Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

MSFS Freeware: New York City Landmarks

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks for your comments.

I'm planning to add close to 20 more buildings in an upcoming update next week, probably earlier.

Ed, I didn't realize this was your doing, wow look at you hiding those talents!!  Awesome work, thank you so much!  "Any" chance of showing the NY heliports some love 🙂   We've got a few reasons to use them now especially with the Robinson this am!  

Thank you Ed!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

22 minutes ago, psolk said:

Ed, I didn't realize this was your doing, wow look at you hiding those talents!!  Awesome work, thank you so much!  "Any" chance of showing the NY heliports some love 🙂   We've got a few reasons to use them now especially with the Robinson this am!  

Thank you Ed!

Thanks Paul for your kind words.

Will look into the NY heliports, it would be something nice to add.

I know one heliport open to the general public that was located on the shore near Hudson river that I took for a ride with my family some years ago. That was really scary. I'll never forget my wife asked the pilot to stay in front of the Empire State building (at 3,000 ft) for a minute to take some pictures and the pilot put that machine inclined at 45 deg towards the building and at that moment I felt everybody was about to slide down the cabin. And to that, you'd have to add the persistent side movement of the helicopter that made us feel sick during the entire ride. Never again!.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

In case my earlier question was missed, is there any chance this could be made possible with Sam Scenes New York scenery? Cheers.

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

In case my earlier question was missed, is there any chance this could be made possible with Sam Scenes New York scenery? Cheers.

Sorry I miss your post. I don't have Samscene NYC, and I know they added more than 200 buildings or so, and did a very nice and complete job overall. No way to know which of the buildings are duplicated.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Brilliant work Ed, thank you for this 👍

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Sincere thanks for this Ed.  Some people have commented it looks too grey, but I think it is about right. 

Some of the commercial packs for the cities are too strong on the colours I think - they look like a cartoon compared to yours!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This is brilliant, Ed. Thank you.

The only thing that lets NYC down now for me is the majority of bridges. There's a bridge pack for sale at Sim Market but I think it's about £20. Seems a little pricey but that's all in the eye of the beholder, of course.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 4:12 AM, spacedyemeerkat said:

This is brilliant, Ed. Thank you.

The only thing that lets NYC down now for me is the majority of bridges. There's a bridge pack for sale at Sim Market but I think it's about £20. Seems a little pricey but that's all in the eye of the beholder, of course.

There are freeware add-ons for the NYC bridges. Check out https://flightsim.to

Edited by cobalt

5 minutes ago, cobalt said:

There are freeware add-ons for the NYC bridges. Check out https://flightsim.to

Just be aware that this is only a sample of a payware product. Only one out of the 29 available Bridges is included in this sample.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just be aware that this is only a sample of a payware product. Only one out of the 29 available Bridges is included in this sample.

You are referring to the "Henry Hudson" product. But there are a number of free add-ons available that cover most if not all the NYC-area bridges, e.g. Verrazano-Narrows, George Washington, Tappan Zee, etc. 

1 minute ago, cobalt said:

You are referring to the "Henry Hudson" product. But there are a number of free add-ons available that cover most if not all the NYC-area bridges, e.g. Verrazano-Narrows, George Washington, Tappan Zee, etc. 

I'm aware of some others, but a bit wary about them all working together.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, cobalt said:

I think the author pulled those and made them into a payware package.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm -- I didn't know that. It must have been fairly recent because I got them as freeware!