Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

10 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

How someone like me, who is registered deaf, but still has slight hearing and medically cannot use headphones can use Vatsim or PilotEdge?

I believe there are technologies available right now but they are not (yet?) exploiting them. It would be great they officially comment on this: are they good enough? do they plan to? are they already experimenting these?

What can I say...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/proper-radio-communications-in-multiplayer/206489/130?u=cptlucky8

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

9 minutes ago, RXP said:

I believe there are technologies available right now but they are not (yet?) exploiting them. It would be great they officially comment on this: are they good enough? do they plan to? are they already experimenting these?

What can I say...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/proper-radio-communications-in-multiplayer/206489/130?u=cptlucky8

HI..  yes am aware of that technology.  In the old days of FSX I used to use a program called it's your plane which was voice activated and could translate audible sounds to text on the screen...  it was ac tually awesome and well ahead of it's time.

I'm watching many technologies but for now.. none of them are actually suitable for things like Vatsim and PilotEdge where there are many different voice styles from real people all being interpreted at the same time 🙂

So for now.. it's still awaiting a decent program...  currently am trying to get used to Pilot2ATC  🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

But you don't make up a majority of the market though.  A few minor cases like you is not going to change the flight sim market.  Just like a few odd holdouts of Blackberry who were super loyal to Blackberry never saved Blackberry from IPhone.

That's fine, I don't expect the market to change for me, I know the way I use my sim means I'm an outlier.  I really don't understand what your second sentence means, I'm not defending or promoting anything, I am patiently waiting for choices to open up for me.  Just because Im not evangelising about MSFS doesn't make me a second class citizen you know 😛, it just means it doesn't work for me right now, but I can see signs of it getting closer 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I know the way I use my sim means I'm an outlier

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I am patiently waiting

Hey now.   This is way too rational and level-headed.  Who let you on the internet?  😄

I've held off on the DC-6 for the previous sims.

But for MSFS, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on her ample nacelles. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Perhaps you would like to explain clearly to me how someone like me, who is registered deaf, but still has slight hearing and medically cannot use headphones can use Vatsim or PilotEdge?

Graham

VATSIM and IVAO accept ATC using text. 

• Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Perhaps you would like to explain clearly to me how someone like me, who is registered deaf, but still has slight hearing and medically cannot use headphones can use Vatsim or PilotEdge?

Graham

You can txt on vatsim, you probably can on pilot edge too but I'm not sure. 

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

I remember being pleasantly surprised how easy the DC-6 was to fly in P3D because as mentioned upthread, the included flight engineer is very good at his job

Could you tell me if this flight engineer aka FE AI can be totally disabled so that the user could forcefully increase the workload during the flight, making it more challenging? I never bought/used PMDG DC-6 for p3d/xp.

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

You can txt on vatsim, you probably can on pilot edge too but I'm not sure. 

yes you can.  put a RMK in your flight plane that you have an hearing impediment. They will accommodate anyway they can.

• Like 1

Just now, EvidencePlz said:

Could you tell me if this flight engineer aka FE AI can be totally disabled so that the user could forcefully increase the workload during the flight, making it more challenging? I never bought/used PMDG DC-6 for p3d/xp.

yes. You can have it all off or on. or individual portion of the checklist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes. You can have it all off or on. or individual portion of the checklist.

Fantastic! Thank you. Finally an aircraft that would change my MSFS 2020 experience from that of a Super Mario Nintendo video game to an actual, challenging "flight" simulation one. Now all they gotta do is release the beast! 😆

• Upvote 1

RSR says ~ 2-3 weeks. so sooner than you think

• Like 1

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 5/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, ashepherd316 said:

the only one i want is the 747

On 5/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, Car147 said:

Really looking forward to the 737, 747. and 777. DC 6 will be my first PMDG,

The 737 will be my first PMDG purchase one day.

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Looks like a very nice update to the previous FSX/P3D aircraft.  Personally I will pass, just because I didn't fly it very much in FSX or P3D and suspect that will not change in MSFS, even though it is perfect for the MSFS scenery.  Looking forward to the other PMDG fleet when its ready.

• Like 4

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000