Sign in to follow this  
solito

Cockpit tooltips text too big

I noticed after SU5 that the cockpits tooltips text is exageratedly big, as I dont want to disable them, is there a way to make them smaller  ?

Thanks

• Like 3

+1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

No, I turn them off, this one of the Xbox features that have been forced up on us that I dislike.

• Like 2

| Intel I9 10900K | Corsair 32Gb 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix OC 2080Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB |

Probably optimized for 4K.

7700K@4.8 GHz - MSI Z270-A Pro - 4x8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3000 MHz - ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI @1683 MHz - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Saitek X-55 'Rhino', ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W10 Home 64 - P3D v4 - XP11 - MSFS

At 4k you can use and read much smaller text easily.

More likely the decision was made in targeting those playing at a distance from the couch.

• Like 2

The only reason I use tooltips is to verify settings.  Now I'm getting no info on switch positions or settings (is it ON or OFF - am I at 94% or 98%?).  And yes, the text/font is now too large.

• Like 4

Randall Rocke

You can reduce the UI scale in the general->accessibility menu, that makes the tooltips smaller.

Turn them off, they are useless now anyway. They used to give the readings on heading , altimeter etc, now all they do is name the gauge. I know where the ##@  altimeter is. I guess that is for the X boxers. 

• Like 3

spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney(maintenance)  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

I turned them off, but they are still there and so big that they block the instrument you're trying to adjust and just won't go away.

Ryzen 5600X, AM4, 6 Core 12 thread - Nvidia 3070 founders edition - 32 Gig RAM - Windows 10 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 1920 x 1080

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Turn them off, they are useless now anyway. They used to give the readings on heading , altimeter etc, now all they do is name the gauge. I know where the ##@  altimeter is. I guess that is for the X boxers. 

They continue being useful, as you get information at alt pressure, course at VOR and HSI, heading, etc. There should be a way to configure the text size

coming back to this topic, how do i turn those useless tooltips off ? I deactivated everything under assistance but they still show up

Carsten U

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

coming back to this topic, how do i turn those useless tooltips off ? I deactivated everything under assistance but they still show up

Haven't you explored the options? Go and have a root around in there. There's a treasure trove of stuff you can switch off or turn on. I'm guessing you're bilingual so not without more than fair share of intelligence.

Meant kindly.

New World Order. Coming along nicely eh? 😏

My Paints On MediaFire

5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Haven't you explored the options? Go and have a root around in there. There's a treasure trove of stuff you can switch off or turn on. I'm guessing you're bilingual so not without more than fair share of intelligence.

Meant kindly.

i did ... Everything deactivated but they are still there

Carsten U

On 8/1/2021 at 7:14 PM, Bobsk8 said:

ideally, there should be an option to show either just the reading or the entire label, perhaps even with a configurable delay between the two.

Flightsim PC:
AMD 3900x (stock) with Scythe Mugen 5 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB Nvme SSD | Corsair RM850x PSU | Fractal Define 7 XL case
Output: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 Gsync | Logitech Z906 speakerset
Controllers: Wooting 2 keyboard | Logitech Mouse | Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

These are the settings, highlighted in yellow. Restart the simulator after you have set and saved them.

3.jpg