Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

1 hour ago, SAPilot said:

Oh no !! .. bad news on a cold and rainy day here .. 

Sorry, my bad grammar.  I meant to say I wouldn't be surprised if SU5 was delayed.  It has happened before a few times anyway with updates, so nothing new.

I would rather them keep tweaking until it is good.  That way, at least we can fly for now rather than have the mandatory update.

I edited my original for clarity.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

44 minutes ago, YoYo said:

It was never sayed that SU5 will bring DX12. They always told - LATER this year (in my opinion in the fall). 27.07 update for PC and performance upgrade, it applies only to optimization for GPU and CPU and simulator processes, thats all. DX12 doesnt give a bigger performance jump what we will recive now, in 27 of July. As far as I know, everything will be on time.

No YoYo, don't take me out of context.  First of all, I said this...

'Although it was never explicitly stated it would be included in SU5, it was hinted at'

Secondly, they never said later this year, or 'the fall', as in your opinion, it explicitly stated Summer 2021 in their own posts, and still does.  They also made statements that DX12 would be coming to PC alongside the Xbox release; I think a few of us were surprised when they said it would not be with the Xbox release or SU5 now, but would now be 'a bit later'.

As you say though, DX12 will probably be no big deal, and not worth worrying about.

• Upvote 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Let me be clear, again. They are not planning to dumb things down to gain the fps.  They are reworking the engine to use hardware properly. In fact the tree lod is being restored (increased) to at least what it was in earlier versions.

Ignore the fake news.....

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Hi there, No new trees from asobo.  New trees are only from me.

My mod works with new patch "version 6" to  be released in 27th. Old version don't work after the update. Everyone must get the free update.

Will the old tree distance mod work again after SU5?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Let me be clear, again. They are not planning to dumb things down to gain the fps.  They are reworking the engine to use hardware properly. In fact the tree lod is being restored (increased) to at least what it was in earlier versions.

Ignore the fake news.....

A lot of it is just opinions Greazer, and you know how much they can vary between individuals; the threads ramble on for days on here sometimes arguing about the slightest detail.

We will all see and judge for ourselves next week.

• Like 3

Asobo is working hard on the sim, this is a nightmare for the addon devs because they have to follow the evolution of FS20. Not anymore addons sold and left with bugs for years as happened in P3d and FSX. At this moment I'm appreciating the PMDG DC-6 greatly, I'm comfortable about very good and nice improvements from the next sim update, the blanket is not too short.

PS: the CRJ project from Aerosoft was a failure since P3d.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Will the old tree distance mod work again after SU5?

No. But the new tree lod is better. 

They didn't restore it to any previous state.

They fixed the latitude issue that I discovered back in March:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tree-lod-is-now-related-to-latitude/386167

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

As updates are mandatory Asobo has the responsibility to release a working sim. If there would be problems like CTDs it would be a disaster.

That said I think they are already ready since quite some time and will release on 27.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

8 minutes ago, kaha said:

That said I think they are already ready since quite some time and will release on 27.

I wouldn't bet my mother-in-law's fortune on this ... Luckily for me, she squandered it.  😄

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

20 hours ago, GaryK said:

I've always had a modest PC (specs below) and always been moderately happy with various flight sims performance, FSX, P3D etc

Yours is modest? What's my i5-2500k then, poverty spec?! I'll swap yours for mine! 🤣 I am soooo overdue an upgrade but I'll be damned if I am paying 2020/21 prices

16 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Another good thing is the lower VRAM usage, most people have a 6-8 GB GPU and that should be plenty after this update for the foreseeable future imho.

Do we? I think 3-6 GB GPU is more normal for most people because many skipped the GTX2xxx series as they were told GTX3xxxx would bring much more improvement relative to the GTX9xx and GTX1xxx cards they had, but when third gen arrived prices started bonkers and just went higher so a good portion of the waiters (like me) were left stuck on our older cards. I think my GTX980 is 4 GB, so I will very much welcome a reduction in VRAM usage.

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What I read from leakers on other forums

- optimization choices that were made have an visual/aesthetic impact that doesn't please everybody

Would you be able to go into more detail (I'm not asking you to break an NDA, I presume you are not covered by one as you are just relaying information that's open elsewhere) or direct me to where these compromises have been discussed? I am intrigued as to what has taken a step back.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Maybe it's like this: If you adjust the graphics options to have the sim look like it did pre 27. You will not gain any fps.

Who knows?!

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

33 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

No. But the new tree lod is better. 

They didn't restore it to any previous state.

They fixed the latitude issue that I discovered back in March:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tree-lod-is-now-related-to-latitude/386167

The tree LOD is rubbish at all latitudes though (as things stand).  Take a flight around Tanzania for example.  I just wish in 2021 we could somehow get trees to the horizon, or can we?  The old mod was perfect.  

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

The tree LOD is rubbish at all latitudes though (as things stand).  Take a flight around Tanzania for example.  I just wish in 2021 we could somehow get trees to the horizon, or can we?  The old mod was perfect.  

You definitely can see trees to the horizon with a correct settings.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Just now, BijanStudio said:

You definitely can see trees to the horizon with a correct settings.

Phew, thanks for the heads up..  I can use your mod again!