Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Nextgen Bandeirante released.

34 minutes ago, filou said:

Thank you very much for the video.

The cockpit windows seem dark to me? Anyway looks much better  than the Virtualcol without any doubt... and how are the fps?

fps Inside cockpit are 30 with my system with all the settings on ultra and 4k resolution.

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Just now, Scimiter said:

fps Inside cockpit are 30 with my system

I have 35 fps inside the A320 FBW with my system.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

3 hours ago, stefaandk said:

price particularly in $AUD remains a higher investment than I'm willing too make, I just can't see myself liking it enough to really end up spending time with it which is a bigger problem than the price if I'm honest, even the virtualcol which I don't regret buying gets most of its flying time using AI pilots in AH2.

I agree, the price of entry is going to put people off. Visually this is far and away nicer in the VC than the Virtualcol Beech 99, but this thing is over triple that price. In the grand scheme of things, I guess thirty quid is not a fortune and if I personally had made this thing myself and had done the work, I might feel more of the justification in charging that amount for the efforts involved.

Taken in isolation, it's not terribly expensive, unfortunately, when we consider its price alongside the cost of other aeroplanes for MSFS, it becomes harder to justify, which might not be fair, but it is nevertheless the reality of things: The Aerosoft CRJ is a mere ten quid more than this, even at full price without any of the discounts many people qualify for the Just Flight PA28 Arrow III is over a tenner less, the AT Simulations P.149 is also almost a tenner less, all the Carenado GA aeroplanes for MSFS are similarly about ten quid less, and that 737 Max is over a tenner less than it.

With some tweaks, perhaps a stab at a working radar and a nice worn-looking military paint job, this thing will doubtless be a nice toy to play with, and it does have a place in Air Hauler which adds to the fun of course (in AH it costs £1,929,886 to buy and £244,986 to lease, carries 1772 cargo and has a 1,000 mile range), for those who have Air Hauler and are curious about its place in that.

32 minutes ago, filou said:

The cockpit windows seem dark to me? Anyway looks much better  than the Virtualcol without any doubt... and how are the fps?

Might just be the video, it was a bit grim weather-wise on that video and it could be my settings too - I literally just updated my ATI software for the GPU prior to making this video and I've yet to tweak things with that. FPS-wise it's no worse that any other add-on aeroplane.

If I was the developer, I'd drop the price by about six quid. It'd probably sell a lot more units at that price and make more money overall.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 3/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, stefaandk said:

The reality is that there is only that much time to fly the planes you want to fly, still love the Airbus and now the CRJ, and I barely spent enough time with the JF piper and spitfire which are both very polished.  Even now I'm starting to build up a hangar with planes that aren't being flown and there is certainly an argument to be made that mastering a plane is what makes it more and more fun the more you fly it.

Danger WIll Robinson!! Danger!!  (Robot arms flailing about.)

This is why, this time around, I am being exceedingly cautious with my aircraft purchases - I have bought 1 3rd party aircraft so far and barely fly it, as I am into the FBW A320 so much 

14 minutes ago, ray hughes said:

I have bought 1 3rd party aircraft so far and barely fly it, as I am into the FBW A320 so much 

True, although to be fair, this Next Gen offering is somewhat more unusual than most add-ons we've seen so far for MSFS and to be honest, at least a bit unusual for flight sims in general. There's been a lot of small single-engine GA prop planes, many of which were not that different from what was in the sim by default, but there's only been two stabs at twin turboprops - this and the Virtualcol Beech 99. 

Virtualcol's mantra has always been to make cheap and cheerful stuff which hits high frame rates, and they've done that with their Beech 99 which unsurprisingly doesn't go into massive detail in terms of systems simulation for the price, although visually its VC's overhead is perhaps a bit more cheap, and a lot less cheerful than some would like. However, even if one is happy to accept its somewhat spartan VC roof and jump in and go approach to systems simulation, which personally I don't mind that much, it is still a type which is not a million miles away from a type which is in MSFS by default.

So whilst I don't think the Next Gen Sim's EMB 110 is going to win first prize in the textures arena compared to some other offerings, and I also think it's a bit on the steep side price-wise, I must concede that it is at least reasonably complex in terms of systems, whilst offering something genuinely different from what comes in the box with MSFS.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Here is my analysis without mentioning the systems.

- Cockpit window too dark.

-Big difference of fps inside / outside

-Big difference of fps in comparison with A320 FBW

-Sound catastrophic.

6yh2VlU.jpg

zgUv2Tt.jpg

9KdE9yn.jpg

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Wow!  What has happened to the internal FPS in the EMB110?  The instruments aren't even showing in that view.  Is the windscreen wiper taking all the FPS?  😕

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The good news is that the developers are apparently looking into some bug fixes, possibly replacing some textures. At least this was implied on their Facebook page as "future updates" whatever that means.

Odd. I am not getting these lower FPS on this one. The CRJ is slightly lower and the FBW is barely lower. JF Arrow and TBM (mod) do okay. Only the modded Caravan has lower ish FPS.

I rather enjoy it. It's not the most visually stunning but it flies alright. Could hardly get it to stop on the ground after landing one time.

It's rather fun to set higher flaps and have a shorter take off. Not quite like the Twin Otter obviously but fun enough for slightly shorter runways. Did ok on ORBX OG20 in Oregon.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I've not been having any issues with FPS at all. I've even 'bought it' for my VA in Air Hauler, and I can tell you that any flight sim aeroplane I do that with has to be one which is not problematic. After years of playing Air Hauler, I know what a big mistake it is to add a dodgy airliner to your virtual hangar in Air Hauler, the worst example of which was having an L1011 crash on finals whilst on a cargo flight owing to dodgy handling, which cost my VA about about 100 million quid and really damaged my Air Hauler company's reputation badly too. Nothing makes it into my VA fleet now if it isn't up to snuff.

Alan Bradbury

Airworthiness certificate first given in 1972, production halted in 1990. On Dec 15, 2010, the Brazilian Air Force first flew an upgraded EMB 110 equipped with modern avionics equipment.

Product description: "Fully modernized avionics for better modern flight operations, including an easy-to-use autopilot system".

I don't want an old plane with new avionics. I want old planes to have old avionics and new planes to have new avionics. Won't settle for anything else.

3rd party aircraft are wrestling for my purchase, but I'm throwing Bandeirante out of the ring.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Well, if you insist on having an old banger and have this thing, you can shoehorn it into MSFS with a working VC, and it is full of minty biscuit goodness:

vSD7CLA.png

Or, if that's a bit too slow, this thing works as well:

X2sSupV.png

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

It's available in OnAir now too - and not expensive to buy, a lot less than the King Air, but it does need a co-pilot. 

I've only done one test flight so far and all went well, de-icing system worked, AP followed plan (didn't try an ILS approach).

I can't find an outside temperature display - have I missed it somewhere?

I also get the FPS drop in the cockpit although the sim remains smooth. Might see if a PC restart makes any difference later.

Edited by MorrisMinor

I can't seem to download a version from simmarket that doesnt have the woodpecker sound unless i zero out the gear lever on the Honeycomb Bravo. It all just seems bland, like that Aeroplane Heaven Sabreliner i bought earlier in the month and reviewed.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor