Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

You know what?   This plane looks so word not allowed good, but I'm not ready to fly it I don't think.  I am in my 70's now and my idea of fun in MSFS is to load a flight plan in MSFS, start at a gate, ctrl-e the engines  (sometimes I do a simplified start)  whip it upto 2000 or so feet, snap on the autopilot,  watch the countryside and follow atc instructions on height, then about 1500 ft from the ground,  take over and manually land abd all this using OnAir for some context to the flights.  I have really limited add-ons..  in fact my add-ons are 5 airports and 4 planes and I am not going to start using things like Simbrief et al...  I don't even fly the FBW 320.. I use the default one, quite happily 🙂

I watched some of the videos and frankly, I am an old dog now just having fun,  but as I say.. it looks awesome and I am really happy for all of you that have been waiting for the first PDMG 🙂

Graham

How many did you watch of the tutorials becasue if you had you should see you can have your CP 9 (flight engineer) does everything apart from fly it. The CP (flight engineer) can make it just about fully automated if you wish and all you have to do is simply fly it. You can even click one button to be in a ready to taxi state. So as long as you can use a joy stick he can do the rest.

You can make it really hard work or as simple as it seems you like it.

Watch this and see. All "you" do here is sit back as he even does your throttles. All you need to do is rotate.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

How many did you watch of the tutorial becasue if you had you should see you can have your CO do everything apart from fly it. The CO can make it just about fully automated if you wish and all you have to do is simply fly it. You can even click one button to be in a ready to taxi state. So as long as you can use a joy stick he can do the reast.

You can make it really hard work or as simple as it seems you like it.

Watch this and see. All "you" do here is sit back as he even does your throttles. All you need to do is rotate.

The work they've done with the automated flight engineer and the video tutorials is very good. They've clearly given the problem of how do you introduce complex aircraft to people with little to no experience of them some very considered thought!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

17 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

If PMDG can make their study level airliners for MSFS, it's lights out for P3D and X-Plane. What left do P3D and X-Plane really have as an advantage over MSFS at that point?  Very little, IMO.

Depends what you want, I cannot enjoy flying without a persuasive ATC app, and I've only found one that works for me elsewhere, and it isn't able to work in MSFS. [Edit: Yet]  For anyone who doesn't use atc, or is happy with the default, I'd probably agree with you to an extent, but there will always be use cases like mine which are a bit more demanding.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Depends what you want, I cannot enjoy flying without a persuasive ATC app, and I've only found one that works for me elsewhere, and it isn't able to work in MSFS. [Edit: Yet]  For anyone who doesn't use atc, or is happy with the default, I'd probably agree with you to an extent, but there will always be use cases like mine which are a bit more demanding.

Man please, all the atc apps are trash. If you want atc fly on vatsim or pilot edge. Don't see how people who can't wait for a decent payware plane have the patience to deal with a computer atc

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Man please, all the atc apps are trash. If you want atc fly on vatsim or pilot edge. Don't see how people who can't wait for a decent payware plane have the patience to deal with a computer atc

Pilot edge only covers the western US, I don't fly there. Tried vatsim but the extremely patchy coverage didn't work for me.  There's only one app which provides correct procedural phraseology, fully UK CAP413 compliant and also directly controls AI.  ATC stuff is _hard_ to do and even harder to do accurately and well.

If Pilot Edge and Vatsim work for you, all power to you my friend, but I have learned from experience what does work for me.  At the moment it isn't sustainable in MSFS unfortunately.

I am waiting patiently for both payware aircraft and environment apps that meet my simulation needs, was your last comment directed towards someone else maybe? 🤔

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

After 34 pages of discussion, has anyone been able to figure out the exact release date of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS?

9 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

After 34 pages of discussion, has anyone been able to figure out the exact release date of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS?

Robert just said "June"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

19 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

What left do P3D and X-Plane really have as an advantage over MSFS at that point?  Very little, IMO.

AI Traffic with realistic models and repaints? More or less realistic ATC addons? Weather addons capable of displaying true real time weather or historic weather? Particle effects? 

Especially the AI traffic is still holding me back to perform IFR tubeliner flying regularly in MSFS, glad this will come some day...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I wonder if you and everyone else here can understand this. Or what I am saying? Without saying it. 😉 (Clue, its not you) but there is always at least one. 😑

Fly+in+soup.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I wonder if you and everyone else here can understand this. Or what I am saying? Without saying it. 😉 (Clue, its not you) but there is always at least one. 😑

Fly+in+soup.jpg

There's a troll holding a spoon? 🤣🤣

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

I remember being pleasantly surprised how easy the DC-6 was to fly in P3D because as mentioned upthread, the included flight engineer is very good at his job.  I’m looking forward to getting into the DC-6 and doing some retro flying (or modern flying in Alaska 🙂 ) with the help of my trusted FE.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

But you don't make up a majority of the market though.  A few minor cases like you is not going to change the flight sim market.  Just like a few odd holdouts of Blackberry who were super loyal to Blackberry never saved Blackberry from IPhone.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

P3D and X-Plane won't become obsolete in the sense that there are no players using them. Even FSX still has players using it today.  However, some of us are saying P3D and X-Plane will become obsolete with respect to new products from 3rd party developers.  At a certain point, 3rd party developers will stop making new products for a certain platform because they aren't generating enough of a profit from it.  Just like almost no 3rd party developers are making new products for FSX today.

It appears that P3D is already headed in this direction as droves of 3rd party developers have either stopped making new products for P3D, or have marginalized/deprioritized products for P3D. 

It always easy to lump X-plane in the same category as with PD3 just because it is a legacy simulator. However, X-plane is still in a separate category than with PD3. PD3 market share party more in common with MSFS than with X-plane.

PD3 like MSFS is only on the Windows platform whereas X-plane is on 4 platforms, Windows, MAC, Linux and mobile. (Although MSFS will be on Xbox soon)

They may not be the larger than MSFS but they don’t have to be in order from them to exist. And they are not going anywhere because MSFS does not compete on those platforms where they have little desire to run Windows 10.

Therefore, I see more of a shift from PD3 users than with X-plane due to marketing techniques incentives like discounts of aircraft and utilities than tend to work with both than with X-plane.

Aerosoft knows these which is why they said they will keep selling scenery addon for X-plane because people are still buying them.  

Other developers who are traditionally make addons for X-plane will continue to do so and long as people continue to buy which flows in those Windows and non-Window markets. 

As far the obsolesces statements that keeps getting thrown around, X-plane is still in development and is evolving. So is something for that side of the fence to looking forward to in spite what MSFS has to show today.

As far as PMDG, the community is never losing sleep over what they decide since many are running the Zebo mod and are happy with it while enjoying the improvements. I don’t see that changing to end up spending money for the privileges of flying a 737 of any kind.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

Perhaps you would like to explain clearly to me how someone like me, who is registered deaf, but still has slight hearing and medically cannot use headphones can use Vatsim or PilotEdge?

Graham

• Like 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.