I don't think it is much to expect a sim that doesn't get broken after an update. The expectation is that the sim works. Hardly anybody is being unrealistic and expecting too much as you allude.

Edited by RICHUK
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Then the real 'problem',  is allowing one's expectations about what ought to be prioritzed, dictate their reactions to actual reality.   Do they need to sooth the emotions of the addicted?  Clearly they don't seem to think so.  So what?  They have no obligation to keep me updated w/ every twist and turn so I don't freak out when 'progress' isn't what I think it ought to be.  I have to look at the big picture, and ignore the update by update foibles along the way.......

A few updates back in MSFS it was Japan, and what they did w/ Japan was fabulous.  Gee, I wonder how much work that took, under the hood?  Heck that was out in plain site.   I was delighted to learn they added the lighting control for the TBM's G3000 displays in the recent update........  

Are we talking about the same things here Noel?   I am not on about future improvements or 'progress' and what is involved in that; I have almost zero expectations for that and will be grateful for whatever I get.

But, I had something good recently, and that something is now broken, and as a customer, I just want it unbroken. 
Without being too demanding or offensive, it is fair for me to ask 'what happened?', and 'when is it likely to be fixed?' 

I would expect at least some feedback. I would consider myself to be a soft touch if I don't enquire about things going wrong after paying good money for a product.  Are you saying I shouldn't, and just accept it?

Sheet happens and things go bad sometimes, that's life, but this is a simple enquiry, and I would expect a courteous answer from the company that sold me the product that was working well, but is now not very well.  It's not about 'soothing the emotions of the addicted' or wherever that came from, it is a simple enquiry about product status.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Are we talking about the same things here Noel?   I am not on about future improvements or 'progress' and what is involved in that; I have almost zero expectations for that and will be grateful for whatever I get.

But, I had something good recently, and that something is now broken, and as a customer, I just want it unbroken. 
Without being too demanding or offensive, it is fair for me to ask 'what happened?', and 'when is it likely to be fixed?' 

I would expect at least some feedback. I would consider myself to be a soft touch if I don't enquire about things going wrong after paying good money for a product.  Are you saying I shouldn't, and just accept it?

Sheet happens and things go bad sometimes, that's life, but this is a simple enquiry, and I would expect a courteous answer from the company that sold me the product that was working well, but is now not very well.  It's not about 'soothing the emotions of the addicted' or wherever that came from, it is a simple enquiry about product status.

This just in from Asobo Command Central:  "We're real busy with real big things.   We full well know there's an issue, in fact we acknowledged it already, days ago.  We don't have an answer right now because we don't know where the problem lies quite yet.  We're confident we will get to the bottom of it as soon as we can."

There, now you can sit back and wait for them for fix it, which they absolutely will.

• Like 1

Noel

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

This just in from Asobo Command Central:  "We're real busy with real big things.   We full well know there's an issue, in fact we acknowledged it already, days ago.  We don't have an answer right now because we don't know where the problem lies quite yet.  We're confident we will get to the bottom of it as soon as we can."

There, now you can sit back and wait for them for fix it, which they absolutely will.

Have you got a link to that announcement please?;

On 3/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, Maxis said:

Because that guy knows his way around hardware. (The CPU is de lidded) Which means the IHS (Integrated heat spreader) was removed and he was able to have better cooling (since its more direct on the actual core) and he is therefore able to ramp up the frequency of the cpu. De Lidding is not for the faint of heart btw. (Props to Seth if he did it himself). Added to the Strix 3090 (one of the best 3090's available) and probably a zero bloatware OS configured correctly he is able to extract the most from the sim.

Whoa......

I completely forgot that I had delidded my cpu. (Now that is absent minded!)

Anyway, I am also currently getting about 80+ Fps on High End settings. I was thinking of doing a video but... bleah.

On the other hand, I am also seeing the FPS drops, but when you are doing 80fps and all green, the fps drop only takes you down to about 50fps which is tolerable, if still unexplained.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Whoa......

I completely forgot that I had delidded my cpu. (Now that is absent minded!)

Anyway, I am also currently getting about 80+ Fps on High End settings. I was thinking of doing a video but... bleah.

On the other hand, I am also seeing the FPS drops, but when you are doing 80fps and all green, the fps drop only takes you down to about 50fps which is tolerable, if still unexplained.

This is exactly the point. In 1440p I have 50 to 60 fps (capped at 60) all over the world (in Rio or Tokyo it goes down to 45 or so). When I reach one of those fps drop areas, it goes down to maybe 35 and a slight micro stutter is detectable for a few seconds. I think, this is tolerable, but of course obviously a bug. In 4k it gets more pronounced and I start to swear. But usually I prefer the higher framerates of 1440p because it's always a much smoother experience. Most players probably won't even see this because they are not so concentrated on finding every slight stutter. Not everybody sees this as a game breaking thing. I certainly don't.

The 3 fps-areas are another thing. I only know this one Airport (Bishop or what was it?) where that happens and I had a flight somewhere in the mountains near Seattle, where that happened to. But that was only those two times.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, ADamiani said:

BTW: if you (and anyone else) try the situation I illustrated above: Florence, Italy, standard weather (not real) with a few clouds; CESSNA 172 steam gauges: depart toward the west and immediately turn north. Do you observe flashes in the scenery and stutters? All default: no addons at all.

T

I flew the XCub there as indicated by you. No flash but a stuttery experience.

I also did an arrival. Took off from one of my favorite Italian airports, Marina di Campo, and flew all the way to Florence. Smooth flight. A little stutter, not much but discernible, at very end on short final and taxi but nothing like before.

There is a problem in LIRQ.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The twitch sessions are great for their future ideas, but they do not reflect what is happening currently, and the goalposts constantly move anyway.  For instance, I thought we had been told they wanted to start beta testing releases to avoid the very issue we see at the moment, but that seems to have been shelved based on recent comments. 

Seriously, I would love to just have the sim back to how it was a few weeks ago - I would gladly swap the contrail and the old FSX paint schemes back for that. :smile:

Without beta testing updates, you know the next update will cause further problems, you can count on it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 3/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, Beeline90 said:

So where are the problem areas so people not having major pauses and stutters , including myself , can try them and report back ? 

Third paragraph in my post

Regards

Andrea

On 3/15/2021 at 6:12 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Why would this be an interesting piece of information? MSFS is trying to model the entire real world. There are bound to be large areas where this doesn't work as well as in others. 

Everybody wants to have their neck of the wood modeled perfectly. Go there where the scenery is good. 

Yesterday, I took off with the 787-10 from Seattle flying East - spectacular climb out over great-looking scenery. Looked just I remembered when I flew from Seattle to Europe. 

I don't torture myself spending time in an area that doesn't look good. Why would I?

Have you actually read my post?

I am not saying it doesn't LOOK good: it looks GREAT (I used to live there, so I know how it looks IRW.

What I am saying is that I see STUTTERS and FLASHES where I saw none of that for six months! I saw some spikes in terrain, but nothing else.

I can add that I live in Rome and I can actually see my windows, so it's pretty good. It used to be stutter free. Now there are stutters and I lost some fps. Same place, same aircraft, same weather, same everything.

So the question is: why do they keep breaking things?

Andrea

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Have you got a link to that announcement please?;

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/issue-performances-issues/379531

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310