Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

I'm waiting for EZCAv3 and SIMstarter updates, any news from them?

Thanks

Lots of complains about traffic cars have huge FPS impact already at 5% setting of 33%.....and over at LM I couldn't find a report or issue on this. Has someone reported it at the appropriate place?

That would be necessary if you expect to get a solution.

Regards

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Been away for the past week or two, this release came as a very pleasant surprise but after reading through it appears I'll be sticking with 4.5HF3 for a bit until things get figured out.  Reading reports of FPS in the teens-20's once you enable any sort of road traffic does not entice me to run out and upgrade.  So basically if I shut off all road traffic I "may" get back to where I was before, the DX Hung issue still seems to live on in 5.3, sounds seem to be better but then I have to go and try and figure out a CPU affinity to get optimal performance.

To me personally none of the above leaves me excited about going through the upgrade process when 4.5HF3 is running so well and I don't have to disable anything for performance.  I just built a brand new system and my entire 4.5 install migrated with only 1 or two things even needing to re-activate, otherwise it's like I just plugged my drive into my upgraded system and off I went.  

I was really excited to start completely fresh but I guess I will wait for the 5.3 HF1.  😞  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Even if you have perfect crystal clear situations, you still have Rayleigh scattering at distance, which gives the weather its atmospheric feel. Take this picture as an example (where the visibility is quite high):

spacer.png

Are you implying that there are no crystal clear days without a cloud in the sky and unlimited visibility?

Are you sure?

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Uninstalling the "top entry" in the programs and features list will allow the user to reinstall to a location of their choice.
It does not delete anything, the P3D installer cannot remove anything that it did not install in the first place and all
P3D files have already been removed by the uninstallation of the client, the content and the scenery.
If simply reinstalling an updated P3D version, it is key not to delete anything from the P3D root folder, as this would
require the otherwise unnecessary reinstallation of every addon that might be in that folder.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I'm unsure why anyone would choose to install P3D v5.3 to a different location than v5.2 but I suppose there might be some rare circumstances. But it doesn't apply to the majority.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've decided not to install this point update until more info is forthcoming from LM about AM settings and whether improvements can only be gained with some CPUs and not all i7 and equivalent and faster.

For those who have installed it could they tell me how many parking positions there are at Porto, Portugal. LPPR please. There were around 10 in v5.2HF1 which is way down on v4 and v3. I really hope LM have addressed this but I've seen nothing specific in the list of changes.

I see someone has already experienced the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG problem so that's still around. I don't recall seeing any instances of that in the MSFS forum with DX12.

And finally and most important, I've not seen posts from anyone saying there's an increase in performance. Quite the  opposite actually where a few have reported a decrease. If this point release is mostly about PBR effects at the expense of performance I may not bother.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm waiting for EZCAv3 and SIMstarter updates, any news from them?

Thanks

I asked about SimStarterNG 2 days ago but nothing back from the developer yet.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've decided not to install this point update until more info is forthcoming from LM about AM settings and whether improvements can only be gained with some CPUs and not all i7 and equivalent and faster.

For those who have installed it could they tell me how many parking positions there are at Porto, Portugal. LPPR please. There were around 10 in v5.2HF1 which is way down on v4 and v3. I really hope LM have addressed this but I've seen nothing specific in the list of changes.

I see someone has already experienced the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG problem so that's still around. I don't recall seeing any instances of that in the MSFS forum with DX12.

And finally and most important, I've not seen posts from anyone saying there's an increase in performance. Quite the  opposite actually where a few have reported a decrease. If this point release is mostly about PBR effects at the expense of performance I may not bother.

Not sad that I agree with you but sadly I agree with you 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Performance-wise it looks good, but I got that unfamous "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" for the very first time since I used v5.x

Have you added entries to the Registry using the instructions pinned to the top of this forum? I've had none since doing it with v5.2HF1. Also, drivers 471.96 remain on my system and seem the best option.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, I am noticing noticeable improvements. I re-flew an saved PMDG 777 approach into EHAM that I had just done last sunday to test FlyTampa V2. My final on 18R went from low 20s to low 30s. And at the gate with AIG traffic limited to 50 planes via AiCull myfps was above 50. I have never seen such high fps in external view. This was by movind main and render threads on different cores and away from Core0. My 5 cents worth

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you added entries to the Registry using the instructions pinned to the top of this forum? I've had none since doing it with v5.2HF1. Also, drivers 471.96 remain on my system and seem the best option.

Ray,

I meanwhile noticed the pinned topic at the top of the P3d Forum and will give it a try, yet, meanwhile I decided to migrate home PC to Win 11 during weekend. Will actually go for a clean install of Win 11, and evaluate it for a while...

After installing P3d v5.3 in Win 11 I will see how it all goes, and report back 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, my 2 cents worth.

No increase in FPS with same settings.

Makerwys and Ai lights don't work.

On a flight around South England bad stutters.

No sign of CPU/GPU adjustments in P3D.cfg

All seems much the same.

Will revert to 5.2 for the time being.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Have you updated the AI Lights to version 1.36 (as noted by SimBol earlier in this thread)?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@vincentrouleau, were conditions exactly the same for both flights? Same weather? Same time of day so Ai were the same?

I see your CPU is similar to mine. HT on or off?

My test is slewing up 400ft at SimWings EGLL with fixed weather of cold front. I then slew the aircraft through 360 degrees and monitor the fps on a lua display on a separate PC connected via WideFS. The one in P3D is simply too difficult to monitor accurately. VSync is off so I can see the maximum fps.

I also disable all AIG Ai as the number of Ai is so variable. If you remove all the variables from your test any differences are down to the new version.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Makerwys and Ai lights don't work.

MakeRwys should be fine. Have you reported it to Pete & John?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather