Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Version 2109.2 -Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod

9 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Using this mod since months and now the NEW one with the go for the SU5 update and the 1000NXI mod - so just a great way to fly.

And thanks to WT for this fine 1000NXI Job, great work, well done !

cheers 😉

And the C208 mod team too. Just shows what can be done with a Asobo  aircraft and a bit of tweaking.This is payware quality stuff for free .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petejohno1 said:

And the C208 mod team too.

Shure, that was also meaned with my post !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Shure, that was also meaned with my post !

cheers 😉

Yep. missed that.  great job by both. 

https://flightsim.to/file/258/nature-air-cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ex-livery-pack 

Out of that Nature Air pack this is the one I fly the most.   It's got a memorial plaque on the rear bulkhead of the cabin.   http://natureair.com/

5_SDjZao.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

https://flightsim.to/file/3872/mokulele-big-island-air-cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ex-livery 

VHJb9PX8.jpg?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

(I had a photo of the artist airbrushing N2105,  but I can't find it)  I was originally owned and painted by "Big Island Air",  and then acquired by Mokulele.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokulele_Airlines

n2150-big-island-air-cessna-208b-grand-c

https://flightsim.to/file/454/factory-demonstartion-cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ex-livery    This one was a Cessna factory demo paint for the 208,  which is kind of cool.   I use it in the Himalaya's.

yPr6Yfjb.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

https://flightsim.to/file/1220/cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ethnos360-missionary-bush-pilot  -  https://www.youtube.com/c/MissionarybushPilot

7abFVfiC.jpg?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't care what anyone says,  this thing looks sexy with the right floats on it.    A proper livery would set it off. 

Owning one would be money in the bank in the right area.

jlk.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I don't care what anyone says,  this thing looks sexy with the right floats on it.    A proper livery would set it off. 

Owning one would be money in the bank in the right area.

Bush League legends was going to do an amphibian mod afaik.  Not sure of the status.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for posting this, the 208 is my fav plane in the game. Im really impressed with the stock planes and appreicate greatly the work of the modders. 

• Like 1

Thanks,  Simon!

If anyone is interested in some 208B STOL action tonight,  all are welcome.   It's just for fun.

san-francisco-3394456_1920_splash.jpg

Welcome to the 50th flight event in the Gunpilot’s Challenging Flights adventure series. This challenging flights event has all of us putting our bush landing skills to the test while being “Urban Cowboys”, flying our Caravans around the San Francisco Bay area, and is again guaranteed to give you more of the heart pounding and sweaty palms experience that you have come to expect from Gunpilot’s flight events.

.
This flight is a bit different to our usual bush soirees in that we will be flying extensively around the San Francisco Bay, with landing and flying challenges such as:
*looping over and under the Golden Gate Bridge,
*“threading the needle” (try and guess what this challenge will entail),
*Bridge landings,
*and of course a gliding task.

Come and join in the fun as we celebrate the 50th, yes 50th!, flying event hosted in this server.

For those who are relatively new to the sim, or multiplayer experience, this flight is sure to make you re-think what fun can be had in the sim. We have an ever growing core group of flyers who will welcome you with open arms and make you feel like one of the gang in no time flat. As well, we have between all of us a wealth of knowledge re the intricacies of the sim and any questions you may have will be answered along the way as we fly the flight plan.                                                                                                                                                                                     
When: Friday 10th September @ 2300 UTC

Where: San Francisco, USA

Flight Duration: Approx 3hrs (depending on numbers attending)

Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan (as always as flight planned around Caravan performance)

Server: SOUTH EAST ASIA

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/KUzdN8aM (click on “#event-news”)

Voice Chat accessed by clicking on Comms Radio
###Sometimes there are music tracks played - to turn the volume either up or down for your individual liking just right click on Rythm tag in the list of people on Comms Radio and adjust as you wish###

San Fran Caravan.pln (6.0 KB)

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Cessna Caravan as all landing and other challenges built into flight are
tailored for this aircraft specifically

Turn Damage mode off as you will most likely suffer at least hard
landings if not full on crashes

Bring plenty of Duc Tape for running repairs

Crash Helmets are optional, Prayers are advisable

Embrace “SLEW” as it will be your friend by the end of the flight

Practicing to make Caravan landing approaches at IAS of between 40-50knts max will see you nailing difficult landings with ease and precision.

Make it easy on yourself to navigate around the route and accurately pinpoint the exact landing areas by downloading and using the free “LittleNavMap” s/w you can get on the web - you will never open the standard sim VFR Map again once you have tried this fantastic app that integrates seamlessly with MSFS2020.

San_Francisco_Bay_Area_Water_Trail_Vision_Map.jpg

On 9/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, simon747 said:

For ppl using the Caravan and the modded version; these new sounds are brilliant and really help bring the PT6 up a notch, their 787 ones are great too:

https://www.patreon.com/m/3377686/posts?filters[tag]=MSFS

Simon

To get these seems to require yet another subscription - no thanks.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Yes, it is payware.  You can end your sub for it and pay just two dollars etc.  I use many of his packages and it makes a big difference in FS 2020 as all sounds need some help.  This gives the PTA6A a new life, trust me!

• Like 1

Simon

How do you know how much fuel per hour you are burning with the g1000 nxi on the Cessna 208?  I click the engine button but don't get anything.  Is there something I am missing or has fuel burn not been added to the G1000 nxi for the Cessna 208.

Thanks,

Josh

On 9/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, Gilandred said:

I’m using the mod being developed by Bush League Legends.  It seems to be under more active development, although I can’t say for sure which one is better.  They updated it to beta version 1.8 to fix some autopilot issues after the garmin nxi was updated yesterday.

https://discord.gg/6HRHb354

Where to find this mod for C208B ?. Looked around at fligtsim.to , cannot find. Thanks

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Just now, jwhak said:

How do you know how much fuel per hour you are burning with the g1000 nxi on the Cessna 208?  I click the engine button but don't get anything.  Is there something I am missing or has fuel burn not been added to the G1000 nxi for the Cessna 208.

Thanks,

Josh

Should be coming in future releases for NXi , I think. Would be good.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ