Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 10th, 2021 - Development Update

JUNE 10TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Parorng.jpeg

Screenshot by Parorng

World Update V: Nordics will be available for download next Thursday, June 17th! We hope you enjoy this free update full of new points of interests and airports throughout Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Iceland.

We don’t have any updates to share yet regarding the next flighting opportunity, but stay tuned!

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

aj35h.jpgbhhji2.jpgcj2h3h.jpgdj24h.jpgejh6j6.jpg

SDK UPDATE

• General
    • The new SDK DevSupport platform is now live! Create your account on https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com, make sure to take a look at the guidelines, and then you can start exploring all the ideas, questions, and answers shared by the community! This space is 100% dedicated to the SDK, so no other topics will be discussed here.
    • Save the date: the 2nd SDK live Q&A session will take place on Wednesday, June 16th. This time, we will focus on the Scenery Editor! You can post any questions related to this Editor on the dedicated forum thread here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sdk-q-a-scenery-editor-questions/406757.
  • Dev Mode
    • In the Project Editor:
      • We improved messaging in the Project Editor to ensure users are following the flow that corresponds to their needs and they do not tamper with the generated package after its generation.
    • In the Marketplace Data Editor:
      • We now make sure that an empty support contact field returns a warning instead of an error.
    • We fixed corrupted asset group paths when creating a VFX library.
    • In the Scenery Editor:
      • We fixed an issue that made polygons with errors disappear from the shapefiles.
      • We also improved the tree structure.
      • When using the filter, objects that match the filter will now open the hierarchy up to them.
      • The Show Error and Show Warning buttons now select the object and center the camera on it.

3RD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 06/05, we have now approved 197 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 98 (+3) have released 409 products (+7).
  • In total, 1,039 products (+19) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 350 products (+7) from 3rd party developers are in production (217 announced, 133 unannounced). In total, over 1,389 3rd party products (+26) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 874 airports (+20) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 659 airports (+15) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 343 airports (+6) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 103 airports (+5) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 112 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 163 aircraft (+2) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 46 aircraft (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 26 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 96 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 21 aircraft (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 315 sceneries (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 297 sceneries (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 25 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 18 sceneries (+2) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 37 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 37 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

MARKETPLACE

Today there are 26 new products and 5 updated products in the Marketplace.

26 NEW PRODUCTS

image038.png

image001-1.png

image002-1.png

image003.png

image004.png

image005.png

image006.png

image007.png

image008.png

image009.png

image010.png

image011.png

image012.png

image013.png

image014.png

image015.png

image016.png

image017.png

image018.png

image019.png

image020.png

image021.png

image022.png

image023.png

image024.png

image025.png

5 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image026.png

image027.png

image028.png

image029.png

image030.png

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

Check out our upcoming streams! Follow our Twitch channel here.

twitch-schedule-6.10-1.png

COMMUNITY VIDEO

Have you tried out the Sirena Station Landing Challenge in the sim? Check out the IRL version!

FEATURED FREEWARE MOD

Check our Orbx’s brand new free scenery mod: Taipei Xinyi District Mod featuring 18 landmarks including Taipei 101, Taipei World Trade Center, and more – Best experienced on a GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU for beautiful visuals and maximum performance.

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “Backcountry“. The winner is featured above. Below are our runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Jewels of Asia

Last challenge’s Finalists:

Filippo20032222-1.jpeg

Screenshot by Filippo20032222

forzakingfam-1-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by forzakingfam

Perretoso-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by Perretoso

ALLFUNTHINGS.jpeg

Screenshot by ALLFUNTHINGS

canuck695.jpeg

Screenshot by canuck695

NightVibes06.jpeg

Screenshot by NightVibes06

IsakWold.jpeg

Screenshot by IsakWold

MistyEagle3385.jpeg

Screenshot by MistyEagle3385

TastingDevotee7-1.jpeg

Screenshot by TastingDevotee7

z32ands30-1.jpeg

Screenshot by z32ands30

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 6.17

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 10

Glitz and promises!  Personally spending about an hour a day accumulating mods and addon for this MSFS.  So still hopeful.  Still more hours per week doing that than flying it.  Appears they have locked out 3rd party weather and 3rd party trainer based avionics with associate navdata.  Those are the core of my flying endeavors.  And so I look to the future for flights in live conditions, and fly MSFS for eye-candy pleasure.  That's fine.  But now almost 9 months into this.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On the other hand, i am really enjoying it, and it seems to be improving all the time.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

🌲🌲🌲

572551C7-4E66-49DB-BEC6-8F4390BA6721.gif

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The list of things appears to be getting bigger and bigger with no end in sight. I wonder why this update was so small, they must be busy behind the scenes! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

they must be busy behind the scenes! 

The X Factor

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Nordic time a week early, thank you Asobo! Now about that XBox DirectX 12 rumor...;-)

Darryl

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The X Factor

You are spot on mate ... they are REALLY REALLY frightened by the new XPlane update LOL

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

36 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

You are spot on mate ... they are REALLY REALLY frightened by the new XPlane update LOL

Tony

Tony, Tony, Tony!  Was referring to X-box.  But of course you know that!  LOL!  Have a great evening!

BTW, never adopted Xplane so not on that page.  No P3D either.  System constraints precluded those until August 2020 when I build this system for MSFS.  Runs FSX SE and enhancements just fine.  MSE3 looks great at 8,000 and above....  When cloud cover is not what is in view.  Then AS16 and REX textures totally rule!  Just cannot justify a P3D config or XP learning curve or addons expense.  Flying fully satisfied until MSFS maturation arrives.  Meanwhile I continue to build my library of MSFS addons and mods.  Not a naysayer here.  Just flying real time, real time conditions, following real time sports teams schedules.  I fly my sims as if I drove to the airport today and flew as if flying in today's conditions down to the hour.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

fppilot,

Mate, of course I new that but I thought that my comment was hilarious with the misconstruing of the X factor.  My sick sense of humor I guess.

I fly mostly MSFS with a big back up from XPlane 11. I do all this in VR now ... I have not had a flight without VR since HiFlyer guided me to a very satisfying experience.

I find XPlane in VR much better then MSFS and has very much better aircraft at the moment, but, of course, MSFS has the better visuals. Both are amazing in VR

P3D v4.5 and 5.1 have so far been a bitter disappointment in VR. However, 5.2 seems to addressed some of these issues so I have already downloaded that and will install today to see what has actually occurred.

I agree, that if I had not invested a considerable amount of money into P3D and XPlane and today I viewed a video comparison between them, There would not be a choice. MSFS wins hands down.  However, now that I have spent the money I am not going to throw the goodness of any flight sim platform simply because of MSFS.  In fact, shockingly, since MSFS release, I have only bought payware products for Xplane ... go figure.  This will all change once MSFS reaches the level of stability that the other two have achieved.

I find it very interesting to see how other people are reacting to MSFS.  There are people out there, I believe, who have not even bothered with MSFS and have remained faithful to P3D or XPlane or indeed, both.  We are all very different flavours of Vegemite I guess.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Mate, of course I new that but I thought that my comment was hilarious with the misconstruing of the X factor.  My sick sense of humor I guess.

Appreciated.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Wasn't SU5 supposed to come out at the same time as WU4?

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

Wasn't SU5 supposed to come out at the same time as WU4?

They said three months ago that Sim Update 4 would be merged with World Update 5, that didn't seem to go through though. While it was stated that they want to reduce the amount of active branches, I don't think they said anything in regard to Sim Update 5 specifically.

• Like 1