Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

Just now, awf said:

Running FT-EHAMv2? with TE-NL?

FT-EGAMv2 but no TrueEarth-NL. So I get VRAM crash without TE-NL (RTX-2080)

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

28 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

FT-EGAMv2 but no TrueEarth-NL. So I get VRAM crash without TE-NL (RTX-2080)

You could via the FT configurator turn of some (3d grass and cars) and further have a careful look at your P3D settings (scenery complexity/level of detail radius)
Also make sure with some aircraft repaints not to use the ridiculous ones with a file size over 500 MB / 1Gb per livery (hence not much detail, just a few that don't have clue what they are doing with a repaint 😄)

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 1

André

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

My default p3d.cfg jobscheduler looks like this

[JobScheduler]
;AffinityMask=1048575
P3DCoreAffinityMask=1048575
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4
AffinityMask=1048575
;AffinityMask=1048575

Any input is of course greatly appreciated. HT should be on, using i9 10900k.

Mine looks like this. What does it mean?

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=15
P3DCoreAffinityMask=15
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=3

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=15
P3DCoreAffinityMask=15
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=3

4 cores in use...

MainThread runs from core 0

RenderThread from core 2

Frameworker from core 3

[JobScheduler]
//This has been upgraded to a full 64-bit value to support systems with more than 32 logical cores.
AffinityMask = 65535

//This is new. This mask tells Prepar3D what cores to use for our job schedulers. It should be a subset of
//the process mask. Masking off some cores from this will leave them open for 3rd party add-ons,
//and middleware dll which share processes space with Prepar3D.exe.
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 65535

//For each bit flipped in the P3DCoreAffinityMask P3D will create a job scheduler which works within
//a thread tied to that logical core by thread affinity. Using these values, you can assign P3D's special
//purpose work loads to different logical cores. Moving the main thread scheduler will also set the
//main thread affinity which will affectively move P3D's main application loop and simulation work
//to this logical core. This core will likely be utilized at or near 100 %
MainThreadScheduler = 0

//This thread does rendering jobs such as building and submitting d3d12 command lists.
RenderThreadScheduler = 2

//This thread does per - frame rendering optimization work such as instancing and sorting of objects
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler = 4

https://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

My default p3d.cfg jobscheduler looks like this

[JobScheduler]
;AffinityMask=1048575
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
AffinityMask=1048575
;AffinityMask=1048575

Any input is of course greatly appreciated. HT should be on, using i9 10900k.

Hi, I have an i9 10900KF and also have the following:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=1048575
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s not the changes to the BIOS that bother me or even the AM settings. Those are easily reversible. It’s updating to v5.3 with all that that entails, running numerous tests and at the end possibly finding nothing beats what v5.2HF1 provides. Then having to revert. Uugghh! No thanks! 🤨

hmm..yes, Ray, i see your point, but it´s not mandatory to change those settings. Honestly, i´am postponed updating because i have to wait for ENVSHADE to be compatible, not to miss something i love to have. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

No worries, it's all subjective and you may happily disagree with me 🙂

1. The core affinity is interesting

2. Truesky and EA seem improved

3. Clouds rendering behind terrain is fixed

4. 5.3 is as smooth and stable as 5.2HF2

5. I have found no negatives to date

Kevin, in my opinion, your number 4th is the most important assumption for an update decission. Having in mind the mess before HF 1 came accross for 5.2.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

NGXu, default airport, default weather, no traffic, same settings, not GPu limited, vsync off, unlimited

So, I tried:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=349525
P3DCoreAffinityMask=21845
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2

52fps

Then:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=21845
P3DCoreAffinityMask=21845
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2

52fps

Tried both of your settings, in the same scenario (it depends what settings level are set), since we basically have the same CPU. Can't say I see a difference from the default settings though, a few frames maybe more, but smooth and no stutters as well. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I just deleted v5.3 from my system and will be installing v5.2, once more.   I guess that v5.2 is the 'end of the P3D franchise' for me, as honestly assessing my current system, it can't properly handle the v5.3 update.   I've had to scale back features that I want...especially and honestly, to see road traffic on roads, and not appear sterile below the wing.  v5.2 ran great on my system...and am now going to reinstall, and be done with it.  Unless I upgrade my system,  v5.3 and any other future (if) release version must be dismissed.

Enjoy all, that have the computer assets to run this version smoothly with all sliders and features you want to use.  Enjoy!

Ses 

27 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I just deleted v5.3 from my system and will be installing v5.2, once more.   I guess that v5.2 is the 'end of the P3D franchise' for me, as honestly assessing my current system, it can't properly handle the v5.3 update.   I've had to scale back features that I want...especially and honestly, to see road traffic on roads, and not appear sterile below the wing.  v5.2 ran great on my system...and am now going to reinstall, and be done with it.  Unless I upgrade my system,  v5.3 and any other future (if) release version must be dismissed.

Enjoy all, that have the computer assets to run this version smoothly with all sliders and features you want to use.  Enjoy!

Ses 

You and me both. Hard to believe it’s the end of an era…..but as soon as my favorite developers release my favorite tubeliners for msfs, i am off to greener pastures, no looking back. Until then, 5.2 is perfect for my needs. 

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Just my 2 cents: I don't see any degradation of performance using "all roads traffic" to 100%.

However I did have a degradation of performance trying out the F16 and the F35 (like 55fps -> 7 fps).

NB: I didn't compare F16 and F35 in P3D 5.2 though.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=15

Ian, I can answer this bit. If you don’t understand binary this is how it works.

Open any calculator and choose programmer mode. Make sure the DECimal option is selected.

Enter 15 and then select the BIN option. BIN is short for binary. The lowest level of computer code. Something is either on or off. 1 = on; 0 = off.

The BIN option will show 1111. That means your CPU has four cores and each one is on. So P3D will use all four cores.

If you wanted it to use only the first three you would enter 1110. You read from right to left - not left to right.

So if we enter 0111 into the calculator in BIN mode and then select DEC the answer is 7. AffinityMask =7.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So far 5.3 is great.  Smoother for me and no stutters at my most frame intensive airport (CYYZ).  No hit when traffic is on for me.  

Darcy

FWIW  It does appear to me that P3D is sorting out this core use business based on its analysis of your own system. With an  i5-10500 CPU (6/12 cores) I get this as set by P3D:

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=4095
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4095
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2

All works fine for me! I am not tweaking anything and a time-day-light test using Iceland produces some very nice light and shadow control, particle reflections and terrain shadowing and light changes. First time I have seen sparkling off the snow on a runway from the lights and the proper dark shadowing of fjords in the early morning light.

My FPS remains constant at 30 and VRAM at less than 50% of its capacity at 3.0 (out of 8.0)

Edited by coastaldriver

3 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

Just to make sure this new stuff is working, I put the main thread on vCpu6 and notice 100% usage on it in task manager. Also I want to make sure the main thread is not a cpu0 that can be assigned to OS stuff by windows.So I did this ( HT is on)

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=4095
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4095
MainThreadScheduler=6
RenderThreadScheduler=2

Sometimes these subjective comments are placebo, but it feels smoother. I do not remember taxing from 18R to the gate , at night mind you, being that smooth at FT EHAM. Both that run and the run that I did on 5.2 was with 1048 textures because I run out or VRAM with FT EHAM V2 

Thanks Vince, will try this. Just turned HT on and for the first time the sim is not stuttering like it did in other instances.

Sergio Naiberg