Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.14.0 is now live!

4 minutes ago, Greazer said:

CPU and RAM have been better optimized in SU5.  That's great, but the GPU / VRAM is in a sorry state.

The sim is not making anywhere near full use of GPU resources.

Specifically the code that loads and frees objects, trees, buildings etc from VRAM is not doing the job.  Even with tweaks to the config file it is only marginally better.

Asobo need to make an urgent fix.

Not sure how your GPU is using so little vram.  While it's definitely reduced on my 2060 Super it will still use a good 7.5 of my 8Gb in the heavier areas.

2 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

What does disappoint me a bit are water reflections.  

I noticed some weird reflection artifacts on water this evening as well.  I turned reflections down from Ultra to High and that improved things quite noticeably for me.  Might be worth a try.

5 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I noticed some weird reflection artifacts on water this evening as well.  I turned reflections down from Ultra to High and that improved things quite noticeably for me.  Might be worth a try.

I noticed the water reflections also didn't think about lowering the setting I'll try that out.

20 minutes ago, Greazer said:

CPU and RAM have been better optimized in SU5.  That's great, but the GPU / VRAM is in a sorry state.

The sim is not making anywhere near full use of GPU resources.

Specifically the code that loads and frees objects, trees, buildings etc from VRAM is not doing the job.  Even with tweaks to the config file it is only marginally better.

Asobo need to make an urgent fix.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:08 AM, Greazer said:

Actually you need to get up to speed, learn, comprehend and understand.

So now do you comprehend and understand what I have been saying all along?. You kept bashing me all along without even having the SU5.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

These MSFS SU's and WU's and subsequent hotfixes, make me remember the old days with P3D. At each P3D incremental update -and maybe one or two hotfixes just after-, several add-ons had to be updated for compatibility issues, and all was done until the next update, but that happened every five/six months.

With MSFS, things are starting to look the same, but with the important difference that is happening almost every one/two months. Bad signal.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, michap7 said:

Still the same amount of CTDs after the hotfix. Cannot complete on single flight. Always Microsoft.NET\Framework64 related... 😟

-------------------------

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4400.0, Zeitstempel: 0x60b90751
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000669e90
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x25b4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d78566597d2013
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: 0d957c51-5385-43ea-9523-8f5596437041
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

Hallo @michap7 looks like not related to MSFS.

Windows updated to latest stand?

And if you can, check the registry but make a copy of it before you make any changes.

Gruss Detlef

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

With MSFS, things are starting to look the same, but with the important difference that is happening almost every one/two months. Bad signal.

Ed, vastly different situation--it's lately (probably the last 4-6 months) been all about the Xbox port.  The next few months will remain a bit frantic until PC version is optimized, but after that I would look for it to settle down nicely w/ a focus on WU's and enhancing the SDK.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Very happy here, no CTD, no stutters and a substantial FPS improvement, no more Track IR pop ins

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

So now do you comprehend and understand what I have been saying all along?. You kept bashing me all along without even having the SU5.

Okay, okay, I was wrong!  Happy now?

5 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Not had any problems with any other update, now I can’t even update. Launch sim tells me I need to update, go to windows store, takes me to Xbox app then just says “play” tried resetting and closing app but no joy

Any luck since posting? I have a similar problem. Never had this problem before. After launching FS2020, the app tells me an update is available from the MS store, then quits and launches the MS Store app. (I had bought the app from the store after cancelling my xBox PC game pass). But there is no update available. Rebooted the PC a few times. No effect. Checking for updates in the MS Store yields the message that all my trusted apps are up to date. It also says that FS2020 was last updated on July 27th. (That was SU5). Still can't launch the sim. It checks for updates, tells me an update from the MS Store is mandatory, closes down and opens the MS Store where I am told that the sim us up to date.

Edited by Pierre-Normand
Grammar

Hotfix has cleared up my CTD on "Quit to desktop". After SU5 every shutdown I got CTD shortly after hitting the yes button to close out, Windows event viewer showed Event ID: 1000; Exception code: 0xc0000005.

Keeping my fingers crossed it won't come back...looks for wood to knock on, rubs rabbits foot.

EDIT - 2 new issues:

1.) Can't load a flight into Dreamflight KTEB-Teterboro, but I can fly into it no problem.

2.) Two end of flights in a row when I turn off the battery master in the JustFlight Arrow IV the sim acts like its going to go to the log page, but instead it freezes in the cockpit view (with battery master switch still highlighted in blue) with continued CPU, GPU and memory activity. Still sitting after the last flight waiting to see if it unfreezes - been about 10 min. now.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

16 minutes ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Any luck since posting? I have a similar problem. Never had this problem before. After launching FS2020, the app tells me an update is available from the MS store, then quits and launches the MS Store app. (I had bought the app from the store after cancelling my xBox PC game pass). But there is no update available. Rebooted the PC a few times. No effect. Checking for updates in the MS Store yields the message that all my trusted apps are up to date. It also says that FS2020 was last updated on July 27th. (That was SU5). Still can't launch the sim. It checks for updates, tells me an update from the MS Store is mandatory, closes down and opens the MS Store where I am told that the sim us up to date.

When it says "All your trusted apps are up to date", have you tried clicking on the Microsoft Flight Simulator line in your apps list, anyway, to see if that will trigger the update?

Also, it may not be the same for everyone, but when I first launched the Store, there was an update for the actual store app.... the MSFS update did not appear until I had updated the store.

Final thing, when you shut down the Store app, to restart (refresh) it, make sure it is definitely fully closing - sometimes it just hides into the tray tools and is not fully restarting.

Just ideas. Hope you get it working.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

30 minutes ago, solito said:

Very happy here, no CTD, no stutters and a substantial FPS improvement, no more Track IR pop ins

It's looking a little better here too, versus the first few flights.  As others have mentioned there are a slew of users who can benefit from using more VRAM and even Xbox Series X hass 10Gb of VRAM assignable as VRAM, so I would look for optimizations and more detail to return sometime hopefully sooner than later.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

24 minutes ago, JYW said:

"Just ideas. Hope you get it working."

Thanks, I tried all three of your suggestions, to no avail. I also tried to repair the FS2020 app, reset the MS Store app, rebooted the PC a few more times. I'm still caught in this loop. FS2020 always tell me a mandatory update is available, closes down, and opens the MS Store where there is no update available. Lastly, I tried uninstalling the MS Store app, but it seems like it's part of Windows 10 and the option for uninstalling it is greyed out. 

42 minutes ago, somiller said:

Hotfix has cleared up my CTD on "Quit to desktop". After SU5 every shutdown I got CTD shortly after hitting the yes button to close out, Windows event viewer showed Event ID: 1000; Exception code: 0xc0000005.

Keeping my fingers crossed it won't come back...looks for wood to knock on, rubs rabbits foot.

Hasn't cured that one for me.   Maybe one in ten shutdowns are ok, the rest of the time its CTD every time.   

Still, if you're going to have CTD's there's worse times to get them 🙂