Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.14.0 is now live!

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Hmm, did you check for like a profile issue tied to the XBOX Live thing?
That's weird, I'd be interested to know when you figure it out what it was.

I could provide other suggestions, but they mostly involving reinstalling Windows, or at the very least reinstalling the SIM.

The XBox Live profile looks good.

The issues is when MSFS starts and first there is the black window that should change into the MSFS loading screen.

When the XBox Live App is not running then after the black screen there is no MSFS loading screen and I am back at the desktop.

Running the XBoxLive App makes MSFS start normally.

The other pc does not have the XBoxLive Apo installed so I am wondering whether or not that has to do with it. Like if it is installed it must run before MSFS starts normally.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

First flight since hotpatch. Ended in CTD (ntdll.dll). Oh, brother...

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I actual got one positive thing out off this hotfix xD while testing some stuff that might have caused CTDs I was able to verify that an older bug was fixed and my workaround for OCI is longer needed 🙂 - Sadly this was not visible from any Change-Log 😞

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

15 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

I actual got one positive thing out off this hotfix xD while testing some stuff that might have caused CTDs I was able to verify that an older bug was fixed and my workaround for OCI is longer needed 🙂 - Sadly this was not visible from any Change-Log 😞

Great to hear Kaii 

One step after the other 🤠

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, stratone said:

Hallo @michap7 looks like not related to MSFS.

Windows updated to latest stand?

And if you can, check the registry but make a copy of it before you make any changes.

Gruss Detlef

Hi! Windows is up to date, all hotfixes installed. Manual reinstallation of NET.Framework is not possible. What do you mean by checking the registry? via cmd sfc /scannow? Still CTD on any flight (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll)

Grüsse, Micha

Edited by michap7

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Great to hear Kaii 

One step after the other 🤠

yeah, but sadly 2 steps back.... Stuff that has been working is now causing CTDs..... But yeah we are getting closer, at least for our AIG traffic i can implement a temporary workaround in AIGTC to prevent CTDs caused by the current bug, this way we can still test other stuff.

A detailed Report about the CTD will be send to MS and ASOBo after the weekend 🙂

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 hour ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Did you buy FS2020 through the MS Store or are you subscribing through the Xbox PC Game pass? 

purchased through MS Store

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

7 hours ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Thanks, I tried all three of your suggestions, to no avail. I also tried to repair the FS2020 app, reset the MS Store app, rebooted the PC a few more times. I'm still caught in this loop. FS2020 always tell me a mandatory update is available, closes down, and opens the MS Store where there is no update available. Lastly, I tried uninstalling the MS Store app, but it seems like it's part of Windows 10 and the option for uninstalling it is greyed out. 

Did you try opening the menu under  the top right 3 dots at the MS Store app  ? There is an updating option

2 minutes ago, harleywolf said:

I always have CTDs when flyilng around EDDF with all aircrafts. Hotfix is installed.

Maybe we should all have a look at the cause of each CTD via the Windows event logger and collect the reasons in this thread?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solito said:

Did you try opening the menu under  the top right 3 dots at the MS Store app  ? There is an updating option

Yes, it listed all of my apps, including FS2020, and claimed that they were all up to date. Anyway, I tried a suggestion provided at the FlightSimulator forum and rather than updating, it irrevocably broke my installation. So I had to reinstall the whole shebang from scratch. I have the latest version now (1.18.14.0). It took 7 hours to download.

4 hours ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Did you buy FS2020 through the MS Store or are you subscribing through the Xbox PC Game pass? 

Gamepass plus deluxe prem from marketplace

Well, I thought I never have to say that but count me in.  I never shared the frustrations other people experienced, never had any (inexplicable!) crashes and barely any explicable (community content related) either, because I didn't even really start to install that stuff much.  My community folder is empty since SU3 or so.  That computer is purpose-built for FS and doesn't get used for anything else, or even turned on when I don't want to fly.

Pre hotfix I didn't have any issues either, except for a reproducible Apphang event when I try to load one of my 2 payware airports (Orbx Orcas Is.).  Installation went smooth as always, spent all day testing performance all over the world, no crashes. Yesterday I installed the hotfix and stopped flying patterns for testing and just flew A to B... heading E from Asheville, after half an hour CTD (Appcrash in the .exe).  I just flew EDDH->EDDW (something I did 100 times before), during approach -> CTD (same Appcrash, different offset address).  I can't say the hotfix made things worse but I can say for sure it didn't prevent crashes either.  From my POV - and I'm aware that everyone claims the same with every darn update - since I didn't do anything different than before, stability was severely compromised by SU5 and this shouldn't have been released in this state.

My suspicion is that if it is all smooth sailing for you, it's just that you were not at one of the places or met the right combination of conditions to trigger a crash.  Whatever it is, for the time being FS is more or less bricked and submitting the event logs to Zendesk will be the the last thing I'll be doing with FS for the time being.  I can wait, but I feel for anyone who just can't.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RobJC said:

j6MyAJt.jpg

The saturation looks like FSX

• Like 1

My experience with the patch has improved. No ctd, some long pauses remain, not too much scenery popping when panning (at least I find what's left acceptable), but clouds are still ugly, lighting is a bit off, and the general impression is that definition has been lowered.

Just my observations.

A.

• Upvote 1