Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

2 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Visuals are downgraded

Ah word not allowed, I thought it was too good to be true.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

That's true. Nothing is free. We will lose some. For some, the trade off is fair, for some it's not and and for some it's a disaster.  Everyone uses to sim differently.

Ohh, hello Bijan here, as I saw Sim Update 5 will bring new Trees (and new kind of showing) so I hope your addon will work still ? (Sorry for offtop).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Ohh, hello Bijan here, as I saw Sim Update 5 will bring new Trees (and new kind of showing) so I hope your addon will work still ? (Sorry for offtop).

Hi there, No new trees from asobo.  New trees are only from me.

My mod works with new patch "version 6" to  be released in 27th. Old version don't work after the update. Everyone must get the free update.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Actually you need to get up to speed, learn, comprehend and understand.

Oh ok. Yes sir. lol

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

40 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Hi there, No new trees from asobo.  New trees are only from me.

My mod works with new patch "version 6" to  be released in 27th. Old version don't work after the update. Everyone must get the free update.

Do you have Sim Update beta 5? I saw this info about new trees in this update from Asobo .... will try to find the source again.

Edit: ok, I found but its only LOD (so no new kind of trees) https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/07/08/trees-draw-distance/ .

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Actually the opposite of everything you said happened.

Visuals are downgraded and you only use 20 to 40  percent of your CPU and GPU. I have RTX 3090 and 32gb ram. 

Is this on SU 5 ? I don't understand. At the begining we got really good impressions from the testers but now we hear very sad news about comprimises. I don't expect a miracle other than some noticable improvement but day to day I lose my hope. I don't know what to expect and confused.

Faruk IŞIK

1 minute ago, Tayyareci said:

Is this on SU 5 ? I don't understand. At the begining we got really good impressions from the testers but now we hear very sad news about comprimises. I don't expect a miracle other than some noticable improvement but day to day I lose my hope. I don't know what to expect and confused.

Yes , SU5.  Don't get me wrong. The performance, as they mentioned too, is great...  the new Tree lod  is great too, in a way (which is the only lod that works),.. I can't get more into the details. You'll see next week.

• Like 4

Gaming Laptop:

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Actually the opposite of everything you said happened.

Visuals are downgraded and you only use 20 to 40  percent of your CPU and GPU. I have RTX 3090 and 32gb ram. 

So your beta testing the upcoming update and thats your findings?

You keep talking did you not sign anything? Or are all your words speculating. It’s one or the other.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What I read from leakers on other forums

- there are some improvements the scale of which depends of your machine (nothing new here)

- the early version of the update was terribly bugged and the last is not perfect yet 

- it seems that the UI was updated too (with bugs)

- most of the addons will require an update

- optimization choices that were made have an visual/aesthetic impact that doesn't please everybody

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead with the Xbox release as planned (as it would be too much of an embarrassment if they didn't after the publicity), but I also wouldn't be surprised if the PC update was delayed. 

Something has happened with the DX12 side of things on PC anyway, as that was already pulled from this update.  Although it was never explicitly stated it would be included in SU5, it was hinted at, I think they originally said DX12 for PC will be released at the same time as the Xbox release. 

I hate to think about the pressure they must be under at the moment.  Personally, I would rather them delay the update if it isn't ready.

Edited by bobcat999
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead with the Xbox release as planned (as it would be too much of an embarrassment if they didn't after the publicity), but the PC update might be delayed

Something has happened with the DX12 side of things on PC anyway, as that was already pulled from this update.  Although it was never explicitly stated it would be included in SU5, it was hinted at, I think they originally said DX12 for PC will be released at the same time as the Xbox release. 

I hate to think about the pressure they must be under at the moment.  Personally, I would rather them delay the update if it isn't ready.

Oh no !! .. bad news on a cold and rainy day here .. 

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Personally, I would rather them delay the update if it isn't ready.

I can't agree more. Right. If the fully working verison is not going to make 27th July it's better to delay some time and leave some pressure behind to clear up the mess. It's not an atomic science have to be exact on time schedule.

I prefer waiting more to get something solid rather than dealing with CTD's and similar stuff.. Let's hope the final week will be enough to fix the issues or we should get ready for being mentally constructive on delay message news.   

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Faruk IŞIK

45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead with the Xbox release as planned (as it would be too much of an embarrassment if they didn't after the publicity), but the PC update might be delayed. 

It was never sayed that SU5 will bring DX12. They always told - LATER this year (in my opinion in the fall). 27.07 update for PC and performance upgrade, it applies only to optimization for GPU and CPU and simulator processes, thats all. DX12 doesnt give a bigger performance jump what we will recive now, in 27 of July. As far as I know, everything will be on time.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif