Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.14.0 is now live!

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

These MSFS SU's and WU's and subsequent hotfixes, make me remember the old days with P3D. At each P3D incremental update -and maybe one or two hotfixes just after-, several add-ons had to be updated for compatibility issues, and all was done until the next update, but that happened every five/six months.

With MSFS, things are starting to look the same, but with the important difference that is happening almost every one/two months. Bad signal.

No. It is not a bad signal. Bad signal is when the developers *won't* update the simulator, like in the FSX days. Asobo has been pretty quick not only updating and expanding the sim, but also issuing hotfixes. 

I repeat myself: home simulators *are not* mission critical software! MSFS has seen many more updates in the last months than P3D probably got in its lifetime and that is great!

Yes, Asobo could perhaps improve the beta testing and its delivery processes, but I am glad that I am not using an abandoned or outdated platform anymore.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 10

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 minutes ago, John Fields said:

It's solved!

Thank you, Alpine!

You were right! You solved my problem!

I've done what you said: unplug the USB devices, shut down the PC..., and so on!

It worked like a charm!

Thank you very much!

Number 1 on my SU5 CTD Survival Guide. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

Yes, I noticed the weird dancing reflections. I haven't tried someone else's suggestion to lower reflections from ultra to high -- but, of course, it needs to be addressed properly by Asobo.

Changing from Ultra to High helped with a couple of reflection artifacts i was seeing, but it didn't solve the biggest problem unfortunately.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

Just tried again this morning still same issue, if I get to the bottom of it I’ll tell you the solution. Very frustrating

(Regarding hotfix never showing up in the MS Store) 

Thank you. It's too late for me, though. After trying half a dozen more proposed solution recommended on the Microsoft FS forum, and none of them worked, I attempted a trick that involves temporarily renaming the main FS2020 install folder, and that some users claimed worked like a charm. In my case, it completely busted my installation so now I am forced to redownload the whole 130GB shebang. 

Edited by Pierre-Normand

11 minutes ago, Pierre-Normand said:

(Regarding hotfix never showing up in the MS Store) 

Thank you. It's too late for me, though. After trying half a dozen more proposed solution recommended on the Microsoft FS forum, and none of them worked, I attempted a trick that involves temporarily renaming the main FS2020 install folder, and that some users claimed worked like a charm. In my case, it completely busted my installation so now I am forced to redownload the whole 130GB shebang. 

TADA! i repaired xbox app and reset app using settings in windows. Currently downloading hotfix 

• Upvote 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

After the hotfix 1.18.14.0 the throttle (Logitech G940) is not working.

It goes from 0% to 100% in every plane (its either 0 or 100, no intermediate power). Sometimes the control is not moving at all (can control it only with the Keyboard or Mouse, though).

So, I can't fly (I don't know it the hotfix works to eliminate the multiple CTDs I had).

I didn't have problems with the throttle before (I own MSFS 2020 since the first day last year).

A complete mess.

I reported the issue to Zendesk, but no solution at this time.

Same with my Throttle. It doesn’t respond half the time or freezes. It only works 100% in third person. What a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

TADA! i repaired xbox app and reset app using settings in windows. Currently downloading hotfix 

Great! I didn't think of doing that since I don't use the xBox app except for playing AOE2. I bought my MSFS2020 at the MS Store and always only updated from there in the past.

1 minute ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Great! I didn't think of doing that since I don't use the xBox app except for playing AOE2. I bought my MSFS2020 at the MS Store and always only updated from there in the past.

I think since SU5 you can only update via Xbox app, very annoying. 

Edited by garlicbread11

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Since the original thread for SU5 has been bumped down to wherever, I guess I'll put this here. For what it's worth, I am fairly happy with SU5 overall. The sim is now the smoothest it has ever been for me even with a higher setting than previously (I'm now running a combination of mostly ultra and some high settings locked at 30 FPS at 1080P on my modest GPU and aging CPU - specs in sig). Not only have the micro stutters been greatly reduced and the FPS more consistent now, but the biggest plus for me is that the stutter-pauses around the Melbourne area which have been there for me ever since the second update back in September last year (some of which freezes the sim for up to 15+ seconds and making the area pretty much unflyable for me) has finally been fixed! This alone makes SU5 a winner in my book. Of course, panning the view around does cause the scenery to be redrawn due to the rendering changes, but this doesn't really bother me as after the scenery has been redrawn, it looks stunning with the higher setting I can now run with. All in all, I'm a happy camper. 😊

Edited by Honnli
  • Like 1

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

The problem is there are very technical users and programmers in the DEV forums that are having all kinds of CTD issues, this was not true in previous updates for the most part. They know where to look and how to troubleshoot, but it has gotten to be a bit of a mess to be honest. There are too many issues that are not just from the normal update, they are from internal changes Asobo felt to merge due to Xbox. They should have kept more of the changes separated as best as possible.

I am glad some people are having success, I can also get a copy of MSFS working to 100% in a vanilla setup using only certain planes, but even some of the default planes are causing CTD's in certain case. It's not a good update, some people just happen to be flying a certain config or scenery area where there are no CTD, but even a fresh clean install many of us can cause reproducible CTD's in this version, that wasn't true very often in the past (occasionally, but not like this update).

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

4 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

I think since SU5 you can only update via Xbox app, very annoying. 

That's strange. In the three threads about this problem on the FlightSimulator forum, many people claimed to have managed to trigger the update from the MS Store (in one dozen different convoluted ways) and there was no mention that it ought to be done from the xBox store. (There was one mention by a guy who said it had worked for him, but I had tried also and no update was available there either; I didn't guess that I might have had to repair or reinstall the xBox app.)

2 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

After the hotfix 1.18.14.0 the throttle (Logitech G940) is not working.

There are definitely issues with the controls.

My Saitek TrimWheel didn't work properly (was inverted and only worked downwards from 90°) after the update and once more after the hotfix. I reassigned it and reset Sensitivities to Default and that made it usable again. Hope this will hold during the next restarts.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Glad to see you solved it.

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

40 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Changing from Ultra to High helped with a couple of reflection artifacts i was seeing, but it didn't solve the biggest problem unfortunately.

Tried a run over the Thames. The artifacts I saw (black shards) seem to come from the tile joints. And the reflection is indeed borked too. I also saw that with watermasks.  It seems that a top layer rendering is "LODed" (poor chocie of words I know).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Repairing XBOX worked for me.

Did you buy FS2020 through the MS Store or are you subscribing through the Xbox PC Game pass?