Sign in to follow this  
Sylvenzo

PMDG 737 update

1. weather radar might not work in early release, until Asobo fixes SDK

2. terrain radar might work (i think FBW had a working terrain radar at some point, maybe in stable version)

3. full panel save state - this is doubtful.. does their DC6 have it? besides, when you load a saved flight in MSFS, you cannot access the tool bar (i.e. you can't access weather, ATC etc)..

4. sim rate - don't think we can sim at 8X like in ESP days.. new flight model is like X-plane where sim rate is dependent on FPS unlike in ESP..

5. PMDG built in camera shake - may not work, again SDK limitation

6. importing winds aloft, etc.. nah.. 

It will still be a great product, but with these limitations, we expect PMDG to scale down the price as well.. also they have a huge sales volume this time, so there's no need to go north of 100$..

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

It will still be a great product, but with these limitations, we expect PMDG to scale down the price as well.. also they have a huge sales volume this time, so there's no need to go north of 100$..

If they keep it below 100$ that means we, who bought ngxu will get msfs version for free 😄

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

12 hours ago, RobJC said:

I think our definitions of "massive difference" are quite different. There is a difference. But massive? Massive would be 50% difference. This looks more like 10%. Now maybe the running sim experience will be much more pronounced, but these images don't really show that - to me.   

Yeah, there is a difference of course, I agree not that huge cockpit wise. And also randazzo has EA off in p3d, which makes p3d look even more like fs9 or fsx 😃

my only complain for this show off is the flat fmc, and flat surface all around the displays.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

3 hours ago, vin747 said:

1. weather radar might not work in early release, until Asobo fixes SDK

2. terrain radar might work (i think FBW had a working terrain radar at some point, maybe in stable version)

3. full panel save state - this is doubtful.. does their DC6 have it? besides, when you load a saved flight in MSFS, you cannot access the tool bar (i.e. you can't access weather, ATC etc)..

4. sim rate - don't think we can sim at 8X like in ESP days.. new flight model is like X-plane where sim rate is dependent on FPS unlike in ESP..

5. PMDG built in camera shake - may not work, again SDK limitation

6. importing winds aloft, etc.. nah.. 

2. FBW also had working weather radar, but it was - like the terrain radar - the ASOBO default and therefore useless (because non-real and non-customizable), so there will be no terrain radar either, unless Asobo surprises us with a SDK update.

3. Panel state isn't necessarily connected to loading a flight; in P3D you could save the panel state, load a new flight, and reload the panel state, which gave you a technically new flight with the same old aircraft state. This should be possible with MSFS too, because after all it is just a different starting value for knobs and buttons; engine wear and oil quantities and stuff already worked on the DC6, so that will surely be available.

4. The CRJ works quite well with high simrates (at least I didn't notice the AP trying to kill me).

Anything else you are probably spot on. I don't think PMDG has to lower the price for that, because WX radar and generally WX import WILL come at some point in 2022. But yeah, they should be fine going for 80$ too due to the shear mass of sales (as soon as it goes to the marketplace), they made a fortune already with the DC6.

• Like 1

PMDG NG3  going for 80? yeah I will believe that when I see it. They already owe a credit of 99$ to the P3D users who brought the NGu back in November 2019 if they choose to own it in MSFS.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

PMDG NG3  going for 80? yeah I will believe that when I see it. They already owe a credit of 99$ to the P3D users who brought the NGu back in November 2019 if they choose to own it in MSFS.

Not really, since those users also got the P3D version. They could say "so you get that MSFS 737 for free, worth 80 dollars; those 20 dollars were for the p3d version". I mean I wouldn't gain anything if other people have to pay 100 dollars instead of 80. I get it for free in any case

I have a bit of a soft spot for PMDG. Their NG was the first complex aircraft addon I bought for FSX before going over to the dark side 😉 of Airbus. . I remember thinking 'wow, this is next level'. I look forward to the new 737. Aerosoft's Airbus blew me away because it had interactive checklists and every flight was like a mini mission . Exciting times ahead.. 

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not really, since those users also got the P3D version. They could say "so you get that MSFS 737 for free, worth 80 dollars; those 20 dollars were for the p3d version". I mean I wouldn't gain anything if other people have to pay 100 dollars instead of 80. I get it for free in any case

Just curious where is this 80 dollar figure you keep coming up with when you have developers with no reputation out there trying to sell unfinished products for 50$ for MSFS? Thinking a PMDG 737 could be available for 80 is just a pipe dream IMO. The PMDG DC-6 sells for 60$ so you can almost expect the NG3 be close to twice of that.

14 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Just curious where is this 80 dollar figure you keep coming up with when you have developers with no reputation out there trying to sell unfinished products for 50$ for MSFS? Thinking a PMDG 737 could be available for 80 is just a pipe dream IMO. The PMDG DC-6 sells for 60$ so you can almost expect the NG3 be close to twice of that.

Agreed, I see it being 130ish…as much as I’m anxiously waiting for it and a day one purchase, anymore than that and I’d probably hesitate unfortunately.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

48 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Agreed, I see it being 130ish…as much as I’m anxiously waiting for it and a day one purchase, anymore than that and I’d probably hesitate unfortunately.

Someone asked Randazzo in the PMDG forums if it will be under $100 USD.  Randazzo responded to that user that they would be surprised by the price, hinting that that the PMDG 737 will be under $100.

I don't have the link, but you can search the PMDG forums for Randazzo's response. It was from about a month ago, when Randazzo last updated everyone about the PMDG 737 for MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Someone asked Randazzo in the PMDG forums if it will be under $100 USD.  Randazzo responded to that user that they would be surprised by the price, hinting that that the PMDG 737 will be under $100.

I don't have the link, but you can search the PMDG forums for Randazzo's response. It was from about a month ago, when Randazzo last updated everyone about the PMDG 737 for MSFS.

I think I read something along those lines also and it confused me as , I didn’t see it being under 100$ with the promise they made that a credit of 100$ would be made to those who purchased the 737 for p3d prior to December of that year.. Unless of course the remaining credit can be used towards something else in the PMDG lineup. I do hope I’m wrong, around 80$ would be easier on the pocket book for sure.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

5 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I think I read something along those lines also and it confused me as , I didn’t see it being under 100$ with the promise they made that a credit of 100$ would be made to those who purchased the 737 for p3d prior to December of that year.. Unless of course the remaining credit can be used towards something else in the PMDG lineup. I do hope I’m wrong, around 80$ would be easier on the pocket book for sure.

The question specifically asked about the $100 price point. Randazzo read the $100 clearly and responded that people would be "surprised" by the price.  So I doubt the price would be more than $100.

I'm not sure how PMDG will handle the issue of the credit though for P3D 737 purchases.  My best guess is, perhaps Randazzo will say P3D 737 purchases don't get the full $100 credit, but perhaps get a portion of that credit towards the MSFS 737 purchase, and they will still have remaining credit towards other PMDG planes (ie. if the MSFS 737 is $80, PMDG can give P3D purchasers a $60 credit towards the MSFS 737 so P3D purchasers pay $20 for the MSFS version and have $40 credit left for other PMDG planes, but of course, this would still anger some people).  

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The question specifically asked about the $100 price point. Randazzo read the $100 clearly and responded that people would be "surprised" by the price.  So I doubt the price would be more than $100.

I'm not sure how PMDG will handle the issue of the credit though for P3D 737 purchases.  My best guess is, perhaps Randazzo will say P3D 737 purchases don't get the full $100 credit, but perhaps get a portion of that credit towards the MSFS 737 purchase, and they will still have remaining credit towards other PMDG planes (ie. if the MSFS 737 is $80, PMDG can give P3D purchasers a $60 credit towards the MSFS 737 so P3D purchasers pay $20 for the MSFS version and have $40 credit left for other PMDG planes, but of course, this would still anger some people).  

Ya ther would have to be some strategy made by PMDG on the credit side of things should it be less than 100$ In order to satisfy the masses…I myself didn’t partake in the 100$ p3d credit offer so have no vested interest in how it will be dealt with, but for those that bought it assuming a 100$ credit will be had, should receive 100$ credit some way or some how. Maybe they will offer the credit to go towards an expansion pack to the 737, so 80$ for the 737 and the extra 20 towards the expansion pack may be one way (example of course)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes it seems like they're pivoting a bit towards looking for volume with their sales. There isn't huge competition out there right now for complex addons so something well made should sell very well. 

• Like 1

As not a single person here outside the PMDG staff knows the amount of work necessary to build this product, not a single word is seriously possible regarding the price....being high, low or spot on. 

It all depends on what is it worth to a user....does he or she like to spent the amount of money or not....

Some may find it to much and some are willing to pay....

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png