Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

One Sim To Rule Them All

Yea I know that it is a hooky title but of all the sims I played since 1983, MSFS is the one that I've had the most fun in (except for "Chuck Yeagers Air Combat")

Not trying to start a fight here but to express my gratitude to MS / ASOBO.

Cheers and stay steady on that yoke.

bs 

• Like 26
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Yea I know that it is a hooky title but of all the sims I played since 1983, MSFS is the one that I've had the most fun in (except for "Chuck Yeagers Air Combat")

bs 

Seconded.

Started in 1995 . stopped in 2008 .. back now  again since the release of MSFS and I never thought that in my lifetime would have this kind of experience.

• Like 10

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

No fight here.  I couldn't agree more.  This is the first version that I've actually put forth effort in actually learning the aircraft systems.  

• Like 5

Today I had an awakening.

Casa de Campo

moaFO1r.png

Just like I remember it when I was a DJ at Genesis Disco.

• Like 12

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Been simming since the late 80's. MSFS 2020 is by far the best I have ever seen. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 10

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Agreed.

Hard to believe it’s come here from the white lines on a green and blue flat plane that represented Meigs Field on my Commodore 64.

• Like 12

I'm flying from Santa Barbara to Sun Valley with live traffic / weather right now in the Daher with Mods.  Gawd it is amazing.

Cheers

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I'm flying from Santa Barbara to Sun Valley with live traffic / weather right now in the Daher with Mods.  Gawd it is amazing.

Cheers

bs

Indeed, I bought KSBA last week on sale and have been flying in and out all week. Agree, total gorgeousness, and this has been exclusively in the new turbo Arrow. Some of the best flights of my 227 hours in MSFS. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

Indeed, I bought KSBA last week on sale and have been flying in and out all week. Agree, total gorgeousness, and this has been exclusively in the new turbo Arrow. Some of the best flights of my 227 hours in MSFS. 

ORBX KSBA is the first scenery I bought for MSFS.  I got a feeling I'll be dropping a few bills on scenery over time but scarfing up the good free stuff also.

Cheers

bs

Just now, bean_sprout said:

ORBX KSBA is the first scenery I bought for MSFS.  I got a feeling I'll be dropping a few bills on scenery over time but scarfing up the good free stuff also.

Cheers

bs

So far the only scenery I have purchased was Key West Airport. The default looks pretty good to me. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So far the only scenery I have purchased was Key West Airport. The default looks pretty good to me. 

Only scenery I’ve purchased is my local airport, EGNT. Because I know what it looks like. Anything else, the default works super. If someone does a good KLAX I’ll probably get that too, only because I know what that one looks like too as I know the place like the back of my hand…… 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

bs 

I resemble that remark! LOL.

Okay, I have a love hate thing going on with MSFS right now. When it's firing on all cylinders, it's a thing of beauty. It's ruined every other sim for me. I just can't be bothered flying P3D any more and I haven't fired up X-PLANE for months.

But... so many stupid performance problems plague me that I leave it for days or weeks hoping each time that the latest release will finally address the issues that urk me. So far I keep getting let down. 

I'm afraid MSFS has destroyed simming for me.

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

bs 

Why would appreciating MSFS start a fight?

I generally stay away from the tubeliner airports and prefer the municipals.  My old hometown looks great as a default one.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

1 minute ago, Tierborn said:

Why would appreciating MSFS start a fight?

Don't go there dude.  LOL

bs