Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

1 minute ago, psolk said:

I'm seeing a new "twitching" in the sim in the 145.  need to try some other A/C to isolate.  

Other than that smooth as can be, MS Store update, then the 8 gig content update delete rolling cache and fly.  No issues. 

Did you do the Content manager updates, there are a few of them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Quoting and not reading =Epic

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks Ill try that but it seems to be working by setting in tv hdr settings - windows see's it and I can change tv settings also while in game changing to different hdr settings but in general graphic sim options hdr10 is grayed out ?

If you have a NVIDIA GPU (I have a GTX1070), check the control panel settings for the RGB range, refresh rate and bit depth. If I recall correctly, you need to have full range set and a bit depth of at least 8 bits -- and you can only seem to do that with specific refresh rates set. I'm not in front of my PC right now to check things, but try having a play with those settings to see if HDR10 then becomes active in the sim. I know I had this problem with it greyed out, so I'm just trying to recall how I fixed it, so apologies if my memory is misleading me, but it can't hurt to try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

crappy UI that some genius at MS came up with

That same genius got you from Win 1.0 to what you have now. LOL. Besides that "crappy UI" as you call it, is not necessarily for you or me, but for the next gens. 

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Mine had a couple of notifications and one of them was "Windows 11 installed" ... What ?????

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Mine had a couple of notifications and one of them was "Windows 11 installed" ... What ?????

Probably a new Win 11 integration trigger with the wrong trigger.

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

15 minutes ago, March Hare said:

If you have a NVIDIA GPU (I have a GTX1070), check the control panel settings for the RGB range, refresh rate and bit depth. If I recall correctly, you need to have full range set and a bit depth of at least 8 bits -- and you can only seem to do that with specific refresh rates set. I'm not in front of my PC right now to check things, but try having a play with those settings to see if HDR10 then becomes active in the sim. I know I had this problem with it greyed out, so I'm just trying to recall how I fixed it, so apologies if my memory is misleading me, but it can't hurt to try.

Thanks much I did play with those settings also turned hdr10 on in usercfg file but still doesnt work no biggie - I have an HLG setting in the video mode in tv settings that works pretty good no messing with windows and in sim HDR10 setting which has always been greyed out since the sim was released 😞 

I have a pc fully water cooled one loop with 2080 super video card so no issues there

10-19-2021-6-04-58-PM.jpg

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks why is HDR grayed out in sim ?

That doesn't seem right Rich. It would be greyed out if the display isn't set up for HDR. Assuming your PC and TV are connected to the right HDMI port, you may want to check the menus on the TV to make sure it's enabled there.

And here's a full guide to confirm the settings in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hdr-settings-in-windows-2d767185-38ec-7fdc-6f97-bbc6c5ef24e6

• Like 1

1st time ever, no connection to MS servers.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Longitude now has a warning sound at initial loading when you turn the power on that you can't shut off.  After further investigation this might be a WT G3000 issue.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

That doesn't seem right Rich. It would be greyed out if the display isn't set up for HDR. Assuming your PC and TV are connected to the right HDMI port, you may want to check the menus on the TV to make sure it's enabled there.

And here's a full guide to confirm the settings in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hdr-settings-in-windows-2d767185-38ec-7fdc-6f97-bbc6c5ef24e6

Thanks Buddy Ill look into it now I am using display port on my 2080 but I will double check tv side on inputs but Sony support did tell me to use port I am using on back of tv

Rich Sennett

5 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Not sure but it doesn't look any or much better than before. At least the sepia mask's still very visible.:kecewa:

UGsl93s.jpg

The look from high altitude in your pic is not much different than P3D...looks terrible.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

word not allowed, update seemed to install ok but now I have no online services at all. Are their servers totally down…?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

FML..

Update frozen at 1%

Has anyone had this happen to them before ? Will the update recover or are some of these files now borked ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders