Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

SU 5 Stutters

6 minutes ago, Slides said:

It literally gave me buttery smooth fps in NYC where I didn't have that before. It's a huge improvement overall with some minor room for further improvement to reduce pop-ins.

I did fly over NYC with the pc below (before SU4) with almost everything in "high" and maybe two or three things on ultra, and I thought - what a smooth experience, but then again, i use the 208, 152, or 172 and sightsee about 1500 high. And thought, this is AMAZING (just a few clouds). I am afraid to do it now with the pop ups as i look left and right with SU5

But then again, this PC is a heck of a lot better than I used in FSX many, many years ago, and I HAD to limit my FPS to 23, which was good enough in the air, but landing was not as great, lol.

All I know is, I would pay for MSFS over again if I could go back to SU4.

YMMV 

Edited by SlowFlyer
  • Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

4 minutes ago, espent said:

OMG!!! Can't you at least wait until you have tried it your self before acting like a child?

What the heck!

Yes Boss.......🤬

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Yes Boss.......🤬

Good

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

No one is whining here...this is a widespread observation at this point.

Now what's annoying and whiney is your constant gatekeeping and trying to dictate how others should interpret the observation, along with your consecutive triple and double posting

Just saying...🤔

It's not gatekeeping. It's making sure the children are kept in check. I know very well what type of FUD some people love to spread. I still remember the FUD of MSFS being a failed sim from the alpha days. Some of us have memories. 

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, espent said:

Good

Now back to your beta testing ,,,,LOL

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Being realistic, its quite obvious that to optimize it for Xbone they had to "dumb" down a few things and call it a performance update and the ones with high end PCs who were not in dire need of higher FPS will see it as a downgrade. From plenty of feedback so far this is what its coming down to. HOWEVER will need to give it time and test more.

I just REALLY hope this isn't what they will be doing going forward, being limited by the Xbone hardware for PC users!

• Like 1

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Stutter can be cause by OC for CPU. I see you are OC at 5GHZ on all cores.

I switched to an NVME and placed the sim on there last week specifically to take advantage of DirectStorage when its implemented.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, SlowFlyer said:

All I know is, I would pay for MSFS over again if I could go back to SU4.

Have you tried SU5 over NYC at ultra 4K? I have and it's amazing. Slight improvement can be made for pop-ins but it's not game breaking.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Now back to your beta testing ,,,,LOL

You think so highly about yourself that you didn't even catch the sarcasm in my reply about the brainpower of AVsim. Shocking

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Have you tried SU5 over NYC at ultra 4K? I have and it's amazing. Slight improvement can be made for pop-ins but it's not game breaking.

Can you please test over a rural area with lots of trees??

• Upvote 1

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

1 minute ago, Bandyka said:

ones with high end PCs who were not in dire need of higher FPS will see it as a downgrade.

Not true for me. I have a RTX 3090, 64 GB RAM, 5900X and I have benefited from the performance upgrade. It was NOT buttery smooth for me before in high density areas.

I got CTD flying out of KORS when I start panning.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Not true for me. I have a RTX 3090, 64 GB RAM, 5900X and I have benefited from the performance upgrade. It was NOT buttery smooth for me before in high density areas.

I hear you. I am hoping I will be as happy as you.

13 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Can you please test over a rural area with lots of trees??

Just tested and almost zero pop-in. Almost hurt my neck trying to get it to pop-in and only then I noticed very slight tree line pop-in. Rural areas should be zero issues if you fly normally. 

I am uploading a video right now. Will post link once up.

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I use TrackIR so there's a lot of fast panning involved. If this means constant stutters then I mightnas well just give up.

Anybody with TrackIR here? How's the experience?

did you watch the video? Unless you're going to be violently moving your head around, then I dont think you have anything to worry about as far as trackir goes . The videos are being overly exaggerated. Nobody flies from the outside view and keep switching back and forth. If you actually fly the plane like a real plane, none of this matters.

And for the real diehards dont you guys stay in the cockpit to actually fly the airplanes or just go outside panning around aggressively? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1