Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

39 minutes ago, w6kd said:

When I saw this I did have to check my calendar to see if transmitting into a mismatched antenna with my ham radio last night had accidentally opened up a wormhole in time-space that took me back to April 1st...or maybe even back to the release date of FS95 when Frankensteining a 4-engine default panel into a 2-engine model was something people might try.

Clearly there is no shortage of cheap vodka at CaptainSim HQ these days...

🤣🤣🤣

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I think I can kind of see why they included a basic 777 VC with 747 gauges. Back when they released the L1011 and 777 external models for FSX 2D cockpit's were still a thing, so it was easy to just get a simple free 2D panel from Avsim just to tide you over. Now with FS2020, there's no such thing as 2D panels so they had to include something. I don't necessarily agree with this practice and certainly hope its not something we see a lot of in the future.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is a terrible trend that I am not liking. bad aircraft reskin for 30$.

I think people forget that with all flight sims preceding this one, all aircrafts were of poor quality until several years past and a few developers brought out high fidelity aircrafts. Making high fidelity aircrafts is hard, expensive, requiring several years of coding. The lack of patience may be a sign of new, younger simmers not having historic memory. It's a hobby, it's a niche business, and most developers do it for the love--not the riches that their hard work brings. I don't have any regrets using the many FSX freeware that added to my fantasy and illusions rather than real working models. $20-30 dollars for "freeware", considering inflation, is a bargain. Of course, rather than complaining about the robber barons, don't buy it. Until the high fidelity aircrafts become the norm, I don't see anything wrong with some developers filling the gap--if they are honest about it. CS disclosed the fact that they are using default guages, so they are not misleading anyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chock said:

But beyond this, if people imagine MS would ever have considered making a new flight sim solely for the 37 people on Avsim who insist on the ammeter needle reading being millimetre accurate on the overhead and dropping .00001 amps when someone flushes the toilet in the cabin

...only to realize that they paid $160 for a plane with no cabin. 

I consider myself a pretty serious simmer (I'm kind of embarrassed to use the terms serious and simming in a sentence), I like to do preflight planning, go through the checklist, load up the charts, etc. In fact, I have never ever started a flight with the engines running at the runway. 

But I don't get triggered and bent out of shape, like some people, just because someone else wants to do Immelmanns with the 747.

Edited by Ricardo41

Just now, nyfirefly11 said:

Anyone else having issues with engine sounds? I have no engine sounds at all...

Look here there more..

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1621248952

cheers😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Say what you will about Captain Sim, I have to admit it’s a little refreshing to see a developer that actually understands that you don’t set pricing based on how much work went into the project.

Captain Sim has made some truly harebrained pricing decisions before (remember their insanely high 757 prices?), but I think they read the market exactly right this time. I still think it’s crazy other developers aren’t showing more hustle. There is massive demand for Boeing airliners in MSFS. Quality no object!

James

But it's not a 777. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

5 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Say what you will about Captain Sim, I have to admit it’s a little refreshing to see a developer that actually understands that you don’t set pricing based on how much work went into the project.

Captain Sim has made some truly harebrained pricing decisions before (remember their insanely high 757 prices?), but I think they read the market exactly right this time. I still think it’s crazy other developers aren’t showing more hustle. There is massive demand for Boeing airliners in MSFS. Quality no object!

James

Ummm .... slapping a 747 cockpit inside a 777 airplane ... yeah, quality was certainly no consideration here.  Like you said, pricing wasn't about the work here - it was nothing but a cash grab.  They should be ashamed for even putting this on the market.  I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyers.    

• Like 3

At this point the only model I take seriously in MSFS is the working title CJ4 mod which is absolutely amazing. Would consider the CRJ as it performs way better than in p3d, but it has serious throttle issues that need to be fixed in the meantime. As for this, I have no idea why Captain sim would even consider this. 

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

FBW A32NXC is also an outstanding aircraft.  Great example of what can be accomplished in this sim.  (and at least so far ... its free)

BIG MISTAKE!

I purchased this very poorly put together 777 today. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

As mentioned previously, the FMS still reports the B747-8i. The engine status and fuel pages on the EICAS report 4-engines! The FMS gives no stab trim setting information when setting up a flight plan. The LNAV and VNAV don't hold heading or altitude, respectively. They wobble left and right, up/down in flight. I suspect this may be a result of the extra two engines not being read as running, In flight the airplane YAWS to the LEFT (odd, since the phantom 2 dead engines are on the right...),

All-in-all, a VERY disappointing add-on for MSFS,

They should be refunding EVERYONE'S money for fielding such a poorly tested and performing aircraft!

Can't wait for PMDG's first MSFS aircraft! You know that'll be put through vigorous testing prior to launch!

Edited by Lindy1958
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lindy1958 said:

BIG MISTAKE!

I purchased this very poorly put together 777 today. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

As mentioned previously, the FMS still reports the B747-8i. The engine status and fuel pages on the EICAS report 4-engines! The FMS give no stab trim setting information when setting up a flight plan. The LNAV and VNAV don't hold heading or altitude, respectively. They wobble left and right, up/down in flight. I suspect this may be a result of the extra two engines not being read as running, In flight the airplane YAWS to the LEFT (odd, since the phantom 2 dead engines are on the right...),

All-in-all, a VERY disappointing add-on for MSFS,

They should be refunding EVERYONE'S money for fielding such a poorly tested and performing aircraft!

Can't wait for PMDGE's first MSFS aircraft! You know that'll be put through vigorous testing prior to launch!

That's strange as i just flew from Dalaman Turkey to EGLL, LNAv worked fine, also caught the IlS and landing was spot on.. as with others in the sim at the moment vnav does not.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

49 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

But it's not a 777. 

Yes it is, says 777 on the livery 🙂  It gets me how people get upset when people spend their money the was they choose. Tell all the 2 million plus simmers ( is that number true? ) they need to check in with the "Serious Simmers" before they make a purchase. According to them your not allowed to think for yourself and enjoy the sim the way you see fit. You have to ask them for permission first. I don't think so.

And curious how many Elvis types ( left the building ), will buy the PMDG MSFS products when they are released? I might, but not because someone told me too. I spend my money on what I want not anyone else. Also, glad to know that not one other sim sell's any low end or bad products from any developer. That's simply not true either. 

By the way, the "Serious Simmer" Hotline is 1-800-SNOBS. I apologize to those serious simmers that enjoy having fun too. And let people make up their own mind. You have a different phone number 1-800-HAVEFUN!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

9 hours ago, Chock said:

I'll have a 'One for the team' review later today.

God bless you.

• Like 1