Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I had a locked 30 constant, but now with the same locked 30, I render between 17-30 but mostly see 22-24 FPS.  So, truly it's an apple to apple, as I adjusted nothing in the sim or the nVidia driver app. Again though, I state that even at 17, there is no stutter, chunk, pause..merely very fluid plane animation. So...the FPS number is only now a curiosity, and not a flag to possible sim jag.

Interesting. As long as there is no stutter, I am happy. While I mostly experience smooth aircraft movement below 30 FPS, panning around the cockpit can result in stutter ruining immersion a bit. 

14 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I had a locked 30 constant, but now with the same locked 30, I render between 17-30 but mostly see 22-24 FPS.  So, truly it's an apple to apple, as I adjusted nothing in the sim or the nVidia driver app. Again though, I state that even at 17, there is no stutter, chunk, pause..merely very fluid plane animation. So...the FPS number is only now a curiosity, and not a flag to possible sim jag.

Interesting.

I noticed that too and first suspected an add-on. But thanks to the XML method I was able to test/deactivate quickly and even at a modest add-on airport I noticed the FPS problem. In 5.2 locked to 29FPS, now with the same settings around 16FPS or worse. And that with the default aircraft. To me, however, it does not seem very fluid. Oh well...

I will now activate Hyperthreading again and see if the automatically set entries are not optimal for my system (7700k, HT still off):

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=15
P3DCoreAffinityMask=15
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=3

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

48 minutes ago, 737freak said:

How is VRAM usage of 5.3 compared to 5.2 and 5.1? Has it been improved? 

If you have Miami by Latin VFR that would be a very good test of VRAM usage. My 1080Ti ran out with Ultra set in Texture Resolution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=15
P3DCoreAffinityMask=15
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=3

Mine is:

AffinityMask=21845
P3DCoreAffinityMask=21845
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

The last three entries determine which of the cores allocated in the core affinity mask do which jobs.

Mine hasn't changed since 5.2HF1

Although more refined control like this is welcome, it does not negate the fact that P3D seems to operate best (for me, YMMV) with 8 separate physical cores, and supporting apps corralled into the last 2 unused cores on my 10850k.

Hardware (to a point) remains king I'm afraid..

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Returning briefly to the despicable actions by Aerosoft with regard to support for its P3D aircraft and v5.3, including those it sold to consumers only days ago during its Black Friday sale, I have posted this over on the Aerosoft forum: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168506-p3d-version-53/&do=findComment&comment=1064365

And I don't even own any of their aircraft -- came close to buying the A330 during Black Friday, but went with TFDi and Majestic and I'm glad I did.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

Returning briefly to the despicable actions by Aerosoft with regard to support for its P3D aircraft and v5.3, including those it sold to consumers only days ago during its Black Friday sale, I have posted this over on the Aerosoft forum: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168506-p3d-version-53/&do=findComment&comment=1064365

And I don't even own any of their aircraft -- came close to buying the A330 during Black Friday, but went with TFDi and Majestic and I'm glad I did.

And now locked, clearly a nerve had been touched there, with the slight backtrack of a commitment to try to ensure it works with 5.3.

MK is wrong that there haven't been any new developments for P3D.  But whatever, he is entitled to upset his customers as much or as little as he wishes.

I feel sorry for the developers of products that he publishes, who may now lose out on revenue as a result of people making an active choice to not buy through Aerosoft, as they will be the unfortunate casualties of MK shooting from the hip as he did.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

So it seems performance is better for some and worse for others?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Gents, whilst I'm aware that Aerosoft products are affected by the v5.3 release it might be better if you created a separate topic with a suitable title. That is likely to attract more attention than discussion in this one.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

Right descision!

Topic has already been locked on their site and initial post has been edited to sound less "harmful".

Very "professional"....

With such approach they wont increase their P3D market anymore xD 

(Last post from my site to this aerosoft topic) Sry Ray 🙂  Just want to add this finally

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flythemaddog. Fly the Maddog X Support & Community Forums

I am happy to announce that our latest update (2.1b826) released on 02/12/2021, released as Open Beta, includes compatibility with Prepar3D v5.3 (5.3.12.28072) among some small fixes and "quality of life" updates (see changelog below).

Just got via email

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

29 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

That's just a FU to the P3D customers that have supported them over a decade...

Doesn't surprise me though, their attitude is well known. 

Anyway, back to enjoy 5.3. now 🙂

Mike

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

8 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

Right descision!

Topic has already been locked on their site and initial post has been edited to sound less "harmful".

Very "professional"....

With such approach they wont increase their P3D market anymore xD 

(Last post from my site to this aerosoft topic) Sry Ray 🙂  Just want to add this finally

The initial post can be found on this thread: avsim.com/forums/topic/609800-future-of-p3d/

Perhaps that topic is more appropiate for discussing Aerosofts actions, as its related to the future of P3D and other devs who still develop/don't develop for the platform. 

Will be flying this around today and part of tomorrow to check things out, reinstall went ok with all the standard sceneries that ppl have all installed nicely or resynched.

One thing I have noticed though, the traffic slider for roads which now include additon on ALL roads is an absolute frame rate killer for VR users on only 20% or lower, setting this to 0 and all smooth again

• Like 2

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Will be flying this around today and part of tomorrow to check things out, reinstall went ok with all the standard sceneries that ppl have all installed nicely or resynched.

One thing I have noticed though, the traffic slider for roads which now include additon on ALL roads is an absolute frame rate killer for VR users on only 20% or lower, setting this to 0 and all smooth again

Thank you, Steve!

Same result for me. I used 30% in 5.2 and had no problems. Moreover, I had a Simmershome' tweak in 5.2, which brought back the ORBX Vector traffic to secondary and territory roads. Thus, enabling all roads in 5.3 seemed reasonable to me. But in 5.3, road traffic seems to have an even bigger affect on FPS. My whish for 5.4: RoadTrafficThreadScheduler 

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gents, whilst I'm aware that Aerosoft products are affected by the v5.3 release it might be better if you created a separate topic with a suitable title. That is likely to attract more attention than discussion in this one.

Could you or another mod kindly hive these comments to another thread, please?

Back OT, has anyone thrown the proverbial kitchen sink at their v5.3, without using any affinity masks?

@Sesquashtoo has said he has lost up to 8 FPS since the move. Stutter in v5.2 is really noticeable below 22 FPS for me, though I can maintain just above that when using Sim-wings EGLL, Orbx TE GB, a complex payware airliner, tons of AI aircraft and inclement weather.
That's not to forget that the Aerosoft Airbii (if they will be made compatible) fall over when FPS drops below 18.

I wouldn't want to switch if there's a significant performance loss.

@Ray Proudfoot, I look forward to hearing the results of your test scenario.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter