Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

LM's silence

P3D is still the only goto sim for flying the pinnacle of Tubeliners.

FSL

PMDG tubeliners

MadDog

Q400

All with GSX

ProATC is also Great.

No other sim for that type of flying comes close. P3D is far from dead.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Why should LM communicate? To keep users motivated to stay with P3D? That does not seem to matter for them.

for every 1 dollar simmers spend at Locheed Martin,the military probably spends $100,000 or more.  

https://news.lockheedmartin.com/2021-01-26-Lockheed-Martin-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2020-Results

just to give an idea, what we are looking at.  65.4 Billion,  not million but  65 BILLION.  

- Net sales of $17.0 billion in the fourth quarter and $65.4 billion in 2020
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $1.8 billion, or $6.38 per share, in the fourth quarter and $6.9 billion, or $24.50 per share, in 2020

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

The MSFS camera system has a lot of room for improvement, compared to addons like Chaseplane. The whole UI setup with huge icons right in the middle of the screen, could also use an overhaul.

MSFS looks great when you are up in the air, as you are looking down at satellite imagery. Aside from that, its really not all that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

for every 1 dollar simmers spend at Locheed Martin,the military probably spends $100,000 or more.  

https://news.lockheedmartin.com/2021-01-26-Lockheed-Martin-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2020-Results

just to give an idea, what we are looking at.  65.4 Billion,  not million but  65 BILLION.  

- Net sales of $17.0 billion in the fourth quarter and $65.4 billion in 2020
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $1.8 billion, or $6.38 per share, in the fourth quarter and $6.9 billion, or $24.50 per share, in 2020

Yeah but the argument doesn’t necessarily matter. Apply your same logic to how much revenue Microsoft derives from msfs compared to the rest of the portfolio. My point is, flight simulators are not really big for these kind of companies 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not recall LM ever preannouncing "what's coming" so why is it an ISSUE now?

I would say:

The question arises since there is a new player on the market that is doing better communication.

That being said, P3D is still my goto sim for at least 1-2 years 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -

13 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Wait what, so you know most of these add-ones are coming to MSFS eventually and obviously you are one of the hardcore MSFS simmers as I always see you very active in MSFS official fourms and you went ahead and poured thousands on P3D add-ones? I mean I get it you have no financial issues but, I don't know, it feels wrong to me 😅

Yeah, I didn't want to wait for them to come to MSFS, so I invested into them on P3D in the meantime. There is also FSLabs, which... may not ever come to MSFS. I think they are the only ones holding out though. Nothing wrong with it - I love P3D and what it can offer. Things like RealTurb and EZDok cameras are unfortunately P3D exclusive items. 

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

I would say:

The question arises since there is a new player on the market that is doing better communication.

I am pretty sure that LM sees MSFS as being in a different market.. something to consider 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am not sure that LM sees MSFS as being in the same market.. something to consider 😉

they do see any competetion in the world id imagine, they are the biggest contractor in the world,  Im sure they dont care about teenargers and pensioners flying the  fsl, tolis, ms2020 NEO etc etc.  we are less than chicken feed to what their other commitments are.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

20 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Can this old engine despite the patches live up to the requirements of this new era?

Lets not forget that this "Old" engine is still being used, at least partially, in MSFS.  I believe that the "old" ESP platform is the single biggest impediment to P3D.  That is not to forget the incredible strides still being made by P3D.

In the same way that third party developers have made P3D the incredible platform it is today, MSFS will eventually gain that same impetus, and in doing so, will just get better and better. They just do not need 3PDs as much in the interim.

Let us not forget either, that both P3D and XPlane have done a magnificent job whilst we were waiting for MSFS to eventuate.  I am just incredibly grateful for their contribution thus far and will continue to support them as much as I can both financially in my very limited fashion, and in these public forums.

Strangely, I look at it from this way, just because YOU grow out of nappies, they are still there and available for others who need or want them. 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

.....another possibility to consider? 

LM Management, may be, or have been, investigating MSFS, or even negotiating a deal with Asobo/Microsoft, to adopt a "Commercial" version of MSFS? Given this situation, they may be giving pause to current development of P3D V5, to have their entire S/W development team to consider this opportunity from a technical standpoint? As a consequence, no P3D v5.3 update!!!

LM may see that MSFS will be a better longer term technological fit for their business model going forward. The sticking point will be, if they would be able to buy/lease the "source code," to make the necessary code changes for their commercial customers, which may exclude all of us P3D users.

Just saying....

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am pretty sure that LM sees MSFS as being in a different market.. something to consider 😉

Sure, I agree with you if we consider the LM's perspective.

However in this case, it is a simmer (the OP) who raises the point. And from a simmer point of view, there is indeed a new player on the flightsimming market who is doing better communication than the old one.

- TONY -

Either way, I feel cheated by both.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

31 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

they do see any competetion in the world id imagine, they are the biggest contractor in the world,  Im sure they dont care about teenargers and pensioners flying the  fsl, tolis, ms2020 NEO etc etc.  we are less than chicken feed to what their other commitments are.

But their beta testers are coming from our community here and our 3rd party developers.

And there is a beta testers forum too.

So saleswise we are small for them but our opinion and 3rd party developers have a lot of worth for them....

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Most stuff mentioned in this thread will be fixed quickly by Microsoft or third party developers. P3D will have trouble keeping up.. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

we are less than chicken feed to what their other commitments are.

While that may be true, that is not the point. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert