Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 10th, 2021 - Development Update

I have one wish only regarding this merging thing, not to have a humongous file to download.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I find it very interesting to see how other people are reacting to MSFS.  There are people out there, I believe, who have not even bothered with MSFS and have remained faithful to P3D or XPlane or indeed, both. 

Some of these people have not even tried MSFS but trash it anyway!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Some of these people have not even tried MSFS

Quite a conclusion there....  and I seriously doubt that to be the case.  The promise is there.  And likely those who are not currently satisfied are looking forward to brighter days toward seeing it meet their own personal expectations.  Note I said likely.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

18 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Quite a conclusion there....  and I seriously doubt that to be the case.  The promise is there.  And likely those who are not currently satisfied are looking forward to brighter days toward seeing it meet their own personal expectations.  Note I said likely.....

I know it for a fact, because at least one such individual has admitted as much. He bases all his info on negative posts he reads in the MSFS forums.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I know it for a fact, because at least one such individual has admitted as much. He bases all his info on negative posts he reads in the MSFS forums.

Then perhaps say "one"?  
I am around here pretty darn often and have not picked up on any so far.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Then perhaps say "one"?  
I am around here pretty darn often and have not picked up on any so far.

He operates mainly in a different forum --a well-known one. But I haven't seen anything from him in the last few weeks. I think he may have been banned for a while (not sure about that) after an extensive and testy thread that went on for days. More recently, there is a different guy who has been warning of the dangers of add-ons, but admits he has never used any!  So, believe it or not, this stuff happens.

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

fppilot,

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I personally know of three simmers who are well aware of MSFS and have not indulged due to the rabid publicity regarding bugs and installation problems when first released. They have indicated that they are on the verge and one actually signed up yesterday after a VR session with me the day before. 

I will readily admit that non users who know about MSFS are few and far between and that is a shrinking list I would guess,  They are out there however, in my opinion.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi.  I am one of those who will surely get MSFS, but I am waiting for it to more closely meet the expectations I had for it based on the publicity.  I'm at the stage I don't want to be trouble-shooting all the time.  When I first heard about MSFS and its supposed 5-year or so previous development time, I was excited that we would finally have a sim that we could load up out-of-the-box and at least all of the basics (flight model, weather, ATC, navigation, etc.) would be working properly.  That, sadly, has not been the case.  So, I am waiting for it to at least come close to that point before i purchase it.  In the meantime I use P3D and XP, even though I understand the graphics aren't as good.

Jeff

Edited by JNS
  • Like 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I understand your reluctance, given all the negative vibes and airing of problems with MSFS that you have been reading about. But let me just say two things, for what it's worth. The first is that I personally have had a great time with MSFS over the last nine months, mostly exploring the world in VFR with its incredibly immersive scenery and weather, and also to some extent in IFR flying airliners. My problems with MSFS have been only minor, and correctable. The other point is simply to note that in practically any forum dedicated to a product --- and MSFS is no exception --- the complaints will be disproportionately represented. It's just in the nature of things; folks who are happy with the product are understandably less motivated to post messages than those who are not.

I am glad I chose to jump on board in September when MSFS launched, its shortcomings notwithstanding, because I would have missed out on so much fun the last 9 months otherwise.Just my 2.5 cents worth (adjusted for inflation).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JNS said:

I am one of those who will surely get MSFS, but I am waiting for it to more closely meet the expectations I had for it based on the publicity.

As long as you can live with the lack of comprehensive avionics, you can actually have a great time!

You will not be troubleshooting but flying!  😉

I still have P3D installed, but use it less and less.

Bert

Thanks for your comments, Bert and Cobalt. I'll probably be jumping in sooner than later.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

On 6/10/2021 at 6:15 PM, himmelhorse said:

I find it very interesting to see how other people are reacting to MSFS.  There are people out there, I believe, who have not even bothered with MSFS and have remained faithful to P3D or XPlane or indeed, both.  We are all very different flavours of Vegemite I guess.

For sure, we all have different tastes in flight simming. Right now I'm flying MSFS very infrequently as a sightseeing sim, because it doesn't yet have enough of the type of aircraft I'm interested in. Mainly vintage radial engine planes, turboprops with better engine modeling, and helicopters. 

That's what keeps me flying more hours in X-Plane for now, but it could change depending on what's in the pipeline for both MSFS and XP.

MSFS is an astounding achievement in modeling the external world, but weather and flight + systems modeling doesn't yet live up to the quality of the world modeling for me. And it's taking much longer than I thought it would, to see a wider variety of high quality payware aircraft models of the type I'm interested in.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 hours ago, Paraffin said:

For sure, we all have different tastes in flight simming. Right now I'm flying MSFS very infrequently as a sightseeing sim, because it doesn't yet have enough of the type of aircraft I'm interested in. Mainly vintage radial engine planes, turboprops with better engine modeling, and helicopters. 

That's what keeps me flying more hours in X-Plane for now, but it could change depending on what's in the pipeline for both MSFS and XP.

MSFS is an astounding achievement in modeling the external world, but weather and flight + systems modeling doesn't yet live up to the quality of the world modeling for me. And it's taking much longer than I thought it would, to see a wider variety of high quality payware aircraft models of the type I'm interested in.

Surprised by your last sentence, because it honestly seems like 3PD aircraft are moving a lot quicker than I expected, with outfits like PMDG now expecting to ship two planes for MSFS by the end of the year.  This time six months ago you had some people declaring that we'd be lucky to see a PMDG tubeliner before the end of 2022.

Not to take away from the rest of your post though, which I think is a perfectly reasonable stance.  Some people will swear by P3D or XP till the day the die, but others are just waiting for a few things to reach maturity, or for INSERT ADD-ONS HERE to get to the sim first - makes sense.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:11 AM, JNS said:

I'm at the stage I don't want to be trouble-shooting all the time. 

Not had a single day of trouble shooting personally. Sim runs better that it has a right to do on my ageing system. So much so that I am in no rush to upgrade my PC.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Not had a single day of trouble shooting personally. Sim runs better that it has a right to do on my ageing system. So much so that I am in no rush to upgrade my PC.

Thanks for your comment, Greg.  I think I will be getting MSFS in the very near future. Getting back into simming after being off for about a year and half.  I had new computer built and will be installing P3D, XP, MSFS, and lots of scenery.  So, I'll be busy for a while.  LOL

• Like 1

Jeff Smith