Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

I know. I'm just a bit confused that MSFS says it downloaded Windows 11. 

It's the livery...

• Like 1

I only had a 4.93 GB downloads for the standard edition. For the first time ever, I actually have a reasonable download speed -- and by reasonable I mean greater than the 5 to 10 Mbits I usually get during these updates. 

Dan Scott

Just now, Cognita said:

I only had a 4.93 GB downloads for the standard edition. For the first time ever, I actually have a reasonable download speed -- and by reasonable I mean greater than the 5 to 10 Mbits I usually get during these updates. 

I had great download speeds, took less than 45 minutes for the entire install. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Downloading my 8,52 GIG Update with nice Music - Locomotive breath from Jethro Tull - superb !!! 🤗😍

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Cognita said:

That means you only got Win 11 Home edition, the larger download is professional 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

After Fs 2020 under W11, I also upgraded FS 2020 under Linux (Steam version)

No problem under W11, no problem under Linux.
FS 2020 under Linux is still slower than under Windows, but I can play with it !

21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im talking about the ground night lighting ASOBO mentioned they fixed with SU6 isnt in the log. 

I do think it is fixed!  I just did a quick test but kind of bright in my room at the moment but night lighting looks greatly improved.  The big blurry orbs are finally gone and it appears the sepia mask has been pushed out further.  Will have to wait until later when it's dark to fully test it out but looks good to me at the moment!

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, ctdlg said:

After Fs 2020 under W11, I also upgraded FS 2020 under Linux (Steam version)

No problem under W11, no problem under Linux.
FS 2020 under Linux is still slower than under Windows, but I can play with it !

Do you did a complete new Install from W11 or did you Update W10 to W11 ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

First impressions:

Tree Draw Distance with LOD 400 seems to have been improved in Arctic regions. 

But you can still clearly see a sharp line where tree coverage stops. And it's only half way to the horizon. This was at Bardufoss, Norway.

And performance seems to be down, but so is GPU usage. Hmm. 

8k8RnuB.jpg

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

FAO: John Fields

John me hearty - during the patch install pay attention to where you are installing it! Make sure the path is correct at the this stage.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, pmplayer said:

Do you did a complete new Install from W11 or did you Update W10 to W11 ?

cheers 😉

I upgraded W10 to W11 !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

Steam..easy peasy.

Last Update from the MS Store resulted in no MSFS for me -  4 days of frustrating research to discover the cause!  I changed to the Steam version - SU6 updated in seconds with no input from me!

Bliss, so glad I changed!

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

went to see if there was any ai live traffic and its says server offline anyone esle having this issue 

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

not sure what the thread about changing paths and doing a lot of extra work was about for this update?

That was instructions/information for beta testers. Someone mistakenly thought it applied to everyone.

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.