Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

MSFS has never been RELIABLE

Just now, Dominique_K said:

Oh yes, also, I see a lot of fellow respectable simmers happy with this update and I give them credit. I believe that expectations and experience are different from one another. 

The unpredictable nature of who has issues and who has the perfect sim experience is interesting.  You do sometimes wonder if Asobo are randomly nerfing simmers with an odd number of consonants in their name who were born when the moon is in Aquarius just to be funny.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Someone raises their head above the parapet with what he feels are legitimate issues and is immediately put down with the usual retorts. Whether you agree with him or not he is entitled to his opinion and that should be respected.

For those complaining “oh no, not this again” your contribution amounts to less than zero since you’re not willing to discuss his issues in a polite manner.

There are no right and wrong opinions. Behave in a courteous way and treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

I would be willing to bet how long a topic titled "P3D has never been reliable" would remain open in the other forum...

What about having a moderator defending the poster? That is a long, long shot (especially when such bad, if not inflammatory, arguments like criticizing controllers being supported or calling MSFS a "toy game" are being used).

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yeah Dominique of all the simmers on here i really am sorry the update sounds like a bust for you and i do see some of the issues that you're talking about and some due to the differences in hardware and config i don't see. I consider this update a primary update.. the type that will break things and make the overall program unstable if done recklessly. Im surprised that they haven't broken more stuff considering their track record. But moving along. Now is the time for the developers to start assessing and fixing the easy to fix bugs and  critical showstoppers with a patch (Matt from WT) stated one is in the works and start work on cleaning up the rest of the damage with the next update.

Hopefully by the time the next update rolls around some of the concerns of the PC simmers are heard and they are able to make a decent compromise.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

6 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I would be willing to bet how long a topic titled "P3D has never been reliable" would remain open in the other forum...

What do you want ? That we gather under the moon, hold hands and dance around a campfire chanting the praise of SU5 ? Cant you accept a discussion with people not sharing your opinion ?  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

"... One of those features has never been present in this “game” because it clearly doesn’t seem to be a priority these developers…"

Here's another one: Instant Replay

This is a utility & feature that was a component of iterations of MSFS as far back as the dinosaurs, and it is *still* not here........... yet........... today........... a year later. Sure there are other mechanisms that approximate this utility...... other mechanisms.

Is Instant Replay the "be-all" and "end-all" for MSFS? No, but it very aptly sums up & symbolizes MSFS's current state of affairs and half-baked nature.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

9 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

After almost a year or so it is now clear, to me at least, that this will never be the sim I had hoped for.  It is, was and remains...a "toy plane game" that actually works some of the time

Utter nonsense.

• Like 3

Just now, Maxis said:

moving along.

Oh yes, we need to move along and hope for the best ! But things must be said if we want to get there. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The unpredictable nature of who has issues and who has the perfect sim experience is interesting.  You do sometimes wonder if Asobo are randomly nerfing simmers with an odd number of consonants in their name who were born when the moon is in Aquarius just to be funny.

I think is just a matter of Hardware/Software config, How well you maintain and troubleshoot the hardware and software, How you intend to use the sim, and what your "Hot Button issues are. Add the personality type to the mix and there you have it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Cant you accept a discussion with people not sharing your opinion ? 

Repeating baseless rubbish isn't really like "having a discussion".

So, the recently released G 1000 NXi (admittedly, it's still early Alpha early access) makes MSFS 2020 a toy simulator. Ha ha.

The WT CJ4, the FbW A320, etc. etc. yeah, these are all "toy planes".

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What do you want ? That we gather under the moon, hold hands and dance around a campfire chanting the praise of SU5 ? Cant you accept a discussion with people not sharing your opinion ?  

"Toy play game", "other serious sims", "struggles to approach FS2000"....sorry, that is not an acceptable thread-starter for a productive discussion. It is a troll post and the user should be reprimanded, not lauded by moderators.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

11 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I would be willing to bet how long a topic titled "P3D has never been reliable" would remain open in the other forum...what about having a moderator defending the poster? That is a long, long shot (especially when such bad arguments like controllers being supported are used).

Yeah, I would also like to know why my comment was removed. It was just a simple "Yawn" which I thought was an apt reply to a post that was so obviously trolling and misleading (toy planes, xbox controllers and the like). 

• Like 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Oh yes, we need to move along and hope for the best ! But things must be said if we want to get there. 

Yep 100% agree with that. The devs wont know unless the community speaks up.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Someone raises their head above the parapet with what he feels are legitimate issues and is immediately put down with the usual retorts. Whether you agree with him or not he is entitled to his opinion and that should be respected.

I'm sorry, but a statement like MSFS 2020 is a "toy simulator" with "toy planes" does not amount to raising a "legitimate issue". It's simply a wrong statement and needs to be called out as such.

Again, please fire up the Working Title CJ4, take it for a spin, then come and back and tell me in which way this is a "toy plane".

Or, in which way is the WT G 1000 NXi a "toy"?

In which way is the FbW A320 a toy?

Robert Young's mods to the Bonanza makes this plane a "toy"?

The DA62X turned the DA62 into a "toy", right?

The Daher TBM 930 is a "toy"?

The WT G 3000 is a toy?

The upcoming Fenix Simulations A320 is a "toy"?

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, I would also like to know why my comment was removed. It was just a simple "Yawn" which I thought was an apt reply to a post that was so obviously trolling and misleading (toy planes, xbox controllers and the like). 

14 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

"Toy play game", "other serious sims", "struggles to approach FS2000"....sorry, that is not an acceptable thread-starter for a productive discussion. It is a troll post and the user should be reprimanded, not lauded by moderators.

The post was unnecessarily excessive or rather inflammatory in its wording but raises some real issues. Maybe discussing them as some of us has tried to do, instead of yawning or dismissing them as trolling, may improve it instead keeping the flames alive ? 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

29 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

What about having a moderator defending the poster? That is a long, long shot (especially when such bad, if not inflammatory, arguments like criticizing controllers being supported or calling MSFS a "toy game" are being used).

Yeah I also demand Avaim to have proper moderators for MSFS fourms who actually fly MSFS and active as well in the MSFS fourms. We have even seen few moderators (not Ray), fueling other threads which as result, they went out of control and other members took the blame. 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super