Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Kudos to PMDG

55 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Which is why I doubt that they will be selling this thing under $100. Because that would mean we would get money back instead of spending it. 😉

Interesting observation. I couldn't recall the exact details. Just remember a generous offer from PMDG. Edit: On their forum 10NOV19: "Anticpated market price of NG3 for MSFS $139.99. Buyers of the NGXu before 31DEC19 receive a $99.99 rebate".

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

23 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

I will happily part with £35 - £40 (depending on exchange rate) for the DC6 but if the 737 comes in at more than around that, it will stay on the digital shelf.

Well it will be staying on the digital shelf then. Dream on if anyone thinks it will be that price. That would make it far less than the DC-6.

The two airliners that are the most used and recognised are the 737 and the A320, if PMDG picked one of there airliners to charge more for that the rest it would be imo the 737. 

Along with a lot of people that have already paid $100 for it. Imo it will be $120 at best but more likley $140.

Sorry I also think selling to many by making it cheap..(will not happen anyway), is a bad thing for support, go look at the amount of "help" in the DC-6 forums from people that dont even read the basic intro manual let alone the other manuals , My Dc-6 fell over when I braked when in reverse.......O really!..

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If PMDG charges more than $75 for anything it will be a hard no for me. The pricing on the DC-6 was perfect. As far as them having to develop everything from the ground up in MSFS, that only tells part of the story. Yes, they have to code it from scratch in MSFS, but the RESEARCH and system modeling/planning involved which is a HUGE effort is already done. So they will not have to invest the same hours to bring something like the 737 to MSFS. Again, anything over $75 and no thanks.  

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

The question is not just how much work it is, it is also if someone else is capable of doing the same for a lower price. If not, then it's worth it.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

"Anticpated market price of NG3 for MSFS $139.99.

Well there you have it. I doubt it will be significantly lower. Maybe just $119.99, but probably not anywhere close to the $70 it did cost in the FSX version.

Edited by Farlis

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Well there you have it. I doubt it will be significantly lower. Maybe just $119.99, but probably not anywhere close to the $70 it did cost in the FSX version.

Even $119 price tag would scare alot of people off if you ask me.  I know you didn't  ask me.  haha

• Like 1

Just flew the DC6 into LOWG, in Austria. Surrounded by Mountains which produced all kinds of turbulence on a 16 mile LNAV approach to 17C. Talk about realism, I was  sweating by the time I rolled out on the runway. What a blast. Will have to fly here again. 😃

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'd pay $100+ for PDMG products just not a DC6.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 7/9/2021 at 7:29 AM, Todd2 said:

Even $119 price tag would scare alot of people off if you ask me.  I know you didn't  ask me.  haha

Still good value when you consider how much real planes cost to fly her hour 

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K