Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

Looks Like They Nerfed Live Traffic Again

The internal AI/ATC System is currently unable to handle 100% AI traffic and with each week we get closer to pre COVID levels.

I guess they are currently trying to find a level that is a goid representation and works fine in the Sim

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

37 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

The internal AI/ATC System is currently unable to handle 100% AI traffic and with each week we get closer to pre COVID levels.

Curious, is it worse than or the same as P3D?  It of course wasn’t perfect in P3D when things got busy but we made do.  Just interested in whether things are worse than P3D since at least a lot of the ATC system seems to be ported from P3D/FSX.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Very strange, I'm just not seeing all the planes that others are seeing.  For me it's as if Live Traffic reverted back to how it was at release---a plane here, a plane there.  I did a flight earlier today from KTYS to KATL, the latter which is one of the busiest airports in the US.  As I came in and landed, I saw all of 3 planes (both onscreen and looking at Pilot2atc's "show aircraft" feature on its moving map).

3 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Very strange, I'm just not seeing all the planes that others are seeing.  For me it's as if Live Traffic reverted back to how it was at release---a plane here, a plane there.  I did a flight earlier today from KTYS to KATL, the latter which is one of the busiest airports in the US.  As I came in and landed, I saw all of 3 planes (both onscreen and looking at Pilot2atc's "show aircraft" feature on its moving map).

It is strange. Avilasoft EFB showed planes at the gate in YSSY, but were not actuality visible.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, regis9 said:

Curious, is it worse than or the same as P3D?  It of course wasn’t perfect in P3D when things got busy but we made do.  Just interested in whether things are worse than P3D since at least a lot of the ATC system seems to be ported from P3D/FSX.

if you do a 1to1 comparisson it has pros and cons compared to P3D....

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

it will get better with 3rd party traffic eventually.

Yeah, in X-Plane, that took years. It seems so much easier here, as there's already an offline AI engine. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

My recent experience in several regions of the world (not the US) has been quite the opposite of a downtrend so far, a few examples: 

In Salzburg, four A320 on the tarmac and several private planes. Three on the frequency at or around LOWS, flight to OMDB, several planes on my frequencies during the whole flight, and a nearly fully occupied parking with AI, again several flights on the frequencies at or around OMDB.

Next day flight from OMDB to ESSA over Iran, several flights, over Russia, close to none, Over the Baltic, several flights (understand different callsigns), ESSA parking up to 70% occupied.

Yesterday flight from ESSA to the Azores, again several flights over Sweden, Norway, UK, very few over the Atlantic but a few with Santa Maria frequency.

This early morning (03.00 Z) from the Azores to KMIA on a route that is seldom frequented at night except from Miami to Europe (but I was too late for most of them), I spotted, on my Aivlasoft EFB, AFR 99 (easy to remember), I just checked on Flight Aware and it was indeed the Air France flight from KMIA to LFPG, but even more importantly, the encounter was timely because the flight is shown with a 4 hour delay and it corresponds precisely at the correct time and position when I saw it on my screen. Again at KMIA, at around 09.00 Z (hardly a peak time), two planes were on approach to RW 08R while I was on final to RWY 08L. 

So, whereas the system may not be perfect, it is far from being worse than before.

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Are there any livery packs that make the traffic have the real models and liveries?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 6/21/2021 at 2:03 PM, Republic3D said:

Are there any livery packs that make the traffic have the real models and liveries?

The reason I came across this thread is because the live traffic is just poor right now. I was at Gatwick today, not a single real flight in sight, same thing at KLAX.

Edited by HPG
  • Like 2

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

1 hour ago, HPG said:

Yes, Google RTLS Traffic 2021. I am not directly linking because I’m not sure about the legality of what they’ve done.

They're using a bunch (if not all) models without permission.

The fact they uploaded it to site that posts pirated payware MSFS addons should be a giant red flag.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

Who cares where the models come from, if it works.  I do not understand why freeware authors complain about us using their freeware planes as non-flyable AI traffic.  Even if it is bundled into a neat package for ease of use.  Heck they give it away in the first place.  Free should be free.  If it is payware and it is being used to be flown, that is another story.  I just had to vent a little.  Sorry.

3 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

Who cares where the models come from, if it works.  I do not understand why freeware authors complain about us using their freeware planes as non-flyable AI traffic.  Even if it is bundled into a neat package for ease of use.  Heck they give it away in the first place.  Free should be free.  If it is payware and it is being used to be flown, that is another story.  I just had to vent a little.  Sorry.

That's not how things work. Even the free stuff can have the terms of use. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

Even free things have terms of use.