Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

It is starting to look very much like this is really an under the hood nuts and bolts point release to clean up some odds and ends kind of stuff. I think that most of the changes are more designed to "prepare the battle field" for changes planned for Ver 6.0 and forward. Some folks may see small improvements and others not so much depending on their individual set ups and how they fly. It does not appear that anyone needs to rush out to get this done.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

So, short summary is it worth to upgrade from very stable smooth 5.2 HF2?

i7 8700K @4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB @3700Mhz | ROG Strix OC RTX 3080 Ti

2 minutes ago, Druce said:

Yes

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Here's how my system functions on v5.2HF1 flying the PMDG737 from two heavy addon airports. KATL to KIAD. This is at  cruise at FL390.

No HT and no AM setting in the cfg file. I have assigned P3D to all cores with cores 1, 3 and 5 handling the scenery loading perhaps. My other programs (ASP3D, Aivlasoft EFB Server, LittleNavMap server, ChasePlane and AIG TC) are running on cores 2 and 4 as I set those up in SimStarterNG.

It maintained 30fps all the way down on 01R with 60 Ai on the ground and another 57 in the air. I'm not sure what 5.3 can improve on.

PMDG737_KATLKIAD.jpg

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Yes

Kevin....not at all looking for an argument LOL! but, respectfully what specifically do you base you answer on. What do you feel like makes it worthwhile? 

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

17 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Yes

Lol how?

20 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Kevin....not at all looking for an argument LOL! but, respectfully what specifically do you base you answer on. What do you feel like makes it worthwhile? 

No worries, it's all subjective and you may happily disagree with me 🙂

1. The core affinity is interesting

2. Truesky and EA seem improved

3. Clouds rendering behind terrain is fixed

4. 5.3 is as smooth and stable as 5.2HF2

5. I have found no negatives to date

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

31 minutes ago, Druce said:

Yep

André

13 hours ago, zkerr8 said:

Did it help?

Sorry, maybe I expressed incorrectly. The procedure of full uninstall/install was made from the get go. So even with a clean v5.3 I'm having performance degradation compared to 5.2

Sergio Naiberg

2 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Sorry, maybe I expressed incorrectly. The procedure of full uninstall/install was made from the get go. So even with a clean v5.3 I'm having performance degradation compared to 5.2

It would be helpful if you listed your computer set up.

Sam

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I asked about SimStarterNG 2 days ago but nothing back from the developer yet.

What a shame, I feel naked without it.

Sergio Naiberg

5 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

Well, I am noticing noticeable improvements. I re-flew an saved PMDG 777 approach into EHAM that I had just done last sunday to test FlyTampa V2. My final on 18R went from low 20s to low 30s. And at the gate with AIG traffic limited to 50 planes via AiCull myfps was above 50. I have never seen such high fps in external view. This was by movind main and render threads on different cores and away from Core0. My 5 cents worth

Hi, could you explain how to do it? My .cfg is showing this at the moment with HT off. My CPU is a i9 9900K

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=255
P3DCoreAffinityMask=255
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

Thank you

Sergio Naiberg

5 minutes ago, SergioN said:

What a shame, I feel naked without it.

He’s ill. Give him a few days.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

He’s ill. Give him a few days.

Will do, wish him full 100% recover.

Sergio Naiberg

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Any of you using P3d v5.3 in Win 11 ?  Positives ? Negatives ?

I am. No issues whatsoever.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)