Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

SU 5 Stutters

Guest devgrp
11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Seems like I'm gonna wait it out for a few days before updating to SU5. From reading the comments in this thread it looks like they have stripped away performance from us PC users in order to make it run better for their X-Box consoles. This is a real shame for us hardcore PC simmers like myself. With that being said. They really do need to give the PC version of MSFS more configurable options, especially for those of us with more powerful hardware. I feel like I wasted a lot of money building a powerful machine just so that I can enjoy the sim at it's full potential only to find out with the latest update that they have gone and taken it away. Not sure whose decision it was, whether it be Microsoft or Asobo. Please do what's right. Take all these negative feedback to make the sim more configurable for a much wider audience now that you guys have a console version. Don't forget that this is suppose to be a real next gen flight sim. It looks like it's not so next gen anymore with things being taken away. The answer is so obvious. Give the PC version toggles, sliders, etc in the settings. So that users with more powerful hardware can use them!

What are you talking about stripping away performance from pc users? I'd advise you to do the update and see for yourself. This is being blow out of proportion as usual smh

Edited by devgrp

Honestly, I swear it's like the forum is rigged for bad news. 10 people report great stuff, and it's almost ignored. One or two people report an issue, or rumors of an issue, and everybody starts to lose their mind.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Guest devgrp
Just now, HiFlyer said:

Honestly, I swear it's like the forum is rigged for bad news. 10 people report great stuff, and it's almost ignored. One or two people report an issue, or rumors of an issue, and everybody starts to lose their mind.

The sky is falling smh lmao

Just now, HiFlyer said:

I still remember the breathless hints dropped by some alpha tester before launch about how this was a disaster and Asobo were going to be fired immediately by MS.

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

10 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Flying around NY

Sadly I cannot like and upvote at the same time. I have pretty much the same experience. I love it. Just did a KJFK to Statue of Liberty trip. No stutters and silky smooth.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Deimos said:

As much as I want to, I cannot jump on the negativity band wagon. Yeah I know, this is avsim, but guys come on... Just try it for yourself. What good does it do you "not trying it, because someone else did not like it"

Heh.  How can a person NOT try it?   I mean, with auto-updates and such.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest devgrp
Just now, mcdonoughdr said:

How do you all not have a stutter hellfest when looking around with the middle mouse button?

Good PC and not maxing out like some of the others. BTW I'm running 2k  , RTX 2080S, i7 10700k and 64gb ram

1 minute ago, Mace said:

Heh.  How can a person NOT try it?   I mean, with auto-updates and such.

I do not know. And I cannot think about it. Too busy landing my cub in New York Harbor and having a blast. Errm I mean brooding in my dark cellar, not having fun at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Good PC and not maxing out like some of the others. BTW I'm running 2k  , RTX 2080S, i7 10700k and 64gb ram

Edited by mcdonoughdr

What about loading terrain? Why is loading too slow? Beacuse is about slow server, or after the update is normal?

Example in Paris (1440p available)

Settings on Ultra - 100 rendering scale

Edited by rutra

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Just now, mcdonoughdr said:

I'd like to think my 3080ti and 11900K can manage to not go from 60fps to 25 when looking around...

My 3080 non TI and 5800X manage to do that. No drops looking around. I presume you installed on an SSD/ NVME?

16 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

this is the kind of behavior i expect from this forum for the must part to the point im so used to it now . its sad to see it go that way . if you report good performance after any changes you get hit with a few that wont be happy about it and makes you  feel like you just told je sus  to not come down to earth anymore . 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Guest devgrp
1 minute ago, mcdonoughdr said:

I'd like to think my 3080ti and 11900K can manage to not go from 60fps to 25 when looking around...

Let me guess 4k on ultra? Record a few clips and post so we can see

57 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I dont have VR and the videos posted are not of vr

Exactly you haven't experience the "pop in" in VR and if so you'd know it isn't avoidable by your own advice of "flying the correct way"

So do us VR folks a favor and just zip it...

Thanks!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2