Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Orbx NZ Mesh released!

No Thanks. Got these promises in every other sim to enhance scenery and ended up spending  a lot of money  between  FSX and P3D.  Pilots Mesh, et all. And now these sims are in the rear view mirror. This scenery out of the box for MSFS looks fine to me, so no more will I go down that garden path known as add on mesh, scenery, airports, whatever.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, skipph said:

This scenery out of the box for MSFS looks fine to me

Meshwise that couldn't be farther from the truth.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, about the differing points of view on this...  If you don't want it and are happy with the default mesh, fine!  It is purely optional to buy it.  

Likewise, if you don't mind spending a few quid occasionally like me, just out of interest to see what it is like, fine also.  :smile:

There are too many arguments or disagreements between simmers on these type of things that are mainly subjective, and it is a waste of time and breath, especially when there is a payware A-4 Skyhawk out there that we can all agree on!  😆

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Have to agree, there is no right or wrong. I love payed addon airports some think its a waste of money. Each to there own. No right no wrong.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think there is no breatthaking difference so i don't belive it makes mutch sense..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Meshwise that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It depends on what you're doing.

For people only flying high altitude flights where you really don't need to see that kinda of detail it's mostly fine.

But yes, if you're doing low altitude sight seeing flights, it could be better.

But they're improving countries as they get to them (where possible)

Edited by Tuskin38

In MSFS 2020 I pretty much exclusively fly around New Zealand in GA at 3 - 9,000 feet or so, and only in VR. For me this add-on is the icing on the cake, and improves the graphics in a subtle but noticeable way. For me it's worth the money and I'm happy I bought it. If they can deliver on the LIDAR 1m promise then that would be incredible.

• Like 5

Airport elevations are my only concern. Historically, when you apply a "better" mesh than default, about 50% of airports are either on stilts or in a pit. 

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I think the history some many here coming from the default garbage coming out of FSX/P3D, and the dire need to improve it, they just have a hard time accepting the current doll really hardly needs dressed up at all.  Wake me up if someone does true Lidar grade mesh resolution on a per continent basis including all runways in affected areas I might consider jumping the gun.  I think Asobo will do it themselves as on no uncertain terms they are clearly dedicated to high grade scenery and visuals, of which mesh definitely is a part of that.  OTOH, only certain areas really need Lidar grade mesh.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Now we just need Orbx releasing a MFS TrueEarth scenery for where the Bing imagery is crappy and the circle will be closed. Looking back to the future. <sigh>.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It's the consumers money. They can spend it on whatever makes them happy. At least it is offered for those that want it. Offer it all 3rd party developers. We will decide if we want it or not. If we buy your product and it is good we will pass the word, we will also do so if it is really bad. Of course good and bad depends on the consumer too. Everyone thinks different. What's good for some is bad for others, and the other way around too.

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

We (people who thinks like me) are tired of addons, etc. We were exited for MSFS to be a sim with very little addons. Maybe some pro airliners or GA. From the ads, we were promised to have most of them natively. (such as weather, scenery, mesh, AI traffic, airports, ground services,atc, etc.working properly and developing by the time.)

Asobo/MS must do the improvements in house and we can get these with the updates. Of course, firstly the required updates of the sim, is needed. 

I mentioned this before and I can repeat again. I think, Asobo/MS have another priority (maybe XBOX or whatever) but they did not make the simple improvements that they they could do easiliy, where community modders (most of them are not professionals) did quite well (seasons, airport enhencements, etc...)

We are expecting Asobo/MS to pay more attention to the product they sold with promises.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

If I were to fly in NZ I would definitely buy this, I think it looks fantastic, the difference is huge in my eyes.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 minutes ago, kt069 said:

We are tired of addons, etc. We were exited for MSFS to be a sim with very little addons.

We does include me ...

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).