Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How to eliminate two big sources of remaining stutters.

I'm a bit confused about going into Dev mode..  So it's in flight, and you go into Dev mode, clear the errors, come out of it, save and exit? 

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

Great, thanks I appreciate it.   What happens when the transcript is longer--does it edit out words to keep the length confined?  I'm in the middle of a longer flight so won't try it til later...

It doesn't cut the lines, you will see only the last 4 radio communications.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I haven't had stutters.  Perhaps it is because I don't constantly screw around with stuff........

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm a bit confused about going into Dev mode..  So it's in flight, and you go into Dev mode, clear the errors, come out of it, save and exit? 

It's not necessary to clear the errors.  When you launch the flight from the World Map, hit FLY, and then hit Esc to get back to General Options, then Developer page, then simply turn Dev Mode on then off, save, then resume your flight.  This all but completely stops the spinning indicator with its associated microstutters from appearing--it will display once or twice right when you resume the flight, but then no more.  OF NOTE:  you do lose logging in the Pilot Log book for any flight where you go in and out of Dev Mode, FYI.  This is why I hope they solve this because I do like the Pilot Log feature, but like no microstutters more.

Prior to zendesking this warnings/messages/errors would accumulate quickly in the Dev Mode Console.  I think they might have read my zendesk because fairly shortly after they posted it as SOLVED, I notice the number of warnings/messages/errors went way way down.  Unfortunately the spinning indicator continues to display and with it a brief microstutter.  This is why I have reposted this to zendesk two more times and will continue until they get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm reading that a lot of people aren't seeing (much) live traffic. Is this a temporary lull in another source of microstutters?

Edited by odourboy
dddddd

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Speaking of traffic, I'm not seeing multiplayer traffic at all since SU5. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I am seeing traffic. I had an A320 approaching me down the runway, and it had no wheels? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Wow big improvement! Before the stutter fix ATC was always like this...

" t t  taxiway ch char.... t t taxiway char char...taxiway Canada ! "

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm reading that a lot of people aren't seeing (much) live traffic. Is this a temporary lull in another source of microstutters?

I had a 2 hour flight last night through Florida and Georgia with not a single other plane around. None at the airports, in the skies or on ATC. I even half way through the flight paused, turned off AI traffic, applied, turned it back on, applied and still nothing. Usually I don't have this problem. Just chalked it up to a server issue.

James

On 9/26/2021 at 6:09 AM, MrFuzzy said:

Here is the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztie75f2cx9vzny/ATCStutteringFix.zip?dl=0

No executables, just the ATCstutteringfix folder to be copied into community. 100% safe and it works. It just prevents the transcript to become bigger than 4 lines.

Thanks I'm using the ATCstutteringFix and it's a good work around until Asobo fixes the core issue if possible.  What's counterintuitive is WHY restricting the text to 4 entries is the cause of the stutter, whereas I can appreciate limiting the SPEECH itself might impact the stuttering but that not happening all speech is still there.   To me this suggests they will indeed develop the real solution to the source of the stuttering.  

Cheers

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Thanks I'm using the ATCstutteringFix and it's a good work around until Asobo fixes the core issue if possible.  What's counterintuitive is WHY restricting the text to 4 entries is the cause of the stutter, whereas I can appreciate limiting the SPEECH itself might impact the stuttering but that not happening all speech is still there.   To me this suggests they will indeed develop the real solution to the source of the stuttering.  

Cheers

Don't hold your breath, the bug is there since FS2004 🙂

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Well, never had this in P3D, not even a hint of it, so have to disagree there.

Cheers

Noel

On 9/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, MrFuzzy said:

Here is the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztie75f2cx9vzny/ATCStutteringFix.zip?dl=0

No executables, just the ATCstutteringfix folder to be copied into community. 100% safe and it works. It just prevents the transcript to become bigger than 4 lines.

With this fix installed, does the dev mode still need to be turned on/off?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes, as mentioned there are two known sources of microstutter that anyone can eliminate, the ATC-associated one which this fix addresses, and the spinning logging indicator one which is solved by toggling Dev Mode on/off.  I'm hoping Asobo addresses the ATC issue because you lose any communications before the last 4 statements and sometimes I like to look back beyond those most recent 4.  This being said, just notice if you have stuttering associated w/ the spinning logging indicator.  I don't with every single display of it, but most I do.

Edited by Noel

Noel

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Either way, it doesn't matter.

• Like 1