Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

16 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Ray, I'm curious, but do you actually fly to default airports? I'm afraid I can't, my autistic tendencies refuse to allow me to fly to anything but payware/good freeware, and in so doing the lack of parking spots at default scenery is quite irrelevant to me :)

Yes. Not all the time but when I want an hour flight in the US that’s impossible with addon airports alone bar BOS-JFK and JFK-IAD.

So departing from a default is the only option and having AIG means only a fraction of Ai are loaded in the sim with so few parking positions.

Porto is a major holiday destination and Portugal’s second airport. To have only 7 useable positions is a disgrace.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Porto is a major holiday destination and Portugal’s second airport. To have only 7 useable positions is a disgrace.

Indeed !  Land of the Best Wine !!! Should have much more gates 🙂 ( there are arround 47 )

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Totally agree. As a side, Tropicalsim released an update to their rendition of Porto last week. It looks halfway decent for the price. Why not treat yourself?  It appears to come with more than 7 parking spaces too!  Life is short…..enjoy it!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

On 12/2/2021 at 10:19 AM, killthespam said:

While there are some improvements, they still didn't fix autogen and scenery draw distance. I notice the same problem, scenery loading in squares while there is the same distinctive line where draw distance ends. For some reason they can't make a smooth transition, it doesn't look real at all. This can be noticed (look at the arrows please). This issue is going on for years, apparently without interest or knowledge to have it fixed.

Too bad, especially when today there are so many options and comparisons between different platforms.

Natural selection will prevail, no wonder why so many developers move away from it.

Very sad.

LINE2.jpg

LINE.jpg

I think you are quibbling over something  very minor. But to each his own and as the Romans would say, Degustibus non est Disputandum.

sherm

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zkerr8 said:

Totally agree. As a side, Tropicalsim released an update to their rendition of Porto last week. It looks halfway decent for the price. Why not treat yourself?  It appears to come with more than 7 parking spaces too!  Life is short…..enjoy it!  

I can only see a MSFS version released recently. The P3D version is a few years old but I may treat myself. Yes, life is too short.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Rafal , i agree not the best but then again not the worst either !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Just now, sonny147 said:

not the best but then again not the worst either

True, having no choice means having a choice. 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I'm not a fan of Tropicalsim, but here you are, Ray:
https://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-2-porto-2022-lppr-p3d5.phtml

Thanks Rafal. That looks up to date and as it’s for v5 likely to be a decent performer. With the addition of AIG Ai it should look pretty good. I do have other TropicalSim airports so it’s not a leap in the dark.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Hey Rafal , i agree not the best but then again not the worst either !

There always has to be a balance between complexity and performance. Given the paucity of choice I’d rather have one produced for v5 as it shows the developer there’s still demand for P3D scenery.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray " Paucity" ?, you clearly went  to a grammar school lol 😁where as i am mearly the son of a steelworker !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

11 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Ray " Paucity" ?, you clearly went  to a grammar school lol 😁where as i am mearly the son of a steelworker !

Not me I’m afraid. Got 2 O-levels at 16 so sec mod beckoned. But I do read a broadsheet newspaper so it’s probably down to that. 😁 I was the son of a sub-postmaster.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ihave an AMD Phenom2 x6 1090t processor,a Zotac GTX 1050tI,4GB

AND 8 GB of system memory.Would I be able to run v5.3 maybe at reduced settings?

Does anyone have some intelligence on whether the F1 GTN 750 will be upgraded for v 5.3?  Not looking very promising.  Could be a show stopper for me.  I'm just not willing to invest more money on the alternative.  I did get the update for EHAM but that will be my last investment for P3D.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."