Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Start xbox app -> start MS store app -> click update -> start MSFS - Click update -> check for additional updates in Content Manager -> Done

I ended a flight. Quit to Desktop. Rebooted.  Started only the standalone MS Store app for Windows.  Found the update and ran it from there.  Didn't also need the xBox or need to start MSFS.  Just the MS Store App.  The process that followed automatically opened MSFS when that was needed by the process.  Very easy this time.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Runs great for me on LOD 400, too good to be true says my sim-update-haunted mind. Though I only did one flight from LPPI in the CJ4, so not really a benchmark situation. But I am already content the sim runs!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Hearing the AI is completely hosed with SU6 and the servers are offline. Can anyone confirm?

Nope - getting live traffic (west-coast server) and this was one of the fastest updates as far as download speeds; servers are still low-ping.

• Like 2

... and TBM930 still CTD from cold&dark 😞

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I saw a Youtube video the other day that said that MS was going to start ramming W 11 down people's throat, looks like that may have started now. Only way to stop it, is disable TPM. 

exactly right. BIOS has a search box. TPM or fTPM set to hardware instead of firmware will disable TPM and Win Update will stop trying to force Win 11 on you.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

"New AIRAC cycle 2110 is now available"

Available? Is there some routine to installing it?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, Fielder said:

exactly right. BIOS has a search box. TPM or fTPM set to hardware instead of firmware will disable TPM and Win Update will stop trying to force Win 11 on you.

Yep. TPM 2.0 is a minimum system requirement so if not activated then your system does not meet requirements.  

My system is only a year old and TPM is currently disabled.  I vaguely recall that I disabled it months ago due to it conflicting with something else, hardware/software, but I just cannot recall what it was.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

9 minutes ago, Nemo said:

... and TBM930 still CTD from cold&dark 😞

If you're using TBM Mod, G3000 and either Navigraph or Shift-Z stat mods, that's the issue. Removing the Shift-Z or Navigraph will solve it. At least it did for me and many others.

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Yep. TPM 2.0 is a minimum system requirement so if not activated then your system does not meet requirements.  

My system is only a year old and TPM is currently disabled.  I vaguely recall that I disabled it months ago due to it conflicting with something else, hardware/software, but I just cannot recall what it was.

Yep, clicking Get Updates made my Windows Update download Win 11 as well. 

So I'm really happy for this message:

oETni1k.jpg

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

14 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Nope - getting live traffic (west-coast server) and this was one of the fastest updates as far as download speeds; servers are still low-ping.

working for me too at LFMN

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

This has probably been the best update for me so far. Very stable performance and the sim looks breathtaking. Running lod 400 and didn't get a performance hit. They also fixed the washed out colors. Picture quality has been greatly improved. I am running in hdr mode on windows 11. Very satisfied !

Oh and gusts are back. Almost crashed on the approach to KMIA. A sudden unexpected downdraft hit my F15 from the left.

• Like 4

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

23 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Are these taking off now or nah?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

46 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Started only the standalone MS Store app for Windows.  Found the update and ran it from there.

I wish I knew what I did wrong when doing this.  MS store only says that I own it and that it is "ready to install".  No mention of updates and does not show "installed".  So I started the sim and it is downloading a "mandatory update" of 132Gb.  Looks like a full install to me...  I hope the various world updates are included!

51 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Runs great for me on LOD 400, too good to be true says my sim-update-haunted mind. Though I only did one flight from LPPI in the CJ4, so not really a benchmark situation. But I am already content the sim runs!

Do you get any stuttering when panning or switching camera views?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply