Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

MSFS has never been RELIABLE

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I would be willing to bet how long a topic titled "P3D has never been reliable" would remain open in the other forum...

What about having a moderator defending the poster? That is a long, long shot (especially when such bad, if not inflammatory, arguments like criticizing controllers being supported or calling MSFS a "toy game" are being used).

Careful...I had my forum account suspended for four days last week for making essentially the same point. (You are obviously correct. There's an imbalance but it appears there's no interest in even accepting that it exists, let alone attempting to address it.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm sorry, but a statement like MSFS 2020 is a "toy simulator" with "toy planes" does not amount to raising a "legitimate issue". It's simply a wrong statement and needs to be called out as such.

You’re taking one sentence from a long post and ignoring the rest of his complaints.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Life isn't reliable. Can't believe how worked-up people get about a computer game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re taking one sentence from a long post and ignoring the rest of his complaints.

Let me start by saying I will actually absolutely defend the OP's right to post this. I mostly think trolling should be allowed, not censored -- and I know reasonable people can (and do) disagree about this. But the flipside of my view is that trolls have to pay what the kids call the "troll toll." If you go in trolling, you have to expect responses in kind. The OP was not an appeal to cool, rational argument. It's not just about one sentence. It was an emotional, hyperbolic cri de coeur -- and that's fine. But, in my own humble view, derision and mockery are entirely predictable -- maybe even appropriate -- responses to that kind of post.

TLDR: OP posted something provocative, and succeeded in provoking. Anything else would be really strange, no?

James

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

How is it possible to create a full featured sim where the planes can be controlled with an Xbox controller?

How would it be possible in 2021 to create a full featured sim where the planes can't be controlled with an Xbox controller? There maybe limitations to using an Xbox controller opposed to other peripherals, but the option is not forced upon any user and peripherals exist with greater complexity for those who want more complexity.

Any controller is an interface that comes with limitations in the universal battle between human intention and physical object - from real world aircraft controllers right down to a mouse and keyboard in a flight sim.

Pin pointing MSFS ability to be able to interface on a variety of physical objects is not exclusive to what virtual piece of software can or can not be created, nor it's developers choices in the approach of that intended goal. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Let me start by saying I will actually absolutely defend the OP's right to post this. I mostly think trolling should be allowed, not censored -- and I know reasonable people can (and do) disagree about this. But the flipside of my view is that trolls have to pay what the kids call the "troll toll."

If I thought it was a “troll post” it would not have seen the light of day. It’s a pity he used “toy plane game” because that deflected away from the points made in the first four paras.

Feel free to discuss those with him if you feel so inclined.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Let me start by saying I will actually absolutely defend the OP's right to post this. I mostly think trolling should be allowed, not censored -- and I know reasonable people can (and do) disagree about this. But the flipside of my view is that trolls have to pay what the kids call the "troll toll." If you go in trolling, you have to expect responses in kind. The OP was not an appeal to cool, rational argument. It's not just about one sentence. It was an emotional, hyperbolic cri de coeur -- and that's fine. But, in my own humble view, derision and mockery are entirely predictable -- maybe even appropriate -- responses to that kind of post.

TLDR: OP posted something provocative, and succeeded in provoking. Anything else would be really strange, no?

James

I understand your well argumented point James but there are IMHO two different kinds of inflammatory posts.

Some are empty of substance and some have substance but are poorly and somewhat inappropriately written and, as Ray said, divert the attention from the issues instead of helping to focus on them.

I am not an enemy of irony and sarcasm. It can be fun within reason when it underlines a point. But pouring oil on the fire with onliners doesn't do much . For those with some substance, trying to sort out grain from chaff is at the end of the day, more fun. Look at the "console pandering" thread which generated an interesting discussion with inputs from RXP, Simbol and Virtuali.

TLDR : OP was inflammatory but raised issues, several of us tried to refocus the discussion. The mods let it go, the forum accomplished its purpose.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, zmak said:

Coming back to simming after a couple years away 

I like the idea of XBOX with this controller. How would this setup compare to traditional PC set up? 

Well I just bought an Xbox S, and I am going to consider it after some reviews of course. Looks pretty cool and compact. Cost as much or a little more as an Xbox S, but it also is suppose to work on PC also, I think. So I could use it on either and I like that option. I already have the Thrustmaster 16000m Joystick and HOTAS, so I am not sure as it works great! But ONLY on my PC!

A lot of people are waiting for the release of that item, so there should be a ton of reviews in short time after release!

• Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

From what I've seen, about half the reliability issues are from addons, OC, USB issues, cache, or installation. The other half just seem to be somewhat random. So, I have to agree that they could still improve the reliability a bit, as I've seen some unexplained CTD with basically no addons. I was not getting these 3 updates ago, the most reliable version was about 3 updates ago. I'm basing this having used MSFS on multiple PC's. That said, it's not awful or anything, just a bit flakey sometimes.

If people have weird issues and are using a USB hub, remember that going beyond 3-4 devices on a USB hub often requires a powered hub, or if you have really long USB cables. This can solve some peoples issues. A fresh install of the game is probably the least likely thing, but clear the cache and remove any addons, ensure you don't have a USB issue. Reboot PC after making any USB changes.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If I thought it was a “troll post” it would not have seen the light of day. It’s a pity he used “toy plane game” because that deflected away from the points made in the first four paras.

Feel free to discuss those with him if you feel so inclined.

But isn't the job of the moderator to rectify the post? Or at least send him a PM to remove the "toy plane game" and stick to only his complains so we can help him here and avoid the thread of going somewhere else if you want to keep the thread open? The thing is Ray, this kind of troll thread, most likely will end up out of control and other trolls will jump in to this thread and start trolling and the whole concept of helping him will be lost in the troll wars and most likely the thread will end up be closed. 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

22 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

But isn't the job of the moderator to rectify the post? Or at least send him a PM to remove the "toy plane game" and stick to only his complains so we can help him here and avoid the thread of going somewhere else if you want to keep the thread open? The thing is Ray, this kind of troll thread, most likely will end up out of control and other trolls will jump in to this thread and start trolling and the whole concept of helping him will be lost in the troll wars and most likely the thread will end up be closed. 

This thread didn’t end up out of control and was not closed. Ask you why. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Please don't question moderator's actions (or lack of) regarding forum policy. The topic hasn't become viral in 8 pages but considering the OP has only replied once and not chosen to enter into a debate I see no point in this topic remaining open.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather