Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

V5.3 : improved EA clouds ?

I haven´t tested 5.3 so far. But in Active Sky, there is possibility to enable detailed EA clouds in ASP3D. I get better results with this on. I think it was natively swtiched off.

• Like 1

Haven't tried with ASCA, but so far with Active Sky latest update ( 5.3 compatibility update ) and default clouds vs default EA, 5.3 runs smoother with EA for me.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

1 hour ago, him225 said:

Is that also with volumetric clouds off?

No, if you use the sprite based version you get the local area depiction 

Above the Netherlands it looks better. AS does a better job in showing clouds with EA control enabled than with it disabled :

VolClouds control Disabled

8-FC85692-B73-F-467-E-9-D4-E-03-BC5-CFB0

VolClouds control Enabled

0-AF48731-12-A5-4-ABF-8-BB0-0-F243-B1007

If only there where some bulging clouds sprites sticking out than it would look even better.

And cumulonimbus clouds in general.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

Apologies accepted. Do not forget to not come back to the P3D subforum either.

Same for you.

Enjoy your sims.

Cheers

thanks, v constructive advice I bow to your superiority 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ActiveSky still can’t correctly depict weather with the limitations of EA clouds, so any minor improvements made to the visuals are pretty much moot. And they still look bad anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kand said:

Yup, and still global wx depiction, cant say I am excited about P3d anymore 

The global weather depiction ruins it and thus I cannot use it. What a shame. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Capture-d-cran-2021-12-02-132226.jpg

I like it but only one layer?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

7 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Same for you.

Enjoy your sims.

Are existing P3D users in the P3D sub forum not even allowed to say they aren't excited about P3D anymore without the forum police asking them to vacate the premises?

I dare say I'm not particularly excited about EA and LM's slow process to work on it either. I had it enabled for a bit in 5.2 but then switched to EA plus legacy clouds because, while the lighting looks and shaders look good, the clouds just don't cut it for me and the global weather depiction with sudden transitions makes me feel like FSX 10+ years ago. TrueSKY can look absolutely breathtaking, but at the pace at which LM appear to be working on it it looks like we may be there only in about v10, if at all.

• Like 11

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Are existing P3D users in the P3D sub forum not even allowed to say they aren't excited about P3D anymore without the forum police asking them to vacate the premises?

I dare say I'm not particularly excited about EA and LM's slow process to work on it either. I had it enabled for a bit in 5.2 but then switched to EA plus legacy clouds because, while the lighting looks and shaders look good, the clouds just don't cut it for me and the global weather depiction with sudden transitions makes me feel like FSX 10+ years ago. TrueSKY can look absolutely breathtaking, but at the pace at which LM appear to be working on it it looks like we may be there only in about v10, if at all.

I was allways a big fan of Prepar3d, but now I just removed it just, like a lot of people. I don't want to bash Prepar3d because I had great times with it, thank you for that! Still hope they come up with something great!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I dont get anything like that ever :S

I don't either.

Dan Cole

19 hours ago, kand said:

No, if you use the sprite based version you get the local area depiction 

Thats a relief to hear cause I can make do without the new clouds but hard to step back from the new EA lighting. The inaccuracy of dawn dusk timing bothers me more, havent checked it yet but from the list of fixes looks like LM might have done the other way round by changing street light timing than correcting the sky transitioning timing.

21 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I dont get anything like that ever :S

Same here - I deleted the VolumetricClouds.cfg and let build a new one (no idea if this was the trick). Anyway, I do not see these ugly wafers.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals