Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

🙂

Thanks a lot! 

https://www.flightsimulator.com/coming-soon-microsoft-flight-simulator-game-of-the-year-edition/

Here I saw F18. But there is no F18. What about the freeware.. airports.

Last paragraph 

We can’t wait for you to experience this expanded edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator on November 18th. We encourage you to invite your friends to experience the wonders of flight. The sky is calling!

3 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Hi Rob

For some reason I cant figure out how to get HDR working properly on my Sony 43" 4k prob user error 😞 thanks Buddy 

Does the TV definitely support HDR10? Do you have the correct HDMI cable version? Is it connected to the correct HDMI port on the TV (port 2 on my Sony Bravia)? My PC doesn't recognise 4K or HDR unless it's in the correct port. Have you set HDR on in Windows and the sim? Just some initial thoughts and things to check...

• Like 2

Just now, March Hare said:

Does the TV definitely support HDR10? Do you have the correct HDMI cable version? Is it connected to the correct HDMI port on the TV (port 2 on my Sony Bravia)? My PC doesn't recognise 4K or HDR unless it's in the correct port. Have you set HDR on in Windows and the sim? Just some initial thoughts and things to check...

Yes brand new Sony and $80 high speed cable - pic looks all washed out but to be honest I didnt think to check it just at night it was day looked horrible 

Rich Sennett

6 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I just turned on hdr in windows and its all washed out in windows - whats that all about - I would like to try it in sim only not in Windows desktop looks like word not allowed

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

If I'm honest, I haven't typed anything here for a while. Still lurking, but I haven't really had anything positive to say about the last few updates. In fact I was sort of "scared" away from posting critical things here, specifically about the terrain "morphing". That was and is my biggest complaint and since I wasn't seeing it being addressed, I basically packed up my bags and left! haha!

Well, I very apprehensively fired up the update with very low expectations and.... all be darned!!! Don't get me wrong, it's still not perfect, but... a HUGE improvement with this update. Huge!!! (it wasn't listed in the notes but I'll take it!)

I'm sure I'll find some other things to be miffed about in the coming hours and weeks (I'll probably keep them to myself this time around!) but in the meantime.... very good update! 

VERY GOOD! Cheers!

• Like 7

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

3 hours ago, JimBrown said:

That was instructions/information for beta testers. Someone mistakenly thought it applied to everyone.

I was beta tester and the update was some MBs and took 2 minutes...

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The problem isn’t really MSFS. The problem is Windows store is garbage,  This is why Steam purchasers of MSFS have a very smooth experience with updates now while Windows store purchasers of MSFS are still struggling.

No struggle at all today.  Today I did not launch MSFS.  Instead I simply opened the MS Store Windows app and updated directly from it.  Very very smooth.  I did receive any subsequent prompts.  The whole process just ran its course, opening MSFS when the process got to where it needed it open.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think that the Microsoft Store just died.

Now back to 4mbps fingers crossed.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

DX12 Game of the Year Edition Microsoft Store grand opening soon! Sorry for the inconvenience of our store closing now....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Why MS? Why did you needed to delete all my stick and throttle controls when the game updated? Why?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

First Takeoff in the DC6 and engine #3 quit at about 1500 feet. Relaunched, and now everything seems fine. Just a one off I guess. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

31 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I just turned on hdr in windows and its all washed out in windows - whats that all about - I would like to try it in sim only not in Windows desktop looks like word not allowed

This is correct behaviour. It will be fine in the game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Would vote these up so that it can be addressed by the devs:

Can you explain the changes in SU5 that lead to color banding and fringes for many user on SDR monitors and are they fixable? - Community / Dev Q&A: October In Review - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

HDR settings for peak brightness / whitepoint / tone mapping - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 1

BTW I always do my installs this way.

1) Rename install folder to c:\FS2020_Back
2) Uninstall MSFS.
3) Go to MS Store and install from owned list.
4) After  install run and after the ingame updates check select c:/FS2020 for the install.

Note: empty c:/FS2020/cache and c:/FS2020/community before step 4.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

21 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Why MS? Why did you needed to delete all my stick and throttle controls when the game updated? Why?

Have you checked to see if it has reset to the default profile for each of your controllers?