Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

One Sim To Rule Them All

On 6/5/2021 at 2:09 AM, abrams_tank said:

Also, a large chunk of players play MSFS through Windows Store and not Steam.  I don’t have the numbers, but my guess is, maybe 1/2 of MSFS players use Windows Store.

Does anybody know what percentage of X-Plane players launch it without going through Steam?

I suspect far more than half use the Windows Store version, for two reasons: 1) It's required to access the sim via Game Pass, and 2) It was also required for alpha testing, and until recently for beta testing updates.

It is incredible, isn't it? No previous sim has given me as much of a feeling of really flying, or as much of a buzz, as this one. That said, I have dusted of P3D again after over a year of considering it dead to me. I now find having both installed makes me appreciate the other one more -  flying the A32NX really makes me love the FSLabs buses more the next time I fly them, and flying the FSLabs buses (or anything in P3D) makes me appreciate the MSFS environment that more the next time I fly in it. I think the arrival of a PMDG long-hauler in MSFS will be the final death knell for P3D in my house. 

• Like 10

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

1 hour ago, mrfilbert said:

I think the arrival of a PMDG long-hauler in MSFS will be the final death knell for P3D in my house. 

Have there been any rumours or information about a possible future version of P3D? Or are they just accepting the state of things as they stand now?

3 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

It is incredible, isn't it? No previous sim has given me as much of a feeling of really flying, or as much of a buzz, as this one. That said, I have dusted of P3D again after over a year of considering it dead to me. I now find having both installed makes me appreciate the other one more -  flying the A32NX really makes me love the FSLabs buses more the next time I fly them, and flying the FSLabs buses (or anything in P3D) makes me appreciate the MSFS environment that more the next time I fly in it. I think the arrival of a PMDG long-hauler in MSFS will be the final death knell for P3D in my house. 

I have been flying P3D for over a week while my new PC is being repaired. What a dismal experience. After I take off, there is nothing to look at except the flight deck. The scenery is repetitive, and totally boring. The one upside, and I am flying an early version, P3D 3.5, is that it is totally stable. No crashes, no CTDs, no screen freezes, etc, it just works. But the reality it is based on a almost 20 year old program, it should be stable. I have been watching videos on the MSFS Light by Wire A 320, and can't wait until I can fly that aircraft. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I'm with you.

MSFS is beautiful! The freeware airport enhancements and other mods keeps me coming back daily. Every time I load XP, I'm hopeful that one day MSFS can achieve the kind of smoothness. I'm also grateful that I have two amazing choices.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

XPlane: stringy vegan food, probably good for you.

P3D: mushy vegetarian

MSFS: plenty of issues 9 months after release, but in about a year it'll be perfectly marinated Jerk chicken, grilled to perfection.😄

• Like 3

Well coming  from FSX to MSFS I never invested any money in P3D as in IMO was an over blown version of FSX and licensed for users for the the military/study license it was never intended for the entertainment purpose that we do as commercial and entertainment. LM P3D users need to get a reality check you are not the base of that platform. FS Labs states on their bottom page is that they bring the highest fidelity Airbus to the desktop but don't take this seriously its for entertainment ant not real live.

As far as X-Plane if Austin said the earth was flat the minnionions would believe that.

Edited by jbdbow1970

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

but don't take this seriously its for entertainment ant not real live.

Which FSLabs also clearly state near the bottom of the A320-X product page:

"For entertainment purposes only."

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

26 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Which FSLabs also clearly state near the bottom of the A320-X product page:

"For entertainment purposes only."

Did they finally clear out my exe file from 2018

• Like 1