Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

It asks me to start in safe mode after the update...

Hello,

So since WU6 got installed, everytime I fire up the sim it asks me if I'd like to start in safe mode because my last session was ended unexpectedly.

First I intentionally quit the sim, second everything is up to date, third my community folder is empty.

Anyone got this too or has an idea what might be causing this issue?

I'd really like to avoid another instalation marathon...

Edited by ThomseN_inc

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Have you tried starting it in safe mode, and then quitting normally? 

Maybe that will help.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Hello,

So since WU6 got installed, everytime I fire up the sim it asks me if I'd like to start in safe mode because my last session was ended unexpectedly.

First I intentionally quit the sim, second everything is up to date, third my community folder is empty.

Anyone got this too or has an idea what might be causing this issue?

I'd really like to avoid another instalation marathon...

It is the new feature of SU6 but I did not like it, either. Safe mode willdelete all the content in the community folder, as it says in the update summary.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

4 minutes ago, kt069 said:

It is the new feature of SU6 but I did not like it, either. Safe mode willdelete all the content in the community folder, as it says in the update summary.

It does NOT delete anything from the Community Folder. It simply ignores the Community Folder (and Market Place) for that session. Please go and carefully read this: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405893759378

...jim

• Like 9

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

8 minutes ago, kt069 said:

I dont remember reading that.- What safe mode does is disabling (not deleting) all third party addons, no only those in the community folder 

Safe Mode should be a good confirmation on if your issues are because of addons or not, without having to rename the Community folder. 

I don't think it deletes anything.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

14 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Have you tried starting it in safe mode, and then quitting normally? 

Maybe that will help.

Yes I did. And I can simply click on "run in normal" mode and everything seems to work as usually except I get this warning the next time I start Msfs. It's quite annoying 😕

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Yes I did. And I can simply click on "run in normal" mode and everything seems to work as usually except I get this warning the next time I start Msfs. It's quite annoying 😕

That is weird. And you installed the content in Marketplace and updated things in Content Manager? 

4 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What exactly is "quitting normally" for you? What exactly are you doing when quitting the game. What button are you clicking to quite the game?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I'm pretty sure that any other method of closing the sim other than "quit to desktop" and letting MSFS shut itself down will be considered an unexpected termination and result in safe mode notification

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Why not simply informing you what addon caused the crash, or addon xyz will not load because of incompatibility??? This message will confuse users, because they don't know why 'safe mode'. 

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

23 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Why not simply informing you what addon caused the crash, or addon xyz will not load because of incompatibility??? This message will confuse users, because they don't know why 'safe mode'. 

This is covered and explained in the release notes for this safe mode feature which was available during the update or on the official forums.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405893759378

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

7 hours ago, JimBrown said:

What exactly is "quitting normally" for you? What exactly are you doing when quitting the game. What button are you clicking to quite the game?

...jim

Quitting normally is using the "quit to Desktop button".

7 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I got this once and clicked "run in normal" and didn't get it after that because I didn't crash or ctrl+alt+del out of the sim. If you exit normally you are not supposed to see that again.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I'm pretty sure that any other method of closing the sim other than "quit to desktop" and letting MSFS shut itself down will be considered an unexpected termination and result in safe mode notification

Not true.  I inadvertently closed the sim without using quit to desktop and it did not confront me the next time on startup.  I clicked on the X at the top right of the screen. 

Later, I neglected to recall that selecting Unreal Weather from the World page (for the first time, or for the first time after having removed it from Community and then later adding it back to Community) would stall/freeze MSFS from loading the flight.  Had to use Task Manager to close MSFS and then when starting the next time I was greeted with the Safe or Normal routine.  I chose Normal and after that all was well.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere