Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

"Delete the v5.2 Scenery. Delete Content. Delete Client but do not deactivate the license.

Keep the top Academic one which is about 60 gig. DO NOT DELETE IT>

For me the install went very well.👍

• Like 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

3 hours ago, SergioN said:

It's happening to me as well, same as your findings but with the NGXu. My procedure was uninstalling p3d completely and deleted all corresponding folders. Then install p3d v5.3. Don't know what it is but it may well be that the new pbr implementations are taxiing my oldish GTX 1080 Ti, I'm on 9900K @ 5.2GHz and also 32 GB of ram.

I also experience drop in performance, can barely pass 25 fps in some cases, cruise holds around 35 and that’s in NGXu, FsLabs bus will only be worse.  Also noticing a mouse lag, on the start up screen, and in game, wether it’s windowed or full screen. And I have zero issues in forza 5, cyberpunk, or msfs for that matter. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

11 hours ago, killthespam said:

I strongly disagree regarding "but the atmospheric conditions on the picture (on which you see everything in perfect clarity up to infinity) is simply unrealistic". During day-to-day real-life airline operations, (flying  at low/high altitudes) we encounter hazy days with limited visibility and perfect crystal clear situations related to the weather phenomena and geographical location.

Even if you have perfect crystal clear situations, you still have Rayleigh scattering at distance, which gives the weather its atmospheric feel. Take this picture as an example (where the visibility is quite high):

spacer.png

Performance-wise it looks good, but I got that unfamous "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" for the very first time since I used v5.x 😕

Will wait for a Nvidia driver updt. Maybe I'll take the time to upgrade to Win 11 this weekend...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

... because you can just apply an AM to emulate HT off if you want to.

Well, Kevin, that is just not the case. You have to take into account the barely hardwarewise architecture of an processor. Physically the virtual cores which are added to each physical core if HT is ON are just not exist. Which means that the physical cash and memory lanes on the waver, which exist only once per physical core have to be shared between the physical and the virtual core with HT ON. This is one reason why overclocking has not effect on all cores with HT ON as it has with HT OFF, where the corespeed is set for all physical cores at the same high value. 

AM can´t mimic the real physical "anatomy" of the processor just virtually. Of course it depends on how the usage of every speciffic software act together with the processor architecture. But HT OFF or ON is different to what AM is able to deliver at that specific point.

But i agree that the real outcome depends on so many different parts of the HW and the software which can make differences for some just marginal where other have a lot higher impact. But this rule take effect on AM settings aswell. 😉 

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

No increase for me. Parked at EGLL with PMDG744. Traffic makes huge difference, add to all roads brings down from around 20 to 6 fps, so leaving at freeways only.

Haven't done a flight yet but scenery seems much crisper and more varied.

Thanks Ian. I wonder if others see no real difference. I’ve always avoided road traffic and looks like this will continue with v5.3

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I note the above advice for installing the new P3D version:

"Delete the v5.2 Scenery. Delete Content. Delete Client but do not deactivate the license.  Don't touch the P3D v5.(x) 68 GB top entry."

This is what I have done in the past but I also note advice from Nick Cooper from Orbx that varies slightly from this in that he says:

"uninstall the P3D v5 client and when asked if you want to deactivate P3D v5, answer No. Then uninstall the content and then the scenery and finally the top P3D v5 entry in the Windows control panel."

So what is the correct option -  retain the top P3Dv5 entry or delete it?  Thanks

Bruce

“Delete” should of course be uninstall. The official line is scenery, content and client in that order. Think of the client as the parent and the other two as children. 

I see no point in deleting the top level P3Dv5 folder since the only things it contains are from 3rd party products and will have no bearing on the installation of v5.3.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I see no point in deleting the top level P3Dv5 folder since the only things it contains are from 3rd party products and will have no bearing on the installation of v5.3.

I believe he is referring to the entry under Programs and Features, Ray, and not the P3D root folder.

Regards,

Mike

12 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I believe he is referring to the entry under Programs and Features, Ray, and not the P3D root folder.

Regards,

Mike

Understood. That entry should not be touched. We uninstall via the other entries - scenery, content and client.

As you’ll be installing to the same location it will do no harm to leave it alone.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I agree Ray. I have 5.2 working pretty good for how I like to fly. It seems so far that this new core stuff will be of use to guys with the newer processors which is great but I am going to wait a few days and see if I really need this release. One thing is for sure...not one person so far been yelling WA! HOO! over this release. It is of course early times yet. I will be looking forward to your test over the coming days.

Sound has most certainly been dealt with...all sliders produce very strong and clear tone and volume...you can finally hear ATC, set to your own preferred volume.

9 hours ago, spilok said:

Sesquashtoo,

Your instructions were beautiful. Perfect!  I had never installed P3d that specific way.  However, I followed your instructions to the tee...and it installed beautifully.  Verifying all my ORBX files took some time, but it was worth it.  5.3 is running wonderfully.  Thanks again for those specific step by steps.  I am most grateful

Stan

You're most welcome Stan...and you ONLY have to 'verify' what is under GLOBAL.   When you re-sync under the HELP menu, that writes all that is in your Orbx Folder (Airports, all of it) properly in the Scenery.cfg and where those entries are supposed to be at what level.  So,  Verify for Global, and Re-snyc for everything else.  Two step process for Orbx content,  and done like dinner! 🙂

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

“Delete” should of course be uninstall. The official line is scenery, content and client in that order. Think of the client as the parent and the other two as children. I see no point in deleting the top level P3Dv5 folder since the only things it contains are from 3rd party products and will have no bearing on the installation of v5.3.

Uninstalling the "top entry" in the programs and features list will allow the user to reinstall to a location of their choice.
It does not delete anything, the P3D installer cannot remove anything that it did not install in the first place and all
P3D files have already been removed by the uninstallation of the client, the content and the scenery.
If simply reinstalling an updated P3D version, it is key not to delete anything from the P3D root folder, as this would
require the otherwise unnecessary reinstallation of every addon that might be in that folder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, zkerr8 said:

I just performed my first flight in the maddog and i am sad to say i am experiencing a huge drop in frames. I used to fly around at 40+ fps with most sliders (almost) maxed out and now i can barely break single digits, and that’s at cruise. I’ve played around with graphic settings but haven’t seen any noticeable difference. I’m thinking it’s an issue with the maddog or an another addon. Either way it’s killing me. 

im running on an intel i9 3.7ghz processor w/ 32gb of ram and an nvidia titan rtx with 32gb vram. My rig should be slaying this thing but for some reason it’s not. Ugh!

Go to TRAFFIC and put the traffic slider to FULL Zero...full to the left, and you should see great FPS again. There is a bug in the rendering of ANY percentage of cars on that slider...and on my system, even 1 percent drops 33 percent off my FPS count.  As soon as I pull the slider back left to 0...I get back all my FPS count.  So...definitely a rendering bug hitting hard on CPU/GPU cycles...   I'm sure that L.M. is aware of this by now...and will most likely put out a hot fix.

• Upvote 1

BTW,

I am planning to "make my life a mess" and migrate to Windowze 11 this weekend 🙂

Any of you using P3d v5.3 in Win 11 ?  Positives ? Negatives ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

No increase for me. Parked at EGLL with PMDG744. Traffic makes huge difference, add to all roads brings down from around 20 to 6 fps, so leaving at freeways only.

Haven't done a flight yet but scenery seems much crisper and more varied.

Turn off all the cars...and you should see a 33 percent boost to your FPS  count.  There is a bug in vehicle rendering...hitting CPU/GPU assets pretty hard...

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

No change needed to MakeRwys. The airport facility BGL formats haven't changed.

Pete

I ask because it is returning a fault. It says "makes scenery files for assorted utilities has stopped working". I downloaded a new version but that doesn't work either. What else could be causing this?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.