Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

I think this kind of LOD culling is not the one related to the viewport, but more generally the one that decides if an object should be visible or not, depending on its size on screen.

They are likely different: an object that would otherwise have "permission" to show due to its size, according to the LOD levels discussed before, might still be culled because you are not looking directly at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I think this kind of LOD culling is not the one related to the viewport, but more generally the one that decides if an object should be visible or not, depending on its size on screen.

They are likely different: an object that would otherwise have "permission" to show due to its size, according to the LOD levels discussed before, might still be culled because you are not looking directly at it.

I think you are right, I just asked Alyzée via the forums to understand this better.

S.

I am extremely impressed by this update. Very handsome fps improvements with no loss in visuals. We are definitely going in the right direction. I also quite like the new lighting. But ofcourse since no update can go without some drama on avsim so here we are going strong.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I think the real thing people should be worried about is the post earlier in this thread with the guy who has 3 sons with xbox, one deleted it within an hour and the older one found it boring. I think most people using an Xbox enjoy it mostly for fortnight and shooter type games such as COD and Battlefield series. While the above sampling is miniscule, it does portend, I think, your typical Xbox user. The people playing Xbox like getting on with their friends and shooting things up. That's PS and Xbox bread and butter.

MS took a big chance with MSFS and Xbox but I fear while many will try it because it's something new, it's staying power will not be anywhere near what they hoped for. The next Battlefield release is coming, now that will have staying power. MSFS will be a long distant memory for many by then on Xbox. 

The worry then is, if the grand Xbox release doesn't satisfy the finance department, then what?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Sorry but this thread's title is pure intentional inflamatory bait. on Day 1 after a 40GB patch. It looks like it belongs to Reddit. Men, just hold your breath and carry on, we are all grown ups, aren't we?

Some of them are a little too grown. You know the saying, once a man twice a child. 

I am actually getting super smooth fast FPS everything perfect, but then every 30 or 40 minutes a total freeze for maybe 30 or 40 seconds then all is perfect again for another half an hour.

Odd.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

15 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

I realise this post will no doubt upset a lot of console word not allowed but I'm frustrated with Microsoft/Asobo. I was not given a choice on whether or not to install this mandatory update.  With the latest update being "mandatory" this proves they are pandering to the xbox/console users. What if the sim was running great before and we don't want it? And it was for me. What if I don't want a performance update at the sacrifice of pop-in, poor draw distances and blurry graphics.  No matter, this new console targeted update is tailor made for new simmers on the Xbox is MANDATORY for everyone.  I do hope Microsoft/Asobo rectifies the situation but I won't hold my breath. 

So your proof of console pandering is the mandatory updates that they've had since the sim came out for PC last year, and the fact that they rolled performance optimizations made while developing the Xbox port into the PC port, because you think some of those optimizations are too aggressive for your liking?

If the idea was to "pander" to console users, 1) they wouldn't have released the PC version a year beforehand, and 2) you wouldn't control the Xbox menus with a MOUSE CURSOR.

I totally understand anyone being frustrated because an update broke something for them or made something worse for them than before, and I hope Asobo fix those issues for you.  But the idea that they are "pandering" to console users is just patently ridiculous on it's face.

• Like 4

In case others don't read another thread. 

I finally installed this update. Self recorded over Philadelphia. Specs in sig, 1GB internet. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. The pop-in every time you pan the camera is completely and utterly atrociously embarrassing. We are right back to FSX days "Hi any tips to avoid pop-in"????

Except this time "It's not a bug, it's a feature"..   Goodbye MSFS till whenever this garbage is fixed.. Way to take the immersion out of a simulator Asobo. Beside everything else. AN ENTIRE BRIDGE SPANNING A RIVER POPPED IN.  Garbage.. Garbage Garage.. PC users were robbed 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think the real thing people should be worried about is the post earlier in this thread with the guy who has 3 sons with xbox, one deleted it within an hour and the older one found it boring. I think most people using an Xbox enjoy it mostly for fortnight and shooter type games such as COD and Battlefield series. While the above sampling is miniscule, it does portend, I think, your typical Xbox user. The people playing Xbox like getting on with their friends and shooting things up. That's PS and Xbox bread and butter.

MS took a big chance with MSFS and Xbox but I fear while many will try it because it's something new, it's staying power will not be anywhere near what they hoped for. The next Battlefield release is coming, now that will have staying power. MSFS will be a long distant memory for many by then on Xbox. 

The worry then is, if the grand Xbox release doesn't satisfy the finance department, then what?

Why should we worry about that? You think Ms is going to cancel a project just because 3 people stopped playing? 

Microsoft will be fully aware that tons of console people will bounce off of Flight Simulator - it's a bloody flight simulator,, and Game Pass subs have zero opportunity cost to try it.  They won't be worried about that in the slightest, much less change their support strategy for the sim over it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

In case others don't read another thread. 

I finally installed this update. Self recorded over Philadelphia. Specs in sig, 1GB internet. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. The pop-in every time you pan the camera is completely and utterly atrociously embarrassing. We are right back to FSX days "Hi any tips to avoid pop-in"????

Except this time "It's not a bug, it's a feature"..   Goodbye MSFS till whenever this garbage is fixed.. Way to take the immersion out of a simulator Asobo 

Yeah because that's how a plane should be flown from the outside spinning around. 

So it turns out the so called hardcore simmers are really not that hardcore because they sim from the outside of the plane and pan their heads super aggressive, who woulda thought 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, styckx said:

completely and utterly atrociously embarrassing.

🙄

it's nothing like FSX pop-in

• Like 2

I started MSFS 2020 for a few minutes this morning before going to work, just to make sure it still worked. I immediately noticed that the gauges and printing in the DC6 flight deck, were not as sharp as they were before the update. It looked like now everything was switched from sharp, to low detail. I started thinking about this, and realized that probably what I am seeing is what someone on an Xbox S would see, in other words, they rolled back the detail so that the cheaper X box could handle it. Now the detail has been also rolled back with a PC user that has a high end PC with a good GPU. The lowest common denominator is what seems to be happening here. I sure wish I had the SU4 version back again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yeah because that's how a plane should be flown from the outside spinning around. 

So it turns out the so called hardcore simmers are really not that hardcore because they sim from the outside of the plane and pan their heads super aggressive, who woulda thought 

😁

"why can't i have 360 degree ultra scenery to the horizon all the time with no delay and 50fps at 4k!!"

• Like 2

@Bobsk8The cause you describe is very unlikely. Much more like it's one of the sharpening filters, you change them in cfg. Do check the update hasn't reset some of your graphic settings too.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg