Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Excellent side by side SU4 to SU5 performance comparison

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Then do me the favor of not mischaracterizing what I have said, or hinting however obliquely about "Motives".

Mischaracterized what? I am still waiting for your apologies for suggesting that I am involved in conspiracy theories and then for selectively quoting me.

A.

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

The game has had a major overhaul with 40gigs of engine rewriting - so forget the 1 year thing, it was released in a beta state at best. The clock starts now as far as I’m concerned and Asobo will now expand and improve upon the PC because they have a modern game engine to build from.

weather, water, graphic settings will all improve further - they have said as much in the Q&As.

honestly I have no idea how anyone could have been happy with the way the game was running before.

What makes you think that it is not in a beta stage now? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, neil0311 said:

You’re obviously entitled to your opinion, but I couldn’t feel more differently.

Memory usage and CPU usage went down with SU5. FPS went up. The visuals are stunning. Don’t want to keep repeating myself, but I honestly don’t see the details that some of you see, but I’m not looking for it.

This version is so much better than anything we’ve seen in the past. I enjoy it as it is. Control what you can, accept what you can’t, and know the difference between the two.

In this post, some facts are mixed with some (legitimate) opinions. They remain opinions nevertheless.

This version is worse than SU4, because SU4 was better visually (and I could dial back some sliders to help my non-top system) and was STABLE (I had no ctd's in months. These are also facts, and no dialectics are going to change them.

Another fact is that, surprising as it may sound to you, I don't need your advice on how to live my life. Not even when it's about less important things like a hobby.

So, please, spare the patronizing attitude and kindly show some respect. After all, we all wish to have a better MSFS in the future, don't we?

A.

Edited by ADamiani

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Typical action when people have a shaky point they are trying to prove,  quote someone, but their quote due to their careful editing of what they quote, makes their point seem stronger. Politicians do this all the time. 

But sometimes they find other people who are even more used to politics ...

A.

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What makes you think that it is not in a beta stage now? 

Nothing 

next question- and try to be optimistic 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 minute ago, hanhamreds said:

Nothing 

next question- and try to be optimistic 

I am optimistic, just living in reality, no fantasy. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am optimistic, just living in reality, no fantasy. 

Think long term, we are still in the first innings and facing the new ball👍

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

6 hours ago, ADamiani said:

I knew that the word "conspiracy" was coming out sooner or later. And spare that condescending tone: it only shows your lack of respect towards other people.

All I can say is that if you find my tone condescending, then please, please and pretty please: block me, cause the "now I'm the injured party" stuff is going nowhere with me at this point.

Usually, I'm pretty even tempered and level headed. But at a certain point, enough is enough.

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Typical action when people have a shaky point they are trying to prove,  quote someone, but their quote due to their careful editing of what they quote, makes their point seem stronger. Politicians do this all the time. 

That must make you a ten term senator.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

All I can say is that if you find my tone condescending, then please, please and pretty please: block me, cause the "now I'm the injured party" stuff is going nowhere with me at this point.

Even among some pretty tight competition, I don’t remember any Avsim user quite so frequently and openly demanding respect and apologies.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Usually, I'm pretty even tempered and level headed. But at a certain point, enough is enough.

That must make you a ten term senator.

You have insulting people honed to a fine edge. 

Edited by Bobsk8

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You have insulting people honed to a fine edge.

Considering you jumped up to speak of me sotto voice as if I was not even here..... And chose to start throwing around names (i'll assume the term you used that the system blocked was probably (maybe even hopefully) fanboi.... My answer to you is...

Whatever.

Ya' know something? Over the years I have seen you get kicked around quite a bit on here for..... reasons.

It's been a conscious personal decision (not exactly sure why) never to get involved in that sort of thing (again not sure why) in your case.

To bad your decision was otherwise.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 hours ago, ADamiani said:

This version is worse than SU4, because SU4 was better visually (and I could dial back some sliders to help my non-top system) and was STABLE (I had no ctd's in months. These are also facts, and no dialectics are going to change them.

SU5 is worse than SU4 FOR YOU -- but not for me. SU4 was better visually FOR YOU --  but not for me. SU4 was more stable FOR YOU -- but not for me. I am sorry that your experience with SU5 has been negative, but my own experience happens to be the exact opposite. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to decide that "facts" are what you declare them to be. "These are facts, and no dialectics are going to change them"? I have about had it with the arrogant nonsense emanating from some individuals. Enough is enough.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Some people seem to feel that way. I will allude to a poll on this very forum hinting that even within the confines of Avsim, this segment, while loud, is/was far from a majority.

Within the wider community comprising the millions of "others" who purchased the sim, I doubt this is even on the radar.

And what is that supposed to mean? 

The masses are happy with the Maneskin but we used to have Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Queen.

The masses are happy with McDonald.

The masses were happy with Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi.

I really don't care... in the development of the sim I see degradation of water, draw distance, illumination, objects popping in at less than one mile, and I would like to have separate branches of development for PC and console because FS has always been traditionally a PC game. Now it looks like a bad console port.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

6 hours ago, cobalt said:

SU5 is worse than SU4 FOR YOU -- but not for me. SU4 was better visually FOR YOU --  but not for me. SU4 was more stable FOR YOU -- but not for me. I am sorry that your experience with SU5 has been negative, but my own experience happens to be the exact opposite. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to decide that "facts" are what you declare them to be. "These are facts, and no dialectics are going to change them"? I have about had it with the arrogant nonsense emanating from some individuals. Enough is enough.

So you are saying that after SU5:

1) you have no ctd's

2) your memory footprint is not reduced

3) you have no graphics degradation

4) you are not experiencing simplified lighting

5) you observe clouds at the same level of detail as before

6) for you, weather is working perfectly

Is this what you mean?

Notice that (1), (2), (3), (4) have been confirmed by the devs, either as achievements (2) or as bugs (the others). These are FACTS.

That you are not observing them is something that makes your experience better, good for you.

Other people ARE observing them and would like to have the product restored at least to its previous state, with sliders to allow those with a non-top hardware (like me: no 30xx here) to have good fps.

For the first time in the history of videogames, when some people ask to solve problems and improve the product with upcoming updates, others say "no, the game is fine the way it is".

I really do not understand.

A.