Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.19.9.0 is now live!

No problems here, the whole thing took 3 minutes.
Edited by holliwutt

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's a conspiracy to double MS revenue by making MS Store customers buy the Steam version also ... kidding!!  😉

But I do agree with you MSFS update process should be more user friendly. It should be one click and everything that needs updating will get updated (including DLC in content manager ... we're being forced to update anyway so why not do everything that needs updating).  I can't think of any valid reason why customers would NOT want all their "installed" DLC content updated (and other dependencies) as they can be a source of CTDs if not updated.

Cheers, Rob.

Microsoft Store must be doing something really complex for updates like this to cause so many problems.  The logic for the update is simple: 

1. Check if purchased game requires update

2. If purchased game requires update, show update to download to customer

I don't get why Microsoft Store is so garbage.  It's inexcusable that such a fundamental feature for Microsoft Store works so badly.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If I buy the steam version,  are the store and xbox apps out of the picture for good?

I have Steam and a Xbox account that I opened when I bought MSFS. As far as I remember, I had to open it then in addition to the Microsoft account.

Now, I do not have to deal with my Xbox account anymore  when updating as it is automatically opened when I start Windows. For the record, I have no other games here.

I click the desktop MSFS icon to start the sim which connects me to Steam and downloads a launcher. When the launcher is in , I have to click to play the game, validate the update after "the check for updates" page and thats it. The sim goes and find the update all alone. Three clicks. Then of course I have to fetch additional small updates in the Content Manager or a free regional DLC in the market place.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thankfully i have the Steam version, if I had bought my game on MS store I would have deleted it long time ago and bought it again on Steam, life is too short to keep up with this mess.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

I don't recall the update telling me where it was installing or give me the option to change it.  

All installed and working OK though.

The store update doesn't have an option but updates in the sim always have a directory option. That being said, the directory it shows as the default has always been the correct one for me.

FWIW I had issues connecting but realized my VPN was on and after disabling it my update process went pretty smooth.

I have the MS store version , in over a year now I have had zero issues with any and all updates . I always start with the forums for any heads ups on any issues , then off to the MS store for it's update , then straight into the Sim to complete the process like Rob A. has laid out .

Edited by johnbow72
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Installation Issues aside ..

Can anyone please verify that the night lights no longer float when Render Scale is set to above 100% ?

Apart from that and the trees (which they never stated was to be fixed in the hotfix) Is all I'm in here for.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Not appearing in store for me either - tried all the usual/previous tricks including repairing the XBOX app that worked one time still no download in the store. 

CJ

Edited by CJ1045

1 hour ago, RabH said:

I had the same problem, now trying the same flight in safe mode and so far so good! I think the problem was safe mode kept appearing constantly for some people!

I managed to complete my 90 minute flight in safe mode! I only have Navigraph and the Longitude mod in my community folder, I will try one at a time and see what happens...

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

I just started MSFS, after Hotfix, and my cockpit views for the DC6 are screwed up. Going to try a restart. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have the MS Store version.  The past few updates, I have only had success getting the update after right clicking the MSFS shortcut -> more -> app settings and then doing a repair. May be worth a shot for those, like me who can't get seem to get the update to trigger using any other method suggested.

Chris

Just for the record, as always there were no hassles when using the Steam update system.

Like Bezos and Musk, Steam's Gaben Newell became a zillionaire by emphasizing customer service. But he still wears cheap shirts and glasses because at least they fit.

Gaben Newell

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 minutes ago, Fielder said:

But he still wears cheap shirts and glasses because at least they fit.

He wants to try a diet and also take a leaf out of Frank Sinatra’s book. I don’t care how much money he does or doesn’t have, he looks like a ticking health time bomb. 

• Like 5

Rough weather out of JFK...

QmjUQH7.jpg

L3UTxG3.jpg

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro